The Student Room Group

This guy is super confusing

Scroll to see replies

If you do tell him you're a virgin it could make him stick around because he thinks he is going to be your first. Its always going to be your choice and if you've got doubt that he is only hanging around for sex then telling him you're a virgin wont help, imho.
Original post by Anonymous
Okay so basically I met this guy a few months ago and we've been on like 3 proper dates but we we like text, snapchat, fb, etc all the time and recently, he keeps mentioning sex like every time we talk he's like oh do you wanna come over and have sex. This lead me to believe that basically he was just a ****boy but a few weeks ago he found out that I had gone on 2 dates and all of a sudden he gets all protective and says he doesn't want me to see other guys (but we aren't even dating exclusively?) and he keeps going I love you you're great blah blah blah

Basically i don't know whether he basically just wants one thing or whether he wants to be in a relationship :/

Also, he's kinda assumed that I've had sex but I'm a virgin (Im 18) and yeah I don't know how to bring this up...

is he in the Btec crew? does he have a 'fusey' haircut? does he wear tracksuits a lot. If so, you have found a societal degenerate! Those of such calibre deserve to be placed in concentration camps and I praise the lord our Tory masters will punish their low income scum famillies
Original post by Malvokovski
is he in the Btec crew? does he have a 'fusey' haircut? does he wear tracksuits a lot. If so, you have found a societal degenerate! Those of such calibre deserve to be placed in concentration camps and I praise the lord our Tory masters will punish their low income scum famillies

Unfortunately not he's going to Cambridge and dresses pretty smart all the time haha
Unfortunately not he's going to Cambridge and dresses pretty smart all the time haha

surprising!
Original post by Popeye89
If you do tell him you're a virgin it could make him stick around because he thinks he is going to be your first. Its always going to be your choice and if you've got doubt that he is only hanging around for sex then telling him you're a virgin wont help, imho.

Wouldn't the whole virginity thing make him less likely to pursue it? I would imagine the whole virginity thing would make him think that I'm going to be clingy and er well won't enjoy it the first few times
Personally, I'm just putting it out there, but maybe he want's to be exclusive with you, which would deffo explain why he wasn't best pleased about you going on some other dates. He may have started offering sex, as a means to keep you, because whilst me and others on here know you're a virgin after you told us, he may not, and so thought if he can satisfy you, you won't go to others. Sounds weird, but true enough. I know for one that if I thought the girl I've been into for ages would be in a relationship with me, if I offered to screw her, I'd be offering from now till kingdom come, even though I'm a virgin (18, and happily waiting for the right girl to lose it to). So maybe just speak to him about what he wants from you, because heck for all he knows, you're going on dates with others because he's not giving you any D.

I get what you mean about the whole exclusivity thing which has completely made me confused again oh no
Reply 26

BTEC crew?

I took a BTEC in Computing and I'm now at a good university like a lot of other people from my course, people on my course at college weren't like this...
Original post by yt7777
BTEC crew?

I took a BTEC in Computing and I'm now at a good university like a lot of other people from my course, people on my course at college weren't like this...

Computing is good, I meant sport. Obviously it takes a degree of intellect to do computing, and for that I commend you.
Reply 28
Computing is good, I meant sport. Obviously it takes a degree of intellect to do computing, and for that I commend you.

ah right i didnt see you meant sport, thanks
Okay so basically I met this guy a few months ago and we've been on like 3 proper dates but we we like text, snapchat, fb, etc all the time and recently, he keeps mentioning sex like every time we talk he's like oh do you wanna come over and have sex. This lead me to believe that basically he was just a ****boy but a few weeks ago he found out that I had gone on 2 dates and all of a sudden he gets all protective and says he doesn't want me to see other guys (but we aren't even dating exclusively?) and he keeps going I love you you're great blah blah blah

Basically i don't know whether he basically just wants one thing or whether he wants to be in a relationship :/

Also, he's kinda assumed that I've had sex but I'm a virgin (Im 18) and yeah I don't know how to bring this up...

Simplify the situation by ignoring him. He will literally become infatuated with you
He sounds quite controlling
The fact that he has already brought up sex is worrying- I would be concerned about whether he actually wants to be together or whether he is going to do a runner once he has got what he wants
If he thinks you're worth it, he'll wait
BTEC crew? Where did you learn that? Uni? wow they even teach the superiority complex...

To some guys taking a girls virginity is like a badge of honour so might make him pursue you more aggressively.
Cut that manipulating ****boy off immediately, he seems extremely temperamental (huge warning sign) and only in it for sex which doesn't seem to be a mutual thing.
Original post by Magnus Taylor
Simplify the situation by ignoring him. He will literally become infatuated with you

Does this work if you're in a relationship with the guy? Does absence make the heart grow fonder or forget?
Does this work if you're in a relationship with the guy? Does absence make the heart grow fonder or forget?

Don't ignore in a relationship, distance between you will make the heart indeed forget
He is definitely just after sex don't go for him. A real guy talks about women with respect and there is not one hint that he wants to get to bed quickly. When you meet the right one, you will never doubt about his intentions.
Original post by Magnus Taylor
Don't ignore in a relationship, distance between you will make the heart indeed forget

Is space not good for a relationship then?
He sounds quite controlling
The fact that he has already brought up sex is worrying- I would be concerned about whether he actually wants to be together or whether he is going to do a runner once he has got what he wants
If he thinks you're worth it, he'll wait
So should I tell him sex is off the cards for now and see if he waits? Im getting really torn up about what to do :ashamed:
Is space not good for a relationship then?

You need to balance the level of space
It seems he is being quite straightforward, you should hear some of the stuff some girls say to me, trust me that **** is confusing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending