The Student Room Group

People earning over £60000 should have a 0.8 to the pound tax rate?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ibzombie96
I'd be a 'lefty' Tory, like Cameron is.

You seem to be more of a Monday Club Tory or UKIP - am I right?

I'm a pro-EU Tory. More right wing than Cameron but a bit less right wing that Thatcher, but only just about.
Original post by SotonianOne
You asked me which lefties I am referring to.

Answer was very clear.

You gave me your opinion on what "the left" is.
Original post by cleverasvoltaire
I'm a pro-EU Tory. More right wing than Cameron but a bit less right wing that Thatcher, but only just about.

Oh wow, I wouldn't describe a pro-EU Tory as being just a bit less right wing than Thatcher :wink:
Original post by EatAndRevise
You gave me your opinion on what "the left" is.

I exemplified a category which encompasses your question.

If you're asking for specific people, your avatar and your posts would be a prime example.
Original post by cleverasvoltaire
bit less right wing that Thatcher

and here our friendship ends :frown:(((
and here our friendship ends :frown:(((

I'm Sajid Javid level Thatcherite. He is a self proclaimed Thatcherite and likes Ayn Rand,so you know...
I exemplified a category which encompasses your question.

If you're asking for specific people, your avatar and your posts would be a prime example.

My avatar? Do elaborate.

I'm not a lefty. I was merely pointing out that he had some very clear inconsistencies in his posts.
Original post by ibzombie96
Oh wow, I wouldn't describe a pro-EU Tory as being just a bit less right wing than Thatcher :wink:

That's one of the only issues I am slightly more to the 'left' on.
Just so you know top 2% of wealthiest Brits pay 97% of all tax

Posted from TSR Mobile
My avatar? Do elaborate.

I'm not a lefty. I was merely pointing out that he had some very clear inconsistencies in his posts.

Is the person in your avatar not Galloway the self-proclaimed liberal who loves civil rights except for those which go against the Qu'ran so he can be elected in his Islamic constituency?

From your posts, you do resemble someone who is further to the left than to the right.
Is the person in your avatar not Galloway the self-proclaimed liberal who loves civil rights except for those which go against the Qu'ran so he can be elected in his Islamic constituency?

From your posts, you do resemble someone who is further to the left than to the right.

What? :hahaha: No. It's this man:

Not this man:

Lol, I was pointing out that he had inconsistencies in his posts.

No scrap that, these forums have a weird way of display posts and the ones you quoted came out as your own. Your avatar is too small too ;/
I'm kind of assuming that you're taking the piss with this...
Original post by Willnewman234
Just so you know top 2% of wealthiest Brits pay 97% of all tax

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's more like 50 - 60%, definitely not as high as 97%.
No scrap that, these forums have a weird way of display posts and the ones you quoted came out as your own. Your avatar is too small too ;/

Ah, I see.

I can see how you would confuse the two of them, they do look rather similar.
It's more like 50 - 60%, definitely not as high as 97%.

No it's 97%

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Willnewman234

I've just read the gov.uk figures, it's 55%.
...80%? You realise that absolutely no one in their right minds is going to pay this? Either people leave the country or avoid tax altogether.
Can someone expalin this to me:

when you earn over, lets say 1 million and the tax rate is 50%,

Does that mean the person's salary will be 0.5million? Or is 50% taxed for earnings over a million? eg lets say a person earns 1.2 million, only the 0.2 is taxed at 50% and rest is taxed as usual, etc. Which one is correct? (Me and my friends were confused about this)

Jay
Original post by Xin Xang
That makes total sense. And of course, TSR is the best place to interact with like minded business people who are in the top 5% of earners.

that was an extraordinary year for me i've had worse years i made £4500 this year so far my mate has made £300,000 and a had a car stolen whilst another has made around a mill in the past 2 years if you in clude the sale of assets

Quick Reply

Latest