The Student Room Group

HELP!!

Can I do Radiography or Physiotherapy with Maths in place of a science subject(I do Maths,Ict and History) and currently having no work experience in either field (only experience was in Supervalu a local supermarket) coming to the end of AS!
Unlikely. You're best off looking at foundation years - some universities will have courses for candidates who get high grades, but in unsuitable subjects.
Original post by jMC69
Can I do Radiography or Physiotherapy with Maths in place of a science subject(I do Maths,Ict and History) and currently having no work experience in either field (only experience was in Supervalu a local supermarket) coming to the end of AS!

I am not sure how much any science except biology would help you, however I pretty sure you could go on and do it with those A levels. It is like economics at university, you do not need to have done any economics at A level as they reteach it when you go to study it. Perhaps consider taking biology/p.e. AS?
Reply 3
Original post by Jai Sandhu
I am not sure how much any science except biology would help you, however I pretty sure you could go on and do it with those A levels. It is like economics at university, you do not need to have done any economics at A level as they reteach it when you go to study it. Perhaps consider taking biology/p.e.
AS?

Are you talking about radiography? If so then is it female dominated?
Original post by jMC69
Are you talking about radiography? If so then is it female dominated?

Talking for both and honestly it is quite a 50/50 split, you would be surprised.
I am not sure how much any science except biology would help you, however I pretty sure you could go on and do it with those A levels. It is like economics at university, you do not need to have done any economics at A level as they reteach it when you go to study it. Perhaps consider taking biology/p.e. AS?

Talking for both and honestly it is quite a 50/50 split, you would be surprised.

Are you doing Radiography? Radiography isn't remotely like Economics at university, of the 5 universities I applied ALL needed a science for radiography and four needed it at a grade B or above. I would concur that physiotherapy may be a 50/50 split but radiography most certainly isn't.

edited to add, most universities receive in excess of 700 applications for 50 places, some work experience and at least a day in a radiography department is a mandatory part of the application process.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jMC69

Stay on another year and get a science ALevel and work experience or drop one if the above and do a full science in a year if you college will let you and it suits the timetable. I did, it was tough at times but I am nearly there now, I did applied science and all my choices accepted it including a Russell Group.

You absolutely must get work experience for radiography, no idea about physiotherapy.

Quick Reply

Latest