The Student Room Group

Re exam tomorrow... Any tips???

Scroll to see replies

Lets all make a quotes bank or something ??
Reply 61
Original post by Cinna21
Lets all make a quotes bank or something ??

Quotes bank as in quotes from the Bible for the exam or quotes in general?
I'm doing unit 1 tomorrow and then unit 8 on wednesday. How is your revision going?
Hey guys I just did a past paper on UNIT1 RE. Is there really a point in me marking it? I know the structure well and did it with 22mins left.

I just revise what i found difficult eg. Media in Religion where they asked me for examples and I didnt know any :frown:.

Anyways past papers have made me more worried :biggrin:
Original post by Cherx
Do you need this in both sections?

no just 1 quote in the whole of the D question, we've been learning this in and out the whole year and it says in every mark scheme, do not award over 3 marks if there is not a reference to scripture

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by brownie33
I'm doing unit 1 tomorrow and then unit 8 on wednesday. How is your revision going?

is that edexcel unit 1?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 66
Original post by brownie33

Oh right. I'm doing Unit 2 tomorrow and unit 11 on 2nd June. I really need to revise alot I dont feel very confident in any subject!!! Plus I have a geography controlled assessment to do and I have not done it because of my exams.... it's a silent protest inside my head... I dont want to do it and I'm really struggling with it. If you or anyone else can help I would greatly appreciate it!!!
Reply 67
Original post by Tommy1499
no just 1 quote in the whole of the D question, we've been learning this in and out the whole year and it says in every mark scheme, do not award over 3 marks if there is not a reference to scripture

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh in that case wow. My teacher is extremely paranoid then :lol:

In classes when we did these questions she'd make us have a religious teaching in both sections ( agree + disagree)
Reply 68
Original post by superhuman98
hey guys i just did a past paper on unit1 re. Is there really a point in me marking it? I know the structure well and did it with 22mins left.

I just revise what i found difficult eg. Media in religion where they asked me for examples and i didnt know any :frown:.

Anyways past papers have made me more worried :d

omg media and examples is so annoying!!!! I hope the questions are easy in this exam!
Original post by Cherx
Ahh in that case wow. My teacher is extremely paranoid then :lol:

In classes when we did these questions she'd make us have a religious teaching in both sections ( agree + disagree)

yeah you need one in the whole section but if you get 2 in then there is no hard, what are you predicting to get in the exam/ averaging in class?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, has anyone managed to work out/ take a educated guess at what is likely to be on the Unit 1 paper tomorrow? The only thing my teacher has guessed at is that there will be a Religion In Media question because there wasn't any last year
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by GCSEs-2015
Is anyone here doing WJEC religion and life Tomorrow ?

Yup I am X) and am I fully prepared? Hell no! :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
If there is a question about preventing discrimination or racism. Such as "It is Impossible to prevent Racism today" you could just say I agree with this statement because a lot of discrimination and racism goes unnoticed and is mostly online where people remain anonymous, for example a person may be bullied by 'trolls' who verbally attack the person just because they may come from a certain background, this usually goes unnoticed because the 'troll' remains anonymous.
We should probably all discuss possible questions and answers, this is sort of a form or revision.
Remember guys it's unlikely a question will pop up twice.
Original post by Uravgboss
For c style question for rs edexel can you talk about point that counter Ur opinion and still get marks?

It depends on the question. For example,if the question asked you why some Christians accept homosexuality for 8 marks, you would lose marks if you started discussing why some do AND why some don't.
Reply 74
Original post by Tommy1499
yeah you need one in the whole section but if you get 2 in then there is no hard, what are you predicting to get in the exam/ averaging in class?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh I remember her marking me down cause I didn't have a religious teaching in both sections... Well unit tests are pretty much A* cause we get revision time before we do the test so I just cram everything in :lol:

But when doing a whole paper I had got a B in the mock. I think I'm predicted an A not sure tbh.
Original post by teenhorrorstory
It depends on the question. For example,if the question asked you why some Christians accept homosexuality for 8 marks, you would lose marks if you started discussing why some do AND why some don't.

Actually you can.
Reply 76
Original post by Zeetingman
If there is a question about preventing discrimination or racism. Such as "It is Impossible to prevent Racism today" you could just say I agree with this statement because a lot of discrimination and racism goes unnoticed and is mostly online where people remain anonymous, for example a person may be bullied by 'trolls' who verbally attack the person just because they may come from a certain background, this usually goes unnoticed because the 'troll' remains anonymous.
We should probably all discuss possible questions and answers, this is sort of a form or revision.
Remember guys it's unlikely a question will pop up twice.

Yup! We should ask questions and give answers on here. It would be useful. I guess you have done the first question and answered it. I'll do the second one and someone can answer this:
Explain how media portrays Christianity? In your answer you must refer to a programme.
Original post by Ash Kay
Yup! We should ask questions and give answers on here. It would be useful. I guess you have done the first question and answered it. I'll do the second one and someone can answer this:
Explain how media portrays Christianity? In your answer you must refer to a programme.

I would dread to have a question like this. I would run out of points to use.
Yeah it is... I'm really panicking but as long as you know the content hopefully it will be fine :smile:
Maybe you should just relax, the religious studies should be straightforward as long as you just get to know the structures of the answers :smile: and what is the geography controlled assessment about?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending