The Student Room Group

Deciding A-Level Courses

I am currently deciding to study Computer Science, Business Studies and Accountancy.

Do you think this is a good mix and good you give me ideas for another A-Level I could study?
Reply 1
Maths would be a good combination with accounting if you enjoy it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
You should never study an A-Level just because someone recommends it to you, you should study what you enjoy doing.
Bull****, I hated GCSE physics and now I'm thinking of doing it at degree level

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Isis_on_the_cake
Bull****, I hated GCSE physics and now I'm thinking of doing it at degree level

Posted from TSR Mobile

How does that refute my post?
Reply 5
Original post by Async
You should never study an A-Level just because someone recommends it to you, you should study what you enjoy doing.

I was going to do a BTEC Level 3 in Software Development. However, the school I am currently at ruined that option for me by not having more then one computer science teacher and I now am not as interested as I first was so I thought it may help if I do A-Levels because if I don't like Computer Science A-Level then I can do an AS instead
Reply 6
Original post by r-t
Maths would be a good combination with accounting if you enjoy it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

OK I'll consider it thank you
Reply 7
Original post by ASC10
OK I'll consider it thank you

Alright, apparently it is quite hard though from what I have heard but a rewarding subject.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by r-t
Alright, apparently it is quite hard though from what I have heard but a rewarding subject.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah at Secondary School I had the opportunity to do Additional Maths which is a mixture of GCSE and A-level Maths and I couldn't complete it because I found it difficult and had more important subjects to study
Reply 9
Original post by ASC10
Yeah at Secondary School I had the opportunity to do Additional Maths which is a mixture of GCSE and A-level Maths and I couldn't complete it because I found it difficult and had more important subjects to study

Oh it may be a bit risky studying it at a-level then. Perhaps psychology instead. I done it and got an A and its quite rewarding. I also done business studies but psychology was easier but it depends on your exam board and personal preference.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by r-t
Oh it may be a bit risky studying it at a-level then. Perhaps psychology instead. I done it and got an A and its quite rewarding. I also done business studies but psychology was easier but it depends on your exam board and personal preference.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah OK I may have a deeper look into that thank you
Reply 11
Original post by ASC10
I was going to do a BTEC Level 3 in Software Development. However, the school I am currently at ruined that option for me by not having more then one computer science teacher and I now am not as interested as I first was so I thought it may help if I do A-Levels because if I don't like Computer Science A-Level then I can do an AS instead

The BTEC is great and if you want to study something IT or Computer Science related at uni then I think its a good option however if you arent sure then got for various different A levels which will open up different doors for you
Reply 12
Original post by yt7777
The BTEC is great and if you want to study something IT or Computer Science related at uni then I think its a good option however if you arent sure then got for various different A levels which will open up different doors for you

Yeah that's why I will probably apply for both and then think about it some more
Reply 13
Original post by ASC10
Yeah that's why I will probably apply for both and then think about it some more

Fair enough, good idea

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending