The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Tolerance and unity for all muslims - shia or sunni

In the name of God
We are a group living in a Sunni neighborhood. The Sunnis accuse us of heresy and believe that the Shi’a are unbelievers. Can we retaliate against them by regarding them as unbelievers and treating them as such? We beg to know about our religious duty with regard to such assaults.
Signature
A group of believers

This is the reply made by Grand Ayatollah Vahid khorasani
In the name of God , the most gracious ,the most merciful.

Anyone bearing testimony to the unity of the exalted God and the prophet hood of the seal of the prophets(peace be upon him and his holy descendants) is a Muslim and his life, honor and property is as valuable as the life ,honor, and property of a follower of ja’fari sect. You are religiously obliged to treat with respect a person who has professed his faith in God and the Holy Prophet even if he regards you as an unbeliever

Despite their unjust behavior ,do not deviate from the right path of justice; if they get sick ,pay them a visit; if one of them dies ,attend his funeral ;if he makes a request, grant his request ,and submit to the will of God who said:
“and let not the hatred of others to you make you swerve to wrong and depart from justice.be just; that is next to piety.”
Ayatullah Sistani

Question No. 100644
The subject of the question: Insulting the companions and wives of the prophet (s.a.w.a.)
---------------------------------------------
The Question:

as-Salamu Alykum wa rahmatu Allah wa barakatuhu,
A video clip has been seen several times on social network web sites showing a congregation during the martyrdom of al-Imam al-Jawad (a.s.). This group of people from the area known as al-A'dhamiyyah are shown shouting out insults upon 'Omar, A’isha, and others. Is this type of behavior condemned by the supreme religious authority, especially since it involves the insult of religious figures of our brothers of the Sunni school of thought, and it could potentially fuel unrest amongst the people of Iraq and jeopardize peace?

The Answer:
In The Name of Allah, The Beneficent, The Merciful
This type of behavior is condemned, strongly denounced and contrary to the commands of the Imams of the Holy Household of the Prophet (s.a.w.a.) to their followers. Allah is The Guide.

Ayatollah Muhammad Hussein Fadlallah on Cursing the Companions of the Prophet
The Religious Authority, Sayyed Muhammad Hussein Fadlullah : We forbid cursing, slandering, and abusing the mothers of believers and deem such acts as contradicting with the genuine Islamic line
The opinions and Fatwas of His Eminence, the Religious Authority, Sayyed Muhammad Hussein Fadlullah , have always constituted a unifying Islamic stand which always confirmed that Muslims should be aware of the danger of inciting and fueling seditions and sectarian sensitivities that would only rip their reality apart and serve the schemes and projects of the nation’s enemies.Therefore, His Eminence forbade cursing and slandering the mothers of believers and the companions, considering that such acts contradict with the course of the Commander of the Faithful (a.s.) which necessitates giving priority to the supreme Islamic interest over any personal or secondary interests.
Original post by Tawheed
Ayatullah Sistani

Question No. 100644
The subject of the question: Insulting the companions and wives of the prophet (s.a.w.a.)
---------------------------------------------
The Question:

as-Salamu Alykum wa rahmatu Allah wa barakatuhu,
A video clip has been seen several times on social network web sites showing a congregation during the martyrdom of al-Imam al-Jawad (a.s.). This group of people from the area known as al-A'dhamiyyah are shown shouting out insults upon 'Omar, A’isha, and others. Is this type of behavior condemned by the supreme religious authority, especially since it involves the insult of religious figures of our brothers of the Sunni school of thought, and it could potentially fuel unrest amongst the people of Iraq and jeopardize peace?

The Answer:
In The Name of Allah, The Beneficent, The Merciful
This type of behavior is condemned, strongly denounced and contrary to the commands of the Imams of the Holy Household of the Prophet (s.a.w.a.) to their followers. Allah is The Guide.

Ayatollah Muhammad Hussein Fadlallah on Cursing the Companions of the Prophet
The Religious Authority, Sayyed Muhammad Hussein Fadlullah : We forbid cursing, slandering, and abusing the mothers of believers and deem such acts as contradicting with the genuine Islamic line
The opinions and Fatwas of His Eminence, the Religious Authority, Sayyed Muhammad Hussein Fadlullah , have always constituted a unifying Islamic stand which always confirmed that Muslims should be aware of the danger of inciting and fueling seditions and sectarian sensitivities that would only rip their reality apart and serve the schemes and projects of the nation’s enemies.Therefore, His Eminence forbade cursing and slandering the mothers of believers and the companions, considering that such acts contradict with the course of the Commander of the Faithful (a.s.) which necessitates giving priority to the supreme Islamic interest over any personal or secondary interests.

Interestingly enough, most the Shia I talk to reject this guy as a liberal lol
Also, take aqeedah debates to PMs.

Stop scaring poor kids away!
Original post by Tawheed
I am pretty pleased with your response dear brother. Am i correct in understanding you do not believe Allah swt is above the throne currently, does not descend, and does not -like Bukhari states- change states, and has no shin/face/hands/ and does not put his foot into hell etc?

As you have affirmed, Allah swt is without a 'where', and if you correctly hold this belief, it is improper to then say he is 'above' the throne, because you give him direction, a limited position - something limited to his creation.

I did know there were divisions among the ahlul sunnah about these issues, and i'm glad you're on the more moderate side.

It was a genuine pleasure to read those words by distinguished scholars of the ahlul-sunnah, if i am correct in everything i have assumed in this post, then may Allah swt bless you for clearing things up. If i am not, i thank you for the respectful way inwhich you have engaged in dialouge.

I also regard myself as lay, but i have already confirmed with what our ulema teach and what hadiths state, and of the importance of not reflecting on Allah swts essence - rather ensuring we do not label literalistic qualities to him.

I would prefer not to be ascribed with such labels, in all honesty, simply for the reason that they are ascribed rather differently in present day. A 'moderate Muslim', whilst being nothing wrong in and of itself, tends to be the label of someone that compromises Islam for modernism. Of course, I understand that to suggest this was not your intention, I'm just voicing my personal opinion :smile:

Wrt being above the 'arsh, I affirm what Allah ta'ala has declared of Himself and what His Messenger has told us. This is not necessarily accompanied by limiting the Almighty to a fixed dimension or position.

Please read the link I gave in my last post. It will, no doubt, clarify a lot for you. I would rather you read that than the words of a mere lay person such as myself, especially in such a matter.

Original post by BannedForLife.
Brother Ash can we start voting now? lol

For the making of the next thread? I think 'tis too soon.
[video="youtube;XwX_6hQMb-8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwX_6hQMb-8[/video]
One of my favourites..

[video="youtube;F_ANbmBJ9WY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_ANbmBJ9WY[/video]
Original post by ash92:)
Assalaamu 'alaykum wa rahmatullah

Nope. Cuz Conservatives.

I find the method that works with me for memorising is to:

1. keep reciting a small portion, whilst looking carefully at each letter
2. recite the portion from memory, until you can easily do 10 times without error.
3. take a break of a good few mins, eg. 15 mins.
4. See if you can repeat (2)
5. memorise the next little portion, as in (1)
6. repeat (2)
7. See if you can recite both portions together, from memory, as in (2)
8. Continue.

:h:

Walaykum asalaam wa rahmatullah

Lol

JazakAllahu Khayran for this :smile:
May Allah reward you
[video="youtube;tcJ6uy9w4yw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcJ6uy9w4yw[/video]

More people should watch this!

The third reason is so true. I remember crying with frustation when my questions were being pushed aside. Luckily there are thoughtful brothers and sisters in this world :h:

Original post by Untitled.
Asalamu alaykum.

A must watch documentary (if you have the time) on Islam in prisons. It's nothing short of tear-jerking. Brothers who went to prison for murder (before having embraced Islam) end up becoming great people. They're taught Qur'an / Arabic / Fiqh in the prisons and I ask Allah increase them in ilm and taqwa.

Watched nearly half of it - really interesting. Jazakallahu khairan :yy:

Also, I learnt something new - TSR doesn't allow 2 vids to be quoted in a post. Ohhkay TSR :rolleyes:
Jazakumullahu khairan for the posts and the videos :biggrin:
MashaAllah, really entertaining video :smile:

[video="youtube_share;lhF8iDJIM_M"]http://youtu.be/lhF8iDJIM_M[/video]
Intentions matter.

[video="youtube;oDu2dHEJI8Y"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDu2dHEJI8Y[/video]
Original post by Ibn Fulaan
Ideas 4 life hasn't ever even seen my face and i think he is older than me.

The noor masks your face on our meetups. Much brightness.

Yes I'm older :yes:
The Believers and The Rebellious are Not Equal

[video="youtube_share;Ky1MwH2gx2o"]http://youtu.be/Ky1MwH2gx2o[/video]
Original post by IdeasForLife
Yes I'm older :yes:

whaaa?! lol subhanaka rabbi kaifa khalaqtahum... b flan seems like hes 50 an you seem like your 15 lol
Original post by UnsahihDatHadith
whaaa?! lol subhanaka rabbi kaifa khalaqtahum... b flan seems like hes 50 an you seem like your 15 lol

Lol why are you pretending to be Muslim? :lolwut:

Fulaans a mature guy and I'm not so mature :sadnod:

Now within this discussion there are the matters of tashbih, ta'weel and tafweed. It must be known that we do not go around making takfeer of groups of people, nor trying to make them err.

Loving this response/quotes! :proud: MashaAllah,

Especially this:

Imam Abu Hanifa (Allah be pleased with him) also states in his Al-Fiqh al-Absat, “If it is asked, ‘Where is Allah?’ It will be said to him that Allah Most High existed when there was no place, before creating the creation. And Allah Most High existed when there was no ‘where’, no creation, nothing; and He is the Creator of everything.” (Al-Fiqh al-Absat, P: 21)
Original post by UnsahihDatHadith

You seem like you are 5 :biggrin:
Interesting how the hypocrites get the deepest place in hell.

Sahih International

Indeed, the hypocrites will be in the lowest depths of the Fire - and never will you find for them a helper -

4:145
Original post by HSafirah
More people should watch this!
The third reason is so true. I remember crying with frustation when my questions were being pushed aside. Luckily there are thoughtful brothers and sisters in this world :h:

Also, I learnt something new - TSR doesn't allow 2 vids to be quoted in a post. Ohhkay TSR :rolleyes:

Alhamdulillah.
yup. Perhaps it is to avoid the spam-like posts that go along the lines of "Do you want a debate? Yes? Refute the following 10 vids!"

Original post by ImNotMe
You seem like you are 5 :biggrin:

SubhaanAllah. It is not a statement to be taken or given lightly. I guess I feel 'like I am 5' when I realise how much of Islam, or even just the Quran, there remains to be studied. The study of Islam is as if a man where to depart from the shore in his boat and travel towards the horizon. He would think that at the horizon, he will arrive at his destination, at the next shore. But as he gets nearer to the point which he saw at the horizon, he only realises that there was no shore - rather there remains much distance to be covered to another similar point at the horizon, which may well be but a step in his journey.

Latest

Trending

Trending