The Student Room Group

Is it normal to be scared?

Im constantly scared my relationship is going to come to an end
it has got to the point where Im worried that if theres space in our relationship it means we're breaking up
we've been together for 6 years- he's never cheated but I'm so insecure that he's going to leave
How do i become more secure in my relationship
Chill. Seriously. How good are you guys at communicating? Are you open with each other? Have you ever mentioned your fear?

Posted from TSR Mobile
You might actually have a good reason for being insecure. If you don't then that's being irrational, think neutral.
Reply 3
Original post by the*legal*eagle
Chill. Seriously. How good are you guys at communicating? Are you open with each other? Have you ever mentioned your fear?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you... I mention it all the time. It's really affected our relationship because he feels suffocated, and rightly so.
He used to assure me that he wasn't leaving but he doesnt anymore cos he knows i wont believe him
I know i should be giving him space but I can't help it, Im so so paranoid and scared

He has a history of leaving family and friends that he loves (for reasons I wont go into) and thats why I have this fear..
Reply 4
Original post by Protégé
You might actually have a good reason for being insecure. If you don't then that's being irrational, think neutral.

I get so emotional that I can't think logically
I dont know how to get over this. Its ruining our relationship :frown:
Original post by Anonymous
I get so emotional that I can't think logically
I dont know how to get over this. Its ruining our relationship :frown:

Why do you think so? Surely if you've made it clear to him he's gone through effort to comfort you?
Reply 6
Original post by Protégé
Why do you think so? Surely if you've made it clear to him he's gone through effort to comfort you?

I guess he means so much to me that I dont want to lose him
I know thats so unhealthy and that I need to change but dont know how
Original post by Anonymous
I guess he means so much to me that I dont want to lose him
I know thats so unhealthy and that I need to change but dont know how

Honestly, I don't really know how to advise you on that. Just know that your insecurity will be more likely to lead to the demise of your relationship than if you were secure.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending