The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Eleonore
I am more confident about memory and explanations of attachment with cultural variations.
least confident about strategies of memory improvement and day care (just found them really hard to revise because I don't have that much material on it)
what about you?

I'm confident with cognitive as a whole and so not confident about cultural variations of attachment and day care
Original post by geeee11
Yuille & Cutshall is a good one to contradict Loftus' findings, as they found that witnesses to a real life gun shooting had remarkably accurate recall :smile:

Right thanks very much! I do have that for an A02, but for A01 is the 2 studies i mentioned enough for 6 marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hpiercey3
Right thanks very much! I do have that for an A02, but for A01 is the 2 studies i mentioned enough for 6 marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah definitely as long as you go into as much detail as you can with them.
Original post by geeee11
Yeah definitely as long as you go into as much detail as you can with them.

Sure expanding is key, thanks for your help :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Quick questtion, could you link defenbauchers finding on anxiety and recall as an evaluation point for the effects of missleading questions (Loftus and Palmer) when relating to the mundane realism/ecological validity of the study?!!!
(edited 8 years ago)
If I forget the name of the psychologist but still explain the procedure, can I still get the marks?
For daycare on aggression A01 is this worth six marks

One study comes from Violata and Russell they conducted a metanaylsis on 88 studies and found that children who attend daycare for more than 20 hours a week seemed to have a negative socio emotional effect therefore they showed aggresive behaviour.

Next study :
One comes from Belsky. A longitudinal study researching the develepement of 1083 children across the USA. Belsky found children who attended daycare 30 hours a week showed much more aggressive behaviour than those who only attended 10 hours a week, e.g. they talked to much and started fighting a lot.

Next study:
One study from the NICHD. They kept progress on over 1000 children since 1991. The study found the more time children spent in daycare since 1-4 and a half years old the more adults rated them as aggresive. Children in full time day care was more than 3 times likley to show aggressive behaviour than those looked after by their mother at home.
Original post by priya98
If I forget the name of the psychologist but still explain the procedure, can I still get the marks?

Yes as long as the study is identifiable - please no one make up studies, it just makes you look bad, you're going up against examiners who are professionals in what they do.
can anyone explain to me dilala?
Original post by geeee11
Out of interest what was the wording of the question she said could come up?

Outline and evaluate the use of the strange situation as a measure of attachment
Original post by geeee11
I'm not sure strange situation on it's own can be a 12 marker?

It hasn't been asked before but their definitely is enough A01 and A02 detail on it. For fulle marks in the A01 you'd have to fully outline the 8 step procedure. I said earlier on this post that I had a dream about the exam last night and this was the 12 marker :')
Original post by priya98

yes you dont need the researchers name
Original post by ellietaytayx
You need to ask for additional paper and write on your answer e.g 'continued on sheet' and on the sheet mark e.g. 'question 2a continued'. You mustn't write off of the answer lines as the exam board clip down the pages and your work may be lost. Also if you do not state that you have used additional paper they will not look for it. I usually ask for paper at the beginning of every exam just in case :smile: Good luck ! xx

I think I'll ask for paper at the start of the exam just incase :smile: thank you! good luck also xx
Original post by amberuniverse
It hasn't been asked before but their definitely is enough A01 and A02 detail on it. For fulle marks in the A01 you'd have to fully outline the 8 step procedure. I said earlier on this post that I had a dream about the exam last night and this was the 12 marker :')

Fingers crossed :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Im really nervous omg
What AO2 points could be written for the influence of research into attachment and day care? Is it just research support?
How long would you guys recommend spending on the 12-marker? I'm gonna leave it till the end but I haven't actually done any timed past papers so I'm not sue how long to leave for it?
how would you outline the below two studies, each for 6 marks
NICHD study
EPPE study
Original post by jordanherbert
What AO2 points could be written for the influence of research into attachment and day care? Is it just research support?

you can include methological support like there was use of case studies or the individual differences
Original post by hannah4262
How long would you guys recommend spending on the 12-marker? I'm gonna leave it till the end but I haven't actually done any timed past papers so I'm not sue how long to leave for it?

I personally aim to spend a minute on each mark but if l have time at the end l add more information

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending