The Student Room Group

Re exam tomorrow... Any tips???

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by chocolatesauce
when you see a question and you're like wtf, calm down, plan your points first and remember all your points don't have to link to Christianity. also sometimes the points can be sooo simple, it doesn't have to be sophisticated at all. e.g when its like how might a Christian prepare for a wedding, it could be simple as get a wedding dress (for two marks ect). and remember the whole country is doing it so different levels of points will be made. just go and do your best :smile:

I think this is just the best thing that has been said to me today!! Thanks so much!!! Golden advice!!!! Thank you so much!! Thats what I wanted to know... Like how complicated the answers need to be and whether it is all strictly according to the specification and mark scheme or if you can think outside the box!
Thank you so much!!
Original post by Ash Kay
I think this is just the best thing that has been said to me today!! Thanks so much!!! Golden advice!!!! Thank you so much!! Thats what I wanted to know... Like how complicated the answers need to be and whether it is all strictly according to the specification and mark scheme or if you can think outside the box!
Thank you so much!!
its not strictly to the mark scheme AT ALL, literally thousands of answers are available, just as long as you can back it up with bible references. its ok :smile: ive got mine tomorrow too, good luck!
Reply 22
Original post by chocolatesauce
its not strictly to the mark scheme AT ALL, literally thousands of answers are available, just as long as you can back it up with bible references. its ok :smile: ive got mine tomorrow too, good luck!

Good luck to you too! May fortune be with us!
Original post by Ash Kay
Thanks!! I will do that! Are the examinera generous or are they very strict like will they award marks if the answer makes sense or is it all strictly from the mark scheme?
T

Np! Hmm I really couldn't say. I guess it depends from examiner to examiner. Lets hope its a nice one :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by suudsioee
Np! Hmm I really couldn't say. I guess it depends from examiner to examiner. Lets hope its a nice one :smile:
yeah I hope the examiner is nice!!!
Original post by Ash Kay
I have my RE exam tomorrow... Unit 2 Christianity.. Any tips?
Revision methods
Analysis of past papers
What's most likely to come up?

KEY WORDS!! I'm spending the whole of tonight learning them! Also remember the basic views of different denominations of Christianity
Reply 26
Original post by Verigans
KEY WORDS!! I'm spending the whole of tonight learning them! Also remember the basic views of different denominations of Christianity

YES👍👍👍
Is anyone here doing WJEC religion and life Tomorrow ?
If anybody is doing Unit 3 Edexcel RE tomorrow PM me I need desperate help. I left my textbook in school.
Reply 29
Original post by Zeetingman
If anybody is doing Unit 3 Edexcel RE tomorrow PM me I need desperate help. I left my textbook in school.

Oh no! I'm doing unit 2 sorry!!! Have a look on the revision section... I found it to be very useful and found some good revision material. It was for unit 1 but it had similar content to unit 2 so...
Guys, do you have media examples about Believing in God? Thanks!

Also can you explain evolution and design?
Reply 31
If anyone knows a good revision website please let me know!!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 32
Original post by Katniss1

The Vicar of Dibley

Father Ted

I can remember these being mentioned. I'll let you know in more detail when I revise that section.
For evolution and design... it's the causation argument and the design argument (William Haley and the watch)
I'll elaborate later on
Original post by Katniss1

Songs of Praise?
Original post by Ash Kay
Thank you so much!!

I haven't done a timed past paper. How have you found the timing, would you see it's an issue and would you say it's better to dive in or plan the responses?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Diligence
I have done a timed past paper. How have you found the timing, would you see it's an issue and would you say it's better to dive in or plan the responses?

I've just finished every single a per and I have 10 mins to spare pretty much every time, depends on how fast your write and how much detail, I'm marking my self but am hitting 85%-96% on every paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
For c style question for rs edexel can you talk about point that counter Ur opinion and still get marks?
Original post by Tommy1499
I've just finished every single a per and I have 10 mins to spare pretty much every time, depends on how fast your write and how much detail, I'm marking my self but am hitting 85%-96% on every paper

Posted from TSR Mobile

How do you structure the 8 markers?
Reply 38
Original post by Diligence
I have done a timed past paper. How have you found the timing, would you see it's an issue and would you say it's better to dive in or plan the responses?

When I first did a timed past paper in exam conditions I fount the timing to be really tight but that was because I would spend too long on one question. For this exam I would recommend that you just formulate the answer in your mind and write it down. Theres no time for planning. You can make a few brief points for the 8 markers and by brief I mean it should take less than 2 minutes. Time yourself... 20 minutes per question. If its taking longer than 20 mins... move on and come back to it at the end.
Reply 39
Original post by Uravgboss
For c style question for rs edexel can you talk about point that counter Ur opinion and still get marks?

What do you mean by counter your opinion?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending