The Student Room Group

Struggling to remember my notes

My notes are pretty long, but I condensed them down to flashcard format. I read my notes 20 - 30 times, but ask me in a hour what I read, I have no idea. I have virology in 3 days and been suffering this issue. Immunology on the other hand which I wrote about two weeks ago, I still remember the key points now (my brain seems to dominate immunology for some reason O_o)
Original post by mine turtle
My notes are pretty long, but I condensed them down to flashcard format. I read my notes 20 - 30 times, but ask me in a hour what I read, I have no idea. I have virology in 3 days and been suffering this issue. Immunology on the other hand which I wrote about two weeks ago, I still remember the key points now (my brain seems to dominate immunology for some reason O_o)

Write them out again and again

Write them out a few times.

Or compare specific parts to real life situations or contexts. It's what I do. It's kind of funny & weird but useful lol.
Original post by KINGYusuf
Write them out a few times.

Or compare specific parts to real life situations or contexts. It's what I do. It's kind of funny & weird but useful lol.

I have been making analogies to real life/games as I make the notes, like there's one thing I remember, because I called it, in my head, Agent 47
I find saying things out loud helps me remember them a lot more. I'll read over it, then walk away from the notes and describe the key points as if I were teaching them to someone else. It makes me sounds crazy but it has never failed me. I ALWAYS remember the things I've said out loud way more than anything else.
If anyone here has played CoD4. Mile High Club is what I compare final exams to
Unlike Mile High Club, I don't think there's an achievement waiting for me at the end :frown:
Unlike Mile High Club, I don't think there's an achievement waiting for me at the end :frown:

I write out my notes again and again x
I have been making analogies to real life/games as I make the notes, like there's one thing I remember, because I called it, in my head, Agent 47

Haha nice. Like this one example for Chemistry: Aliphatics have no Benzene rings whereas Aromatic compounds do. I remember it by thinking that aliphatic compounds are too fat to wear the ring Lmaooo
Create acronyms

Are you studying contract killing?
Original post by Protégé
Are you studying contract killing?

LOL no. I'm studying for virology in 3 day's time. One of the viruses, herpes (or derpes as I keep calling it), has a protein called Alpha 47 (or ICP 47) which inhibits TAP transporter and tops the creation of MHCI complex and therefore aids immune evasion. Called it agent 47 because of the number
Reply 12
Record yourself :blah:
Normally I wouldn't freak so much, but second year man, second year messed me up. Then again I did learn an entire module in about a day and passed the exam, but for some reason, my brain's save function has broken
In the space of two weeks I have to make detailed notes and learn them, and do it again for another exam in just over 2 weeks. Seriously, I might fail here :frown:

EDIT: I really don't know how I'm supposed to answer two essay questions. The questions are really open, I've learnt the content + used books + articles + the internet, but it doesn't seem like enough to write one essay, nevermind two. No idea what I'm going to do on Wednesday. Maybe my brain is trolling me, and actually does know enough
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending