The Student Room Group

Help please? Worried about being placed in temporary accommodation!

I'm looking to stay in halls of residence at Newcastle but I know at a lot of Uni's they put you up somewhere else temporarily before they can place you in your permanent room.

What do I do if this happens to me?

I live quite far away so we're renting a van to bring my things to Uni, and my parents don't exactly have the cash to throw around to just take all my stuff back home then hire it again some other time.

Also during the summer break which is outside of my contract, do I have to bring everything back home with me or does my room remain my own while I'm not there?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Blear
I'm looking to stay in halls of residence at Newcastle but I know at a lot of Uni's they put you up somewhere else temporarily before they can place you in your permanent room.

What do I do if this happens to me?

I live quite far away so we're renting a van to bring my things to Uni, and my parents don't exactly have the cash to throw around to just take all my stuff back home then hire it again some other time.

Also during the summer break which is outside of my contract, do I have to bring everything back home with me or does my room remain my own while I'm not there?

Firstly it's not common to have to live in a temporary room, that only happens when there are significantly more guarenteed applicants than places and even then only happened in a small number of places I think two years ago. The vast majority of students are offered a permanent place.

And once your contract is up yes you have to move your stuff out of your room. You may find your accomodation contract for second year has already started, if not you need to move it either to a storage place or take it home.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending