The Student Room Group

Re exam tomorrow... Any tips???

Scroll to see replies

RE is the easiest **** in the entire world, I revised an hour before my exam, barely paid attention in class and just wrote pure absolute bull****, one of the questions I revised actually came up in the real exam, got an A*.
Reply 41
Original post by Dilzo999
RE is the easiest **** in the entire world, I revised an hour before my exam, barely paid attention in class and just wrote pure absolute bull****, one of the questions I revised actually came up in the real exam, got an A*.

Really?! Wow!!
I didn't revise re or even listen in class, in the exam I just said my opinion or an opinion which was easy to argue for and against sides and then had a rant about people who use religion as an excuse to be homophobic and I got an A* so I don't think you need to worry so much :smile:
Original post by Dilzo999

I did pretty much the same thing only I didn't even revise at all, never even bought a revision guide. I think re is just common sense.
Original post by Ash Kay
What do you mean by counter your opinion?

Like say u say:

Many Christians accept both scientific evidence and the bible... (After point made) however, some Christians only believe what the bible says

Could u write something like that in the exam for c style question?
Reply 45
Original post by Diligence
Hi,

Anyone on here doing the Edexcel R.S exam tomorrow?
If so, can you please explain how you structure the 8 marker and 6 marker?

Thanks

HI! I'm doing edexcel tomorrow, eekkk. 8 markers are usually four slightly explained reasons (that's the easy way anyway), you can also do two well explained reasons or one fully developed comprehensive reason (which is almost impossible to gain full marks on)
As for the six marks, it's a simple three arguments for and three arguments against for the statement (I also add in some explanation just to be on the safe side!)
Just out of interest, which topics are you doing?
Also, good luck!
I haven't done a timed past paper. How have you found the timing, would you see it's an issue and would you say it's better to dive in or plan the responses?

15 mins a-d and 15 minutes on e question.
How do you structure the 8 markers?

4 clear but brief paragraphs on the question, firstly the point, then some evidence and then the final sent ace in your opinion and. how it females to the questions

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tommy1499
4 clear but brief paragraphs on the question, firstly the point, then some evidence and then the final sent ace in your opinion and. how it females to the questions

Posted from TSR Mobile

relates , didn't mean to put females it was autocorrect

Posted from TSR Mobile
EVERYONE REMEMBER TO ADD A BIBLE QUOTE OR SOME REFERENCE IN THE D QUESTION OR YOU WONT GO PAST 3 out of 6 marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ash Kay
I have my RE exam tomorrow... Unit 2 Christianity.. Any tips?
Revision methods
Analysis of past papers
What's most likely to come up?

Pray
Make sure you relax but keep an eye on your timings because R.E has tight timings. You should go over how to structure your answers such as the 8 markers and remember to add examples and quotes as well.
i'm sure you'll be fine, i'm also doing the R.E exam tomorrow
Good luck!!! :smile: x
Original post by Ash Kay
I have my RE exam tomorrow... Unit 2 Christianity.. Any tips?
Revision methods
Analysis of past papers
What's most likely to come up?

Is this AQA? I got an A in this last year but should have had an A*. It was my fault for not focusing on Mark's gospel enough, believing I knew the stories well because I am a Christian. Learning from my mistakes from last year, make sure you know the biblical scriptures in the terms of having an idea of the main points as I remember them asking us to recall the stories. An example is the calming of the storm, make mind maps and summaries of the stories to have the key areas as these key areas are where they will tick off to show you have marks. I can't remember if it was 6 marks or 8 marks but those comparing essay at the end, plan. I didn't plan ever but used to always get full marks which is what made me feel confident entering the exams but went blank due to nerves. Planning helps getting your mind straight, it also helps with calming down as you're linking. Spend at least 5 minutes doing so and time yourself.
My friends all had digital watches in these exams and didn't struggle like I did trying to see the time at the clock in the front while I was at the middle. I eventually got a digital watch and apparently in the ethics exam got full marks lol. But that area is easy, good luck!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 53
Original post by Tommy1499
EVERYONE REMEMBER TO ADD A BIBLE QUOTE OR SOME REFERENCE IN THE D QUESTION OR YOU WONT GO PAST 3 out of 6 marks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you need this in both sections?
Reply 54
Thanks. Good luck to you to! Which unit are you doing tomorrow?
Original post by brownie33
Make sure you relax but keep an eye on your timings because R.E has tight timings. You should go over how to structure your answers such as the 8 markers and remember to add examples and quotes as well.
i'm sure you'll be fine, i'm also doing the R.E exam tomorrow
Good luck!!! :smile: x
which board is your chemistry with ?
Reply 56
Original post by Cherry82
Is this AQA? I got an A in this last year but should have had an A*. It was my fault for not focusing on Mark's gospel enough, believing I knew the stories well because I am a Christian. Learning from my mistakes from last year, make sure you know the biblical scriptures in the terms of having an idea of the main points as I remember them asking us to recall the stories. An example is the calming of the storm, make mind maps and summaries of the stories to have the key areas as these key areas are where they will tick off to show you have marks. I can't remember if it was 6 marks or 8 marks but those comparing essay at the end, plan. I didn't plan ever but used to always get full marks which is what made me feel confident entering the exams but went blank due to nerves. Planning helps getting your mind straight, it also helps with calming down as you're linking. Spend at least 5 minutes doing so and time yourself.
My friends all had digital watches in these exams and didn't struggle like I did trying to see the time at the clock in the front while I was at the middle. I eventually got a digital watch and apparently in the ethics exam got full marks lol. But that area is easy, good luck!

Aww. I'm doing edexcel but its all pretty much the same. Thanks for the tips!! I'll make sure I learn some biblical quotes to back up my points
Reply 57
Original post by TheTruthTeller
which board is your chemistry with ?

Edexcel. All of my GCSE's are with edexcel. What about you?
Reply 58
Original post by Magnus Taylor
Pray

🙏🙏🙏
Reply 59
Original post by Uravgboss
Like say u say:

Many Christians accept both scientific evidence and the bible... (After point made) however, some Christians only believe what the bible says

Could u write something like that in the exam for c style question?

I don't see why not. You are just stating what different Christians believe... as long as your answer has a logical reason and explanation and maybe an example or quote... you're good to go.
To be on the safe side, check out the mark scheme for an 8 marker and see what it says.
I'm sure you can present both sides of the argument. It's better to stay neutral and say something like "some people believe......................whereas other people think............" unless the question asks for your opinion. Then you would say "In my opinion.................Some people may disagree with me because............"
Hope this helps!
Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest