The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mister Dead

After much deliberation i've decided to go with a strategy of retaining Chelsea players and buying in a strong squad to cope with rotation. Can't risk them going beserk in a good or indeed a bad way.

10 home players. If only it ever worked out how it's supposed to...

Get rid of Sterling?
Original post by asr11
Get rid of Sterling?

I'm not making any more transfers this week. No point getting rid of Sterling with two good fixtures coming for Liverpool, potentially Hazard getting benched or other injuries before the Arsenal DGW. There may be slightly better options, but probably not for a 4pt hit
(edited 8 years ago)
I swapped mahrez for cambiasso yesterday. sometimes you just have to laugh
Van Aanholt as third sub. Brilliant

Posted from TSR Mobile
Think my chance to win this league is gone. Will be 30 behind and the leader has 2 more players left than me :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
I honestly give up with this season.

:ditto:
Did you all listen to me when I said to keep Aguero? I doubt you did.

Original post by little_wizard123

Aguero (C). But it wasn't your tip, it was because when I was examining him closely I noticed that HE'S ONE OF THE BEST PLAYERS IN THE WORLD

I'm on the cusp of winning the trophy in the game I play where we auction a squad each at the season start. It's a big deal - it has been going almost 20 years and this will be my fifth name on the trophy! I'm 15 points in front (average weekly score only about 30-40pts), 8 players to play today (compared to second place's 1), have 2 transfers (can use them in between games) and my team is looking in much better shape re. injuries, form and rotation (he owns Adm, Forster, Rooney, Barkley, eriksen, kane, shaw, blind, lukaku)

Would you use either of these two transfers on

a)Kolarov against qpr then hang back with second transfer (make one extra game)

b)Gerrard in against Chelsea then Palace at home, before using second transfer on last day of season (make 2 extra games)

c) Hang back in case Wenger does an about turn and starts Walcott (I think this is a strong possibility with two mid-weekers)

d) do nothing - it aint broke, don't fix it. save the transfers for the last day when you can see all the kick-off's then can check lineups for any absentees before making transfer
(edited 8 years ago)
Tried to be too clever and put Benteke as captain, that's me done for this season.

He stopped scoring because I brought him in and then when I took him out, he's since scored 6 goals in 5 games.

****!
Original post by Zerforax
He stopped scoring because I brought him in and then when I took him out, he's since scored 6 goals in 5 games.

****!

Always listen to my advice.

Mister Dead likes to think it wasn't my advice but everybody was set to ditch him, and now he's stealing my 'he's the best player in the league' line.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Luhar
Tried to be too clever and put Benteke as captain, that's me done for this season.

Very brave. For some reason he wasn't quite with it yesterday. Obviously I put money on him scoring (first time I've done it) so blame me. Odds of 6/5 anytime as well :mad:
Original post by Zerforax

****!

So you're the reason he starting scoring points for me again. Thank you.:adore:
Hope y'all captained Aguero
a few people didn't

harsh
bummer
tough break
Original post by Mister Dead
a few people didn't

harsh
bummer
tough break

You owe me.
Original post by asr11
Hope y'all captained Aguero

did anyone NOT captain him?
Good thing I decided to keep Aguero over the past few weeks! :biggrin:

I just hope Sanchez also grabs a hattrick tomorrow since I captained him this week.
You owe me.

if there's one thing worse than not captaining Aguero when he blasts a hattrick, it's flouncing out of the league then making every single correct decision for the remainder of the season

gah! what are the chances
Me :frown: Ah well

Quick Reply

Latest