The Student Room Group

Exams this week :/

Okay, so my gcse exams are this week and I'm stressing like mad because my parents expect me to get ALL A'S AND A*S but that is NEVER going to happen. How can I bring my Rs grade up from a D to at least a B and chemistry and physics too- In chemistry and Physics I've got a*s in the isas but the exams always let me down. How can I at least get B's in the chemistry C2 AND C1 exams(same with physics)????? HELLPPP
I'm the opposite, I'll get As or A*s, but we haven't even done the course work yet! I dont do RS, but in geography, another humanities, flash cards help a lot!
Don't stress about your GCSE's they are not make or break for anything, so long as you make the entry requirements for where you want to go next that is all that matters, easier said than done I know :smile: - A level student :')
Reply 3
Original post by ScienceGeek1878
I'm the opposite, I'll get As or A*s, but we haven't even done the course work yet! I dont do RS, but in geography, another humanities, flash cards help a lot!

I cannot believe you haven't done the coursework yet haha and RS is compulsory :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by megankate34
Don't stress about your GCSE's they are not make or break for anything, so long as you make the entry requirements for where you want to go next that is all that matters, easier said than done I know :smile: - A level student :':wink:

I can easily get my entry requirements for sixth form its just that my parents expect no lower than a B in ANYTHING.
Original post by ThatGurl
I cannot believe you haven't done the coursework yet haha and RS is compulsory :frown:

Yeah, our school is *******s, I haven't had a teacher since year 9, only supplies!
I just couldn't do RS, I dont even understand religion xD
I can easily get my entry requirements for sixth form its just that my parents expect no lower than a B in ANYTHING.

There are very little people who get pure A's :smile: do the best you can and that is the best you can do :') *tries to say that to myself the day before my a level exam*
Reply 7
Original post by ScienceGeek1878
Yeah, our school is *******s, I haven't had a teacher since year 9, only supplies!
I just couldn't do RS, I dont even understand religion xD

haha okay :smile:
Reply 8
There are very little people who get pure A's :smile: do the best you can and that is the best you can do :':wink: *tries to say that to myself the day before my a level exam*

haha thank you :smile: I'm even more scared for a-levels. I need A*AA eeeep
Don't stress about your GCSE's they are not make or break for anything, so long as you make the entry requirements for where you want to go next that is all that matters, easier said than done I know :smile: - A level student :')

This is definitely true. I remember thinking that if i don't get good grades, it would ruin my chances for a good career. Not saying GCSEs don't matter at all, just that its not make or break if your grades aren't amazing
Good luck!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
haha thank you :smile: I'm even more scared for a-levels. I need A*AA eeeep

Don't start worrying about a levels :wink: they are okay in the end, bloody hard work :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by TheKhaleesi
This is definitely true. I remember thinking that if i don't get good grades, it would ruin my chances for a good career. Not saying GCSEs don't matter at all, just that its not make or break if your grades aren't amazing
Good luck!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank youuu
Reply 12
Don't start worrying about a levels :wink: they are okay in the end, bloody hard work :smile:

Haha Okay w/e you say
Currently at university, and can completely understand where you're coming from. Don't stress, and just try your best, that's all you can do. Since completing my GCSE's, I've never once been asked what they're, never once asked for proof when applying for jobs, they're pretty much there to get you a stepping stone to better things.

Regarding your parents, they just want the best for you. If you can walk out of every exam saying "I definitely tried my best, and put sufficient work in", then that's all that matters.. It's not about your parents, it's about YOU.
Reply 14
Original post by ElliotField
Currently at university, and can completely understand where you're coming from. Don't stress, and just try your best, that's all you can do. Since completing my GCSE's, I've never once been asked what they're, never once asked for proof when applying for jobs, they're pretty much there to get you a stepping stone to better things.

Regarding your parents, they just want the best for you. If you can walk out of every exam saying "I definitely tried my best, and put sufficient work in", then that's all that matters.. It's not about your parents, it's about YOU.

I've heard a lot that once you complete your A-levels GCSE's don't really matter but my parents honestly don't understand this. From our culture and background EVERY grade matters and every family member will know your grades before you do haha but thank you for the support, its exactly what I wanted to hear :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest