The Student Room Group

Re: *** DENTISTRY Graduate Entry Programme 2015!!!! *** Applicants Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jennyyy33
Undergrad entry, Newcastle don't have a grad entry unfortunately!

Ah okay! Exciting :-) I can't wait to start!
I have to present my findings from my final year research project at the end of the month and so I have to keep going back to my write-up which I handed in last month. Unfortunately I keep finding formatting errors each time I look at it but luckily no content errors. I think I was too sick of the sight of the thing after 4 months to proof read it properly and should have got someone else to look at it - but now I'm really concerned that I won't make my 2.1 conditional offer for King's :frown: Any inspirational tales/words of advice? Should I be making alternative plans for September?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by farmy93
I have to present my findings from my final year research project at the end of the month and so I have to keep going back to my write-up which I handed in last month. Unfortunately I keep finding formatting errors each time I look at it but luckily no content errors. I think I was too sick of the sight of the thing after 4 months to proof read it properly and should have got someone else to look at it - but now I'm really concerned that I won't make my 2.1 conditional offer for King's :frown: Any inspirational tales/words of advice? Should I be making alternative plans for September?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry I think everyone goes through that to some extent! the main thing is the content, I doubt you'll get penalised too much for grammatical or formatting errors. Also remember that you have other modules as well! Most of the marks are in exams so just work hard and I'm sure you'll get there :smile:. Saying that I'm insanely scared for exams, feeling really overwhelmed while revising!
Original post by farmy93

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry! I remember handing mine in then 5 mins later finding a typo on the first effing page! Haha

I'm sure you'll be fine! When do you find out your final degree classification? :-) good luck! I'm sure you'll smash it! X
Original post by eshdentist
Don't worry! I remember handing mine in then 5 mins later finding a typo on the first effing page! Haha

I'm sure you'll be fine! When do you find out your final degree classification? :-) good luck! I'm sure you'll smash it! X

Thanks for the words of encouragement guys! I find out mid - late June so it's going to be a very long wait!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by farmy93
Thanks for the words of encouragement guys! I find out mid - late June so it's going to be a very long wait!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It comes quicker than you think! Now go smash those exams and I'll see you in late August! :smile: xx
Original post by farmy93

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry!! I graduated last year and the morning of handing in my dissertation I noticed loads of errors after spending £20 printing it off! I still got 69% so you don't need to worry about it :smile: just work hard and you will get the 2.1!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey..I am thinking of applying this year for next year entry. I am currently in my final year of dental technology. Any tips you can offer because I really want to get into kings as I will be going back home(London) after finishing my degree. Also did you get any findings and what modules did you do in your 1st year
Original post by sarahp92
Hey..I am thinking of applying this year for next year entry. I am currently in my final year of dental technology. Any tips you can offer because I really want to get into kings as I will be going back home(London) after finishing my degree. Also did you get any findings and what modules did you do in your 1st year

You may wanna check requirements but kings generally only accept biomed/pharmacy grads. Best to email them and ask x x
Hi guys!

I am a 1st year Nutrition undergrad at KCL and recently dentistry has sparked a massive interest for me and I am considering applying for grad entry.
My A-levels: ABBc Economics Biology Chemistry Psychology respectively, GCSEs 4A* 8A 2B. Do you think this will be ok?

Also: What kind of things would you recommend that I do from now up until 3rd year? Got some work experience sorted for summer - 1 week GDP, 2 weeks abroad (hospital) and in the process of finding more.

(As for unis, obviously I have time to decide that - but really want to be in London. preferably KCL as I love it here!)

Thank you! :smile:
Original post by priyac95
Hi guys!

I am a 1st year Nutrition undergrad at KCL and recently dentistry has sparked a massive interest for me and I am considering applying for grad entry.
My A-levels: ABBc Economics Biology Chemistry Psychology respectively, GCSEs 4A* 8A 2B. Do you think this will be ok?

Also: What kind of things would you recommend that I do from now up until 3rd year? Got some work experience sorted for summer - 1 week GDP, 2 weeks abroad (hospital) and in the process of finding more.

(As for unis, obviously I have time to decide that - but really want to be in London. preferably KCL as I love it here!)

Hey

Best to check the entry requirements for grad entry as most require you to be a biomed (or variants of) /pharmacy grad now- KCL certainly does.
Original post by priyac95
Hi guys!

I can't speak for any other universities but I know Newcastle accept Nutrition students as I am one of them! :smile:
Original post by Jennyyy33
I can't speak for any other universities but I know Newcastle accept Nutrition students as I am one of them! :smile:

thats for undergrad entry though isnt it?

Undergrad entry they accept more varied degrees, grad entry they're more strict.
Original post by eshdentist
thats for undergrad entry though isnt it?

Undergrad entry they accept more varied degrees, grad entry they're more strict.

Newcastle don't do grad entry. So yes it's undergrad
Hey all. Are offers based upon your overall degree classification or do all of your modules which you have taken have to be over a certain threshold? For illustration purposes, a 2.1 conditional offer. For all units you have taken, will you have to achieve over 60%? Or is it based upon your overall AVERAGE across all of units which is important?

Also, do universities request a copy of your degree transcript outlining all the results for each unit when you apply as a graduate? Or is it simply the degree classification they are after?

Thanks
Original post by aznboytomle
Hey all. Are offers based upon your overall degree classification or do all of your modules which you have taken have to be over a certain threshold? For illustration purposes, a 2.1 conditional offer. For all units you have taken, will you have to achieve over 60%? Or is it based upon your overall AVERAGE across all of units which is important?

Also, do universities request a copy of your degree transcript outlining all the results for each unit when you apply as a graduate? Or is it simply the degree classification they are after?

Thanks

When you're applying for grad entry you often have to submit a VPL form (verification of prior learning). Sometimes this includes sending a transcript of your degree modules (or those completed so far if you're still studying)
I had to do this when applying last year.
All depends where you apply for what they ask for. Information is often on the websites though.
As for offers it's generally a 2.1 or a 1st as your overall classification :smile:
First of all, congratulations for being successfullyaccepted at Dundee University!
University life is exciting, accommodation can be a bit ofexpensive. There is a fantastic opportunity to rent your very ownlarge double bedrooms in a spectacular 5 bedroom town house (2 double bedroomsare available) in the sought after area of Waterfront Area of Dundee. It’sabout 13 minutes walking distance to Dundee University and about 6 minutes onbicycle. This property is close to all local amenities and bus routes fortravel throughout the city. This house benefits from Double Glazing and Gas CentralHeating and stunning view of the water and bridge. Each of the upstairsbedrooms are all double rooms with sufficient storage. There is a dedicatedlaundry room as well, so you do not have to dry your stuffs in in your ownroom. The fully fitted kitchen comes with white goods and has a back doorleading to the large rear garden.You will be sharing this beautiful townhouse with 3 mature,easy-going and tidy students at Dundee University. Viewing is highlyrecommended for this property. For more information please keep in touch!*����
Reply 637
Has anyone else here who was rejected on the grad entry received an offer for undergrad dentistry ?
For Kings? I have. Are you thinking of taking it?
Reply 639
Original post by bony_joe
For Kings? I have. Are you thinking of taking it?

Yeah for kings - I've already taken it

Quick Reply

Latest