The Student Room Group

Big dilemma somebody help me!

ok so the background information. For the past 5 months I've been 'seeing' this guy, it started after a couple of dates and after an extremely drunk phone call he asked me to be his girlfriend! but then after a few days something was off and then i realised (whether he was pretending or not i do not know) that he had no recollection of ever asking me out. So a month or so passed and i finally asked the question: what are we? are we exclusive? his answer was outright no? which to be honest i was fine with, so we've still been hooking up and stuff only now it seems to have got more serious again and i feel like this may be becoming something more real?

However, I went to visit him at his uni the other week (he introduced me as _____ from back home, not his girlfriend) and one of his friends dropped him in it about how he got with XXXX again. AGAIN?! so now I'm freaking out?! am I going to be the girl who wakes up one day to look on Facebook and see loads of loved up selfies and XXXX is in a relationship with your man!!!! Like what the hell?! so i'm still playing it cool but its really eating at me and hurts like hell.

Now, after all this has happened I'm still talking to this guy and I'm still getting more and more feelings for him and then suddenly out of the blue on a night out I bump into this really cute guy who i used to go to school with all be it he was in the year above me so i never really spoke to him! so we get talking and after a while he admits he's been in love with me for the last 5 years! WHAT THE HELL! I MEAN THIS GUY IS F***ING GORGEOUS! and talented and so intelligent a real catch and he's "IN LOVE" with me?! but now I'm freaking out i don't know what to do he asked me if i was seeing someone? I said no but now i feel like i've lied to him? if its not exclusive am i single i don't know what to do? so anyway he's asked me on a date and I'm so confused i don't know if i want to go and should i tell guy number one?

So what should i do?
*should i just bite the bullet and tell guy 1 to stop messing around and tell him how i feel? even though I'm pretty sure he's a born player?

*go on this date with guy 2?

P.s i can't hide from either of them because I'm at uni with them both next year >.<

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!!!!
Dump guy 1
He clearly doesn't respect you, you aren't his girlfriend
Date guy 2 tell him if you want don't if you don't
Sorted
Original post by marythestudent
Dump guy 1
Sorted

Top advice there. I don't think what he said when he was drunk means anything at all :colondollar:
Reply 3
Original post by marythestudent
Dump guy 1
Sorted

Thankyou so much! you made it sound so simple!
Original post by Anonymous
Thankyou so much! you made it sound so simple!

It is :smile: good luck!
Definitely dump guy #1!! That is clear. You need to dump him regardless of guy number #2. He's a player and has no emotional attachment to you.

As for guy #2 - go out with him. You are definitely single!! But go slow. Find out his true intentions. You don't need another fwb.
He may be totally sincere that he is in love w/ you but....... it could be a ploy. Date him - get to know him but save the sex until there is a committed relationship established. Make sure he's committing as well. You don't want a repeat of guy #1.
Reply 6
just a little update: I dumped guy 1, and started dating guy 2... only to find out guy 2 is an ass and already has a girlfriend, and a kid!!!!!!!!!! so dumped him as well obviously!!

BUT..... a month later guy 1 (with a little push from his best mate) finally realised how bad he was making me feel and a few months down the line I'm now the happiest girlfriend ever and we've moved in together.. happy days :smile:
Wow that's awful from the second guy lying to you like that, trouble is some guys are like that. They seem great but then they hide some nasty things from you like that, least finally the first guy came round and admitted how he really felt.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending