The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Atlético have 76 points and Valencia have 72, pretty good points totals for 3rd place and 4th place in la liga, wonder if Atlético could challenge again next season?

They just need a bit more pace in wide areas and I think they'll be a much tougher outfit to face.
Original post by jam277
Atlético have 76 points and Valencia have 72, pretty good points totals for 3rd place and 4th place in la liga, wonder if Atlético could challenge again next season?

They just need a bit more pace in wide areas and I think they'll be a much tougher outfit to face.

Don't think AM will have enough firepower to continue to match Madrid and Barcelona over the course of a season.
Original post by Zerforax
Don't think AM will have enough firepower to continue to match Madrid and Barcelona over the course of a season.

At the moment na but add a top striker, take Filipe Luis back, add a midfielder for the ageing Tiago/Gabi combo, a fast winger and provided Griezmann stays and the dynamic changes a little.
Original post by jam277
At the moment na but add a top striker, take Filipe Luis back, add a midfielder for the ageing Tiago/Gabi combo, a fast winger and provided Griezmann stays and the dynamic changes a little.

So basically spend £100mil+ net?
Original post by Zerforax
So basically spend £100mil+ net?

Filipe would cost about 15M, no idea on Lacazette, but assume around 25M. For the CM roles they have Koke and Saul anyway so they may not even need it. A winger on the lines of Schurrle etc would be about 20M.
Original post by jam277
Filipe would cost about 15M, no idea on Lacazette, but assume around 25M. For the CM roles they have Koke and Saul anyway so they may not even need it. A winger on the lines of Schurrle etc would be about 20M.

Very few who can take the positions of Villa and Courtois.Also,that deadly partnership between Villa and Costa is irreplaceble.

But,If they can fill the voids,Simeone can take care of the rest and they could make a comeback again.I reckon it'll be expensive,so not really expecting anything.

They might end up selling a few more key players next season for all we know. :colonhash:
Original post by jam277

Losing Koke and Griezmann will be too much for them in my opinion. I think Valencia next season could potentially come third, but that's obviously yet to be determined and really depends on the summer both clubs have.
Original post by economist2
Very few who can take the positions of Villa and Courtois.Also,that deadly partnership between Villa and Costa is irreplaceble.

But,If they can fill the voids,Simeone can take care of the rest and they could make a comeback again.I reckon it'll be expensive,so not really expecting anything.

They might end up selling a few more key players next season for all we know. :colonhash:

Think Villa already has been replaced by Griezmann, who is better anyway.

I think they may sell Griezmann if they don't get the contract situation sorted out.
Original post by Mackay
Losing Koke and Griezmann will be too much for them in my opinion. I think Valencia next season could potentially come third, but that's obviously yet to be determined and really depends on the summer both clubs have.

Don't think they'll lose Koke, but I think they'll lose Griezmann.
Original post by jam277
Don't think they'll lose Koke, but I think they'll lose Griezmann.

All the talk seems to be Koke to Chelsea. You not see it happening? Griezmann is sure to go, yeah. Valencia will be a really impressive outfit if they either a) replace Negredo with somebody altogether more clinical or, b) turn Negredo back into a fearsome striker, and keep their goalkeeper.
Original post by Mackay
All the talk seems to be Koke to Chelsea. You not see it happening? Griezmann is sure to go, yeah. Valencia will be a really impressive outfit if they either a) replace Negredo with somebody altogether more clinical or, b) turn Negredo back into a fearsome striker, and keep their goalkeeper.

Paco Alcacer is a good striker, Negredo is a decent enough backup for them, the two working in tandem would be great I guess.

I don't see Koke to Chelsea, although it's a possibility in the case that we sell Ramires/Mikel.
Original post by jam277
Paco Alcacer is a good striker, Negredo is a decent enough backup for them, the two working in tandem would be great I guess.

I don't see Koke to Chelsea, although it's a possibility in the case that we sell Ramires/Mikel.

Negredo was incredibly wasteful yesterday, though. Unsure whether it was the pressure of the Bernabeu, but he could have seen Valencia comfortably out of sight. He could have had a hattrick, in truth.
Original post by jam277
Think Villa already has been replaced by Griezmann, who is better anyway.

I think they may sell Griezmann if they don't get the contract situation sorted out.

I was thinking more on the lines of the partnership Villa-Costa had.And,I would'nt dismiss Villa like that.He was one off the key players for Simeone last season.
Dreadful descent for Eibar. After staying clear of the relegation zone for so long this season, they've FINALLY crumbled and are now in the bottom three! Worst time possible to be sucked into the relegation zone.
Original post by economist2
I was thinking more on the lines of the partnership Villa-Costa had.And,I would'nt dismiss Villa like that.He was one off the key players for Simeone last season.

Na I'm just saying that current Griezmann is a better player than Villa was for them last season.

The real problem is that Mandzukic doesn't touch costa at all as a football player.
Anybody else think Ronaldo might be away this season?
Doubt it, more likely Bale could be leaving. But I doubt they want to make such a poor return on their investment so will give him another season.
At least Bale kept trying. I feel for him. The knives are out and the fans want him to be offloaded, but he kept plugging away and I'm sure he can turn it around. It's just whether the presence of Ronaldo and the toxic environment that surrounds his perceived failures at the minute drives him out. He did himself no favours last night, but no attacking player in Madrid colours performed well.
Bale and Ronaldo won't leave this this season...

Today decision will made whether last 2 league games are suspended or not

Really hope for Barca it is not and they get the league over and done with it....either this weekend or the next.
Definitely Bye Bye Ancelotti and POSSIBLY Bale but think he'll get another year.

He did better last night but still seems short of confidence and seems hesitant to play his normal game in light of the criticism he's got. Beckham at Real was hardly a brilliant player from a creative point of view (in terms of skills and trickery but delivered, as usual on set pieces etc) but he worked hard which won him many plaudits. Bale's game doesn't seem to be that but at least IF he did that, it might get fans on his side more but again, it's not in his game and he might see that by doing it, it comes across unsincere.

Latest