The Student Room Group

Rate me out of 10 & how to improve my chances with women (FEMALES GTFIH)

Yes, another one of these threads! Sorry.

I'll be 24 in October and I've never been in a serious relationship (so ronery).

I was hopeless with girls all the way through school and college and my insecurities/shyness have stuck with me even though I'm looking after myself a lot better (eating healthy/gym etc). My sexual encounters are few and far between lol, I would hazard a guess that most 17/18 year olds have had more action than me. Feels bad man.

Now I'm not one to feel sorry for myself and I do have quite a positive outlook on life but the whole subject of females is a massive area of insecurity for me. It's not like I've not had the opportunity to enter into a relationship but It normally ends up with either me failing to make a move in time or the girl likes me but I'm not really into her. I just have low confidence, and I'm lacking in experience (not a good combination).

The only times I really mix with females is when I've had a skinful on a Saturday night. I don't even enjoy going out/drinking that much but what else is a single dude supposed to do on a Saturday night? If I didn't go out I'd be getting approx 0% interaction with women. The place where I work is like 90% blokes so not going to meet anyone there. I've dipped my toe in online dating but most of the sites are complete garbage.

Any advice is welcomed, if you're interested just post in here and I'll send you a PM with a picture (the picture has a filter on it, I'm paler irl).

PLZ HELP, how do I get out of this rut?

Scroll to see replies

I'm like you, the advice you'll probably get is; join societies/groups for your hobbies, meet new people, be confident and that you'll only meet someone when you stop looking.
which are all valid points, but useless if you don't enjoy them nor have the opportunity to do them.

maybe im overly negative and disillusioned but you may as well ask for the location of the holy grail
Unfortunately society has put women on a pedestal. Be only out for yourself, and you'll be fine. Do not define your self worth by your experience with the opposite sex, I'd like to think we are more advanced, intellectually than those who do so.
Reply 3
pm me
Hit da weights and start lifting brah
Reply 6
Original post by Magnus Taylor
Hit da weights and start lifting brah

I did for 8 months solid then had an operation and haven't got back into it. I know 8 months isn't that long but the confidence I gained was superficial, I was still the same guy on the inside.

It would help though, I agree.
If drinking isn't for you, don't go out drinking. If you go to places like that you will meet girls who are into drinking and partying and if that isn't what you like why would you want to be with someone like that? Start pursuing your hobbies, if you like reading go to the library, running? join a local running club. You will find someone. For now though stop looking for someone as when you look you tend to never find.

Allow your confidence to grow and get used to talking to women by approaching them in the street and asking them simple questions like 'where is the nearest .... store' etc. Try to speak to as many women as possible, even if they aren't your type or you don't know them. Just build up your confidence and self esteem. Feel comfortable in your skin.

Once you stop looking for someone and start feeling confident I assure you a woman or multiple will eventually come along :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
I did for 8 months solid then had an operation and haven't got back into it. I know 8 months isn't that long but the confidence I gained was superficial, I was still the same guy on the inside.

It would help though, I agree.

Just try to work on your self-esteem and after you will be in a better position
Reply 9
Original post by NatalieBlundell
If drinking isn't for you, don't go out drinking. If you go to places like that you will meet girls who are into drinking and partying and if that isn't what you like why would you want to be with someone like that? Start pursuing your hobbies, if you like reading go to the library, running? join a local running club. You will find someone. For now though stop looking for someone as when you look you tend to never find.

Allow your confidence to grow and get used to talking to women by approaching them in the street and asking them simple questions like 'where is the nearest .... store' etc. Try to speak to as many women as possible, even if they aren't your type or you don't know them. Just build up your confidence and self esteem. Feel comfortable in your skin.

Once you stop looking for someone and start feeling confident I assure you a woman or multiple will eventually come along :smile:

Thanks for the response.

My mates enjoy it though and so I just go along as I've nothing better to do. I live in a small town as well and so we're limited with what to do on a weekend.

I don't really have any hobbies (how sad is that?) I used to play a lot of golf when I was younger and I got pretty good but it's so expensive and now I'm at an age where I would have to buy everything I can't really afford it.

I'm not so bad talking to strangers when it's me starting the conversation, but if somebody attractive started talking to me I would become incredibly shy.

I don't really understand the whole "stop looking and you'll find someone" theory.
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks for the response.

I don't really have any hobbies (how sad is that?) I used to play a lot of golf when I was younger and I got pretty good but it's so expensive and now I'm at an age where I would have to buy everything I can't really afford it.

I don't really understand the whole "stop looking and you'll find someone" theory.

I don't have any hobbies either hahah so don't stress it.

It is a bit of an odd theory but I guess it just means that when you're trying to look for someone you can get so wrapped up in it that you stop doing things you enjoy or being yourself. Obviously these things are what attract a person. Surely you would rather be with a girl who has interests and ambitions. Instead of one who is always looking for a guy etc.

I'm not sure if that makes any sense hahah but yeah just embrace who you are and become more confident. It will happen slowly but surely :biggrin:

Congrats on your new level of rep, Mrs 5 bar I'm not far behind though :d
Congrats on your new level of rep, Mrs 5 bar I'm not far behind though :d

Hahaha Thank you. Just to let you know, i just need 5 more points until i get to another level. Good luck to you lol :wink:
Original post by NatalieBlundell
I don't have any hobbies either hahah so don't stress it.

It is a bit of an odd theory but I guess it just means that when you're trying to look for someone you can get so wrapped up in it that you stop doing things you enjoy or being yourself. Obviously these things are what attract a person. Surely you would rather be with a girl who has interests and ambitions. Instead of one who is always looking for a guy etc.

I'm not sure if that makes any sense hahah but yeah just embrace who you are and become more confident. It will happen slowly but surely :biggrin:

Yeah, I suppose that makes sense.

I've even thought about going travelling alone for a few months, it might help me grow as a person, it would certainly get me of the rut, I'm sure!
Original post by pagorai
Hahaha Thank you. Just to let you know, i just need 5 more points until i get to another level. Good luck to you lol :wink:

8 for me, 3 if you want to be really nice ;3 xxxxxxxx
8 for me, 3 if you want to be really nice ;3 xxxxxxxx

1 if you want to be really nice. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by pagorai

how do you know how much you need? :0
Original post by pagorai
1 if you want to be really nice. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have just been really nice, check! Xoxoxox
Original post by Dinaa
how do you know how much you need? :0

So if you scroll down to "reputation received", just below that there is reputation points shown. For every certain rep points, your rep level increases.
I have just been really nice, check! Xoxoxox

Lol i saw that after i quoted you. Thank you gentleman.:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending