The Student Room Group

Rich People, do you hate or love your lives?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Reue
That's odd.. 3 weeks ago you were talking about how your parents have no money. What a remarkable turnaround for them.

That was for someone else. :rolleyes:
Reply 41
Original post by cleverasvoltaire
That was for someone else. :rolleyes:

Of course it was :smile:

Tell me then, How you obtained this remarkable GCSE performance:

I got it partially as a result of getting 14 A*s at GCSE

And yet got less than half that. Or were you also talking about someone else then?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Tommy1499
at,East back up your bullshiiit by having an undated account detail, ok you get good GCSE results but your still in A level bud and your not at Harrow so don't try and up your ego by making yourself sound as if your at Harrow, your clever but not that clever

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you wish to insult my intelligence and integrity then please learn how to spell.
Original post by James E Walker
I'm quite satisfied with my family being quite wealthy. I'm planning on entering Investment Banking and hope to continue our lineage. :smile:

Lol.

Tech entrepreneurs are still more wealthy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Reue
Of course it was :smile:

Tell me then, How you obtained this remarkable GCSE performance:

And yet got less than half that. Or were you also talking about someone else then?

I operate this account and ask questions for other people occasionally. A friend, at Harrow, got those results. Either that or I am severely bipolar. Maybe both.
Reply 45
I operate this account and ask questions for other people occasionally. A friend, at Harrow, got those results. Either that or I am severely bipolar. Maybe both.

I suspect your rich and very intelligent friend might be able to ask their own questions. Perhaps you should stop attempting to mislead people about your own success (or lack thereof).
Original post by Reue
I suspect your rich and very intelligent friend might be able to ask their own questions. Perhaps you should stop attempting to mislead people about your own success (or lack thereof).

Based on GCSEs it seems I'm more intelligent. We both go to Harrow and I haven't tried to mislead anyone, but I have done the odd favor for a friend so they don't have to make an account as they would never use it.
My parents are both well paid professionals.
We could probably afford for my Mum not to work but she is very good at what she does and wouldn't have it any other way.

I have a big house, so I do most of the hosting when it comes to social stuff.
I get an allowance and my parents are going to pay off my student loan for me.
So that's reason enough to be happy. I'm not really spoilt I couldn't just ask my parents to buy me a car or a new laptop just like that. Though they could afford it I don't expect much from them, they are savers.

Does any of this make me unhappy?
Ive never had any friend who only hung out with me because I'm 'rich', to my knowledge.

There are times when i do feel guilty about it I have a volunteer job and intend to take up another one after i finish my exams. It's hard to hear of friends really struggling to save for uni, when I know I'm sorted.

Me and my family hold quite left wing views. We don't have a problem with being taxed, the new tory Government wants to give us a load of tax breaks which we don't need and didn't ask for - whilst cutting help for the poorest. I'm fuming about that.
love it
Original post by CancerousProblem
my dad earns a decent amount of money, and I felt quite miserable for the past few years living with my family. My dad and mom are always fighting, and talks of divorce are always around the corner, although it hasn't happened yet. I'm constantly told by my dad that he hates my mom and the only reason he hasn't kicked her out of the house is because of me.

My dad always asks me 'tell me why I should support you two pieces of ****' (referring to me and my mom) whenever he gets in a bad mood from work and in the past has went into my room with a hammer and smashed some of my belongings while yelling at me in a fit of anger, and this lasted several hours up until 2 am. I was quite useless in school the next day. To him, anything is 'ok' and justified if you're angry, which he manages to find every little reason to be really angry such as me not eating dinner with him when he gets home from work at 9 o clock at night or siding with my mother in an argument.

When he gets happy about something, he often goes overboard with it though but doesn't really know what to do about it. Like when I got a scholarship for some competition, he just gave me a big chunk of money, more than any parent would realistically give their child. He then would proceed to tell every single one of his friends about it and would not stop talking about it even years later.

Even though I did have a good education and I did come from a reasonably wealthy family, I wasn't happy and I lived in perpetual fear that I would lose it all. I am much happies now my father thought boarding school was a good idea, and subsequently I can avoid my family for the most part except for a couple of holidays a year.

Wow that is really depressing.
Original post by Reue
That's odd.. 3 weeks ago you were talking about how your parents have no money. What a remarkable turnaround for them.

:lol:

Original post by Reue

Busted!
Original post by whenthecatcalls
Oh nice!. Well I am studying law at university this year, super excited :biggrin: but I am not sure what type of lawyer I am going to become. Leaning towards criminal law though. Anyway you must be proud of your dad!.

I hope there are still jobs in criminal law when you graduate...
So I lived on a council estate, born and raised somewhere in London. It was pretty great there actually, kicking back with some friends at the local park quite often, playing football occasionally...until the other year when a couple of guys who recently started making trouble in my living area came up to me and my friends. I got into a very small fight and now then my mum became concerned. She's sent me off to live with my rich uncle in Cheshire. This is bull**** quite frankly and I really don't want to live with my annoying cousin who is obsessed with Tom Jones. Seriously, he blasts that **** out as his alarm clock every morning.

It is awful.
Original post by TurboCretin
I hope there are still jobs in criminal law when you graduate...

Why wouldn't they be?
Original post by mooo
For me personally having money in the family has meant a lot of financial freedom, doing what I want when I want, which many people couldn't or wouldn't of.

I see money doesn't teach you how to talk/write properly then...

If you're confused, it's 'wouldn't have' not 'wouldn't of'

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheGuyReturns
So I lived on a council estate, born and raised somewhere in London. It was pretty great there actually, kicking back with some friends at the local park quite often, playing football occasionally...until the other year when a couple of guys who recently started making trouble in my living area came up to me and my friends. I got into a very small fight and now then my mum became concerned. She's sent me off to live with my rich uncle in Cheshire. This is bull**** quite frankly and I really don't want to live with my annoying cousin who is obsessed with Tom Jones. Seriously, he blasts that **** out as his alarm clock every morning.

It is awful.

I wouldn't say my family are rich, but we are certainly well off, and It's definitely a blessing. There's no point trying to deny that having money in the family is some sort of burden. Denying it would just be dishonest.

Most of my friends come from the same area/same sort of background, so I can't say that I have experienced what people without financial stability experience on a day-to-day basis.
Original post by whenthecatcalls
Why wouldn't they be?

As I'm sure you're aware, Chris Grayling has gutted legal aid, and the Tories seem to have no intention of stopping that process.

From what I've read from current criminal law practitioners online, it is going to become quite difficult (putting it mildly) to survive in the field.
Original post by TheGuyReturns
x

Although I believe that your life happened as you told, it has a strong similarity to the former TV series 'the fresh prince of Bel-Air'...

Original post by EatAndRevise

My thoughts exactly! this!
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending