The Student Room Group

Psychology unit 1

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheBlackRose
Multi-store, got to start revising. Teacher said ill get a C. I got to prove to the son of a bitch i can get an A* :P

You can't get an A* in AS

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by violetvictorious
You can't get an A* in AS

Posted from TSR Mobile

i do gcse
I am just hoping Van ijzendoorn and Kroonenberg DONT COME UP or that MARY AINSWORTH. omg, they are just hard to remember. .-.
(edited 8 years ago)
Got 95 UMS in this exam last year, any questions please ask!
Original post by anna343234
Got 95 UMS in this exam last year, any questions please ask!

can participant variable be considered as a extraneous variable?
why is pilot study better?
Oh my gosh I totally forgot about HM and KF, so stressed rn haha
I've lost my notes on Hodges and Tizzard and Schaffer and Emerson helllpppppp
Original post by nik1M
can someone explain about how daycare has influenced research of child practices?! I don't get it :frown:

I think it led to improved emotional care in hospitals and adoption centres, parents can stay overnight with their children in hospitals (Robertson & Robertson) and key workers in nurseries are assigned a maximum of 3 children that are their responsibility so they act as a substitute attachment figure
can someone outline how operant conditioning works for attachment?
Original post by help!!!!!!!!!!
can someone outline how operant conditioning works for attachment?

When hungry infants feel uncomfortable and are driven to reduce discomfort - feels pleasure when fed. Food is the primary reinforcer as it directly satisfies hunger. Caregiver is the secondary reinforcer as they are associated with the food. Attachment occurs because the child seeks the person who can supply the reward (food)
I hope thats helpful hahaha
What's Bowlby's maternal deprivation hypothesis??
Original post by laurah1998
When hungry infants feel uncomfortable and are driven to reduce discomfort - feels pleasure when fed. Food is the primary reinforcer as it directly satisfies hunger. Caregiver is the secondary reinforcer as they are associated with the food. Attachment occurs because the child seeks the person who can supply the reward (food)
I hope thats helpful hahaha

thanks i'm so ****ing scared :frown:
Reply 32
just letting you all know..................... if its a 12 marker on memory improvement strategies you CAN write about cognitive interview!
Reply 33
Original post by laurah1998
What's Bowlby's maternal deprivation hypothesis??

A significant loss of contact between primary care giver and baby in critical period (first 2 and half years) has a negative consequence for the child's social and emotional development permanently - he supported this with his 44 JUVENILE thieves study.

you're welcome :colondollar:
Original post by nik1M
just letting you all know..................... if its a 12 marker on memory improvement strategies you CAN write about cognitive interview!

how?
Reply 35
Original post by help!!!!!!!!!!
how?

because it's classed as a memory improvement strategy.. saw it on mark scheme earlier on but if its like a 4 marker on memory improvement i wouldnt use it. only for 12 or 8.
I think it'll be Working Memory Model since it hasn't come up since Jan 11.
Original post by TheBlackRose
i do gcse

Isn't this thread for PSYA1 (AQA AS Level?)
im scared.
i think it might be on Ainsworth/Strange Situation?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending