The Student Room Group

Itching of the scrotum

For about three years now I have had itchy balls. The problem comes and goes in different levels of itchiness, I can be itch free for a while and suddenly I will start scratching the less sore skin if I get an itch, thus making the itch start again and I end up scratching them raw, until they're cut then I stop and apply OTC cream.

This is not something I'm entirely embarrassed about as I have spoken to friends and my girlfriend about the issue. I just can't seem to bring myself to ring the doctors as I feel embarrassed all of a sudden and don't have the bottle to do it!

Could anyone give some indication as to what they suggest it may be? And possibly help with what to say on the phone?

All in all I am a relatively healthy guy, I workout and eat healthy, take vitamins and supplements etc. but I have special occasions I.e birthdays that I attend where I will do Class A drugs as a treat to myself as I don't go out any other time drinking or doing class As. I smoke weed on weekends only too but other than that I'm kinda healthy lol so I don't understand
Thats quite the problem :rofl3:
Don't mean to sound extreme but you and your girlfriend might want to get checked for crabs or anything similar. That and just straight up tell your doctor "I have very irritated testicles". They've definitely heard worse.
Reply 3
It's definitely not crabs, that has been checked
sounds like jock itch... are you thoroughly drying your sack after showers?
Reply 5
It's mainly phoning up to book the initial appointment which embarrasses me for some reason :frown:

Apply after a shower. also great on your feet.
I'm very physically active, and sweat used to cause a little chaffing and itching which is uncomfortable. Gold bond keeps you feeling dry and fresh.
Reply 7
Original post by Joinedup
sounds like jock itch... are you thoroughly drying your sack after showers?

Yes! I have even used OTC jock itch creams but none seem to really do much long term, only short term
Reply 8
Original post by hockham jaynsaw

Apply after a shower. also great on your feet.

I have the Menthol one of this it's the only one I could find online in the UK and it only works short term
Original post by Anonymous
It's mainly phoning up to book the initial appointment which embarrasses me for some reason :frown:

I'm not too sure what your understanding of the GP appointment system is, but you don't need to tell them you've got itchy *******s when making the appointment. Just ask for a general appointment.
I have the Menthol one of this it's the only one I could find online in the UK and it only works short term

menthol. :yikes: you masochist. I applied menthol shower gel down there once and holy **** that tingle/burn is NOT nice.

Just book an appointment to see the GP. You don't have to explain why over the phone. If they ask, just say you'd prefer to explain it to the GP at the appointment. When you get there, explain that you've got a persistent itch in the groin area and that it's starting to bother you. Leave the GP take it from there.
Original post by Hippysnake
I'm not too sure what your understanding of the GP appointment system is, but you don't need to tell them you've got itchy *******s when making the appointment. Just ask for a general appointment.

I've never had to phone one before lol I wasn't sure if it has to be a certain doctor or sex to examine them? Can I literally just say that
Original post by hockham jaynsaw
menthol. :yikes: you masochist. I applied menthol shower gel down there once and holy **** that tingle/burn is NOT nice.

Just book an appointment to see the GP. You don't have to explain why over the phone. If they ask, just say you'd prefer to explain it to the GP at the appointment. When you get there, explain that you've got a persistent itch in the groin area and that it's starting to bother you. Leave the GP take it from there.

Thanks man! That's actually really helped me out! Serious lol
I've never had to phone one before lol I wasn't sure if it has to be a certain doctor or sex to examine them? Can I literally just say that

"I'd like to book an appointment to see the GP, please."
"We have an appointment available at xx:yy, is that okay"
"That's great, thank you."
"What's your name, please?"
"Joe itchyballs."
"Okay Joe, your appointment is booked for xx:yy."
"Thank you."
*hang up*

If you want to a male doctor, then just ask for one. The receptionists are used to dealing with stuff like this and they won't ask any funny questions.
Original post by Hippysnake
If you want to a male doctor, then just ask for one. The receptionists are used to dealing with stuff like this and they won't ask any funny questions.

"I'd like to see a male doctor please"
"Why, you one of those gay uns?"
"No..."
"Got a thing for a little penis rodding?"
"I'm not homosexual. I'd like a male doctor please"
"Got a wart on your ding dong? It's alright, darling, the docs here have seen it all. Had a fella in here last week with an itchy scrotum. Turns out he had crabs."
etc.

Quick Reply

Latest