The Student Room Group

womens sexist attidtude towards mens height

Scroll to see replies

Men these days are a bunch wimps. What happened to duty and honor, men don't matter women matter. That is all that matters. It isn't women's fault they like taller, fitter, rich men with large penis. You are just annoyed because you though women would have sex with you and they aren't. The genders are different, get over it. Or you could attempt to enforce marriage, but no you don't want to that because it constrains your actions. So your choice.
Reply 21
Original post by xoflower
Boo hoo. Guys get judged on their looks? Well so do girls and its 100x worst. I find it funny when guys complain about being short because these guys still have high standards.

Guys are very vocally picky about having preferences about body shape, weight, height, race, hair colour, eye colour, makeup etcccccc. Guys are more picky.

You are wrong!! Men are not more picky!

An average women can get so many men hitting on her without even using her personality but an average man cannot. He would be lucky if he got off with one woman on a night out.

Women chase the top 10% of men and throw themselves at them. And when they get rejected they get butt hurt, and bitch about men.

You seem very immature and don't understand the real dynamics of men and women
What counts as short? I'm 5ft 10 but still think I'm too short as all of my mates are taller than me
Reply 23
Original post by william walker
Men these days are a bunch wimps. What happened to duty and honor, men don't matter women matter. That is all that matters. It isn't women's fault they like taller, fitter, rich men with large penis. You are just annoyed because you though women would have sex with you and they aren't. The genders are different, get over it. Or you could attempt to enforce marriage, but no you don't want to that because it constrains your actions. So your choice.

You must have a low I.Q that you missed the context of the post.
I am talking about double standards of preference, men have preference too, but this is viewed as sexist....Go and re-read it again. I am done with you.
Original post by mattcar904
You are wrong!! Men are not more picky!

An average women can get so many men hitting on her without even using her personality but an average man cannot. He would be lucky if he got off with one woman on a night out.

Women chase the top 10% of men and throw themselves at them. And when they get rejected they get butt hurt, and bitch about men.

You seem very immature and don't understand the real dynamics of men and women

Okay, then why do men always talk about womens looks and how they prefer certain features over othes?
No one wants the runt of the litter.
Original post by mattcar904

You must have a low I.Q that you missed the context of the post.
I am talking about double standards of preference, men have preference too, but this is viewed as sexist....Go and re-read it again. I am done with you.

My point is men and women are different. They treat each other differently. What do you expect?
Original post by Quantex
No one wants the runt of the litter.

Some people do. They are cute.
Reply 28
Original post by xoflower
Okay, then why do men always talk about womens looks and how they prefer certain features over othes?

What point don't you understand? Both men and women talk about it....you think women say to each other " oh, I don't mind if his short, poor, old, fat, no hair,"???

Go learn to read, my post is the double standard crying sexism when men have their own preference

I am down with you.
Reply 29
I don't think there is any problem with either sex having preferences. The way I view it is that somewhere there will be someone who find me attractive and I hold nothing against those who don't.
Reply 30
!!!preferences!!!
This is called the concept of hypergamy (and to some extent, the concept of the 'rationalisation hamster') which I was banned for discussing it at length with the youngsters of TSR.

Here is my full analysis on the subject:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3313197&page=3

I'm fully in agreement with you. My only advice would be that for every time you discuss this and 'call women out', your SMV lowers slightly more because you break frame. After a certain point, it's interpreted as a cry for pity from the position of a low-status male.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Oraeng
I don't think there is any problem with either sex having preferences. The way I view it is that somewhere there will be someone who find me attractive and I hold nothing against those who don't.

I take the same view.
I completely see what you're saying and I agree this society is messed up and unfair. Pressure on men is an issue in our society and they can't really do anything about it. If a girl is too short, she can wear heels. If her boobs aren't big enough, she can get a push bra, if she doesn't like her hair, she can dye it and style it how she wants. If she wants better eyes, she can get contacts and so on. Women can do so much to fit mens 'ideals'. Whereas on the otherhand men can't and if they do they are viewed as overly feminine or sensitive.

You have every right to have a type, so long as this type is only used as a guideline or point of interest. I don't think men or women should completely devote themselves to one type of person. Looks aren't everything at the end of the day and although attraction is important it isn't what makes a relationship work.

I have had a fair few crushes in my life and they are all very varied in weight, height, hair colour etc. This society honestly does suck and I hope you find somebody who isn't poisoned by it and it's expectations and accepts you for you are :smile:
Lol, things like this are the reason I don't call myself a feminist anymore.
If me and some mates are in town and there's a good looking guy on the cashier or something, nobody hears the end of it, but if it was the other way around it would be objectifying? Remember Alex from Target, he got famous after having a decent pic of him taken at work. If that was a girl, it would probably be on the news for sexism :tongue:
Original post by riamila
Lol, things like this are the reason I don't call myself a feminist anymore.
If me and some mates are in town and there's a good looking guy on the cashier or something, nobody hears the end of it, but if it was the other way around it would be objectifying? Remember Alex from Target, he got famous after having a decent pic of him taken at work. If that was a girl, it would probably be on the news for sexism :tongue:

omg do you have Alex from Target's number?! aaahhhhhh :dance:
You're not expendable because you're short, you're expendable because you're insecure and whiny.

"Men's suffering" because some women don't like short men, christ.
Original post by Meyrin
You're not expendable because you're short, you're expendable because you're insecure and whiny.

"Men's suffering" because some women don't like short men, christ.

long time no see Meyrin :tongue:

https://exposingfeminism.wordpress.com/shaming-tactics/ #codeblue
Reply 38
'Those who mind do not matter, and those who matter don't mind.'

I think tbh it's unfair on both sexes. We both struggle. Recently, I've noticed the pressure on guys has worsened though, which isn't nice at all, and real feminists don't believe in this 'let's bash everyone just because we can #wehatethepatriarchy' thing.

Obviously people have their preferences, but I'd never write someone off based on their height. What you are actually like as a person determines whether I will find you attractive or not.
Reply 39
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
This is called the concept of hypergamy (and to some extent, the concept of the 'rationalisation hamster') which I was banned for discussing it at length with the youngsters of TSR.

Here is my full analysis on the subject:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3313197&page=3

I'm fully in agreement with you. My only advice would be that for every time you discuss this and 'call women out', your SMV lowers slightly more because you break frame. After a certain point, it's interpreted as a cry for pity from the position of a low-status male.

Yes you are right, when a man exposes double standards people say "man up" and call you weak. This is the mind set that lets women gain special privilege over men. Women can play both the "strong woman" and the "damsel in distress" when it suits her to get an advantage.

I wish people were more educated about female nature.

Quick Reply

Latest