The Student Room Group

OCR History AS level- The Crusades

Hi, I thought it would be a good idea to create a thread solely for people doing this sub-topic within the oCR History course. I have also created one for anyone doing 'The Normans in England'.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EilidhHide

Hi, I thought it would be a good idea to create a thread solely for people doing this sub-topic within the oCR History course. I have also created one for anyone doing 'The Normans in England'.

Heya, I'm going to put this in the History forum for you as you should get more responses there.:h:You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you!http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Are you doing the crusades paper on Wednesday 20th may 2015? And Normans this Wednesday as the sources paper?? Do you have any predictions of key issues for the crusades paper x
Reply 3
Original post by Hollie2338
Are you doing the crusades paper on Wednesday 20th may 2015? And Normans this Wednesday as the sources paper?? Do you have any predictions of key issues for the crusades paper x

Hi, yeah I am, I reckon crusader states will come up, but am not sure- do you know what came up for the Normans last year?
Hi, yeah I am, I reckon crusader states will come up, but am not sure- do you know what came up for the Normans last year?

I think second crusade might come up as that hasn't in ages. I hope key issue 6 doesn't the Muslim reaction as we haven't been taught that. And yeah it was to do with how successful were William I and William Ii in controlling both Normandy and England xx I did the mock last week it was okay. I just think the best thing to do is remember the provenance of each possible source like William of Poitiers and his context. Etc
Reply 5
I think second crusade might come up as that hasn't in ages. I hope key issue 6 doesn't the Muslim reaction as we haven't been taught that. And yeah it was to do with how successful were William I and William Ii in controlling both Normandy and England xx I did the mock last week it was okay. I just think the best thing to do is remember the provenance of each possible source like William of Poitiers and his context. Etc

Yeah sorry I meant 2nd crusade (my brain is frazzled), I haven't been taught the Muslim one either but It hasn't ever come up in a question I don't think? Okay so the Normans probably won't be on Government etc.? I reckon it could be on Church (hasn't come up since May 2012)
(edited 8 years ago)
OMG OCR HISTORY DOES THE CRUSADES?!!! WHY DIDNT I DO ALEVEL HISTORY!!!!

But seriously, Battle of Accra and Hattin...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah sorry I meant 2nd crusade (my brain is frazzled), I haven't been taught the Muslim one either but It hasn't ever come up in a question I don't think? Okay so the Normans probably won't be on Government etc.? I reckon it could be on Church (hasn't come up since May 2012)

I hope its on church and we get henry on Huntingdon we need William of Poitiers too he's so good to assess and discriminate against. The question on Muslim reaction has only come up twice so eek :frown:
Reply 8
Fingers crossed for crusades- at least we have the weekend to forget about normans and concentrate on crusades- ahhh I hate Church questions! If you have any revision tips/notes ANYTHING I would be so grateful- I can't remember anything! I reckon we might get H of H :smile: I think I'm going to check out what questions have come up in the past and make a list- so I'll put it on here
Fingers crossed for crusades- at least we have the weekend to forget about normans and concentrate on crusades- ahhh I hate Church questions! If you have any revision tips/notes ANYTHING I would be so grateful- I can't remember anything! I reckon we might get H of H :smile: I think I'm going to check out what questions have come up in the past and make a list- so I'll put it on here

Yeah sure I'll send you my structure sheets we got given later on :smile: xx
Reply 10
Yeah sure I'll send you my structure sheets we got given later on :smile: xx

Thanks so much- You are a life saver- if you need any help with anything else just ask :smile:
Thanks so much- You are a life saver- if you need any help with anything else just ask :smile:

It's not letting me attach multiple photos so I'll post them separately this is on question a structure x
image.jpg

This is part 2 of the question a image.jpg

image.jpg That's part b

image.jpg That's on the test of question b for structure hope it helps you
Reply 15
How did you find it?
How did you find it?

Hey yeah I thought it was okay I didn't think it was as bad as I thought annoyed William of p and henry of h didn't come up
How did you find the Crusades paper?
Original post by SgtStiffler
How did you find the Crusades paper?

I did Normans for sources and do crusades for the two essays next week
I did Normans for sources and do crusades for the two essays next week

Interesting, I did 1 source comparison question and 1 source essay question, both on Crusades.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending