The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Can anyone give a quick overview on how HM and KF support the Multi-Store Model?
Original post by Mysterious M
Can someone link me to the mark scheme please? They're no longer on the AQA website apparently..

Which mark scheme are you after?
Original post by Eleanor303
Which mark scheme are you after?

I have yet to do a past paper so all of them if possible ? if not then 2011 and 2012 please, do you also have links for any past papers?

Thankyou!
Original post by Eleanor303
Can anyone give a quick overview on how HM and KF support the Multi-Store Model?

I'd say that there is evidence for distinction between STM and LTM from people with amnesia. Shallice + Warrington studied KF; he could recall no more than 2 items in test, but had no problems with LTM.
If you click them they don't open up to an actual PDF file :/

Still, thank you
How would you go about answering a 12 marker on MSM model? Like what are some good A01 points? Thanks!!
The only thing im feelings iffy about is Cultural Variations. I could answer a 4 marker but do u guys think it could come up as a 12 or 8? surely not? it was up on June 2013.
Best of luck to everyone tomorrow!
hmm might try and get a decent nights sleep and call it a night here
Can Rutter et al be used to support privation?
Original post by gwhite14
How would you go about answering a 12 marker on MSM model? Like what are some good A01 points? Thanks!!

-Proposed by Atkinson and schriffrin
-information passes from store to store in a linear way
-both STM and LTM are unintary stores
Then go on to explain STM and LTM in terms of their characteristics; encoding, capacity and duration. Talk about sensory memory and rehearsal etc. These are all good AO1 points, all from the mark scheme

Hope that helps :biggrin:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Velocity_
The only thing im feelings iffy about is Cultural Variations. I could answer a 4 marker but do u guys think it could come up as a 12 or 8? surely not? it was up on June 2013.

You could use the research by Takahashi 1990, describe the procedure, his findings and conclusions and then evaluate by talking about methodological and ethical issues?
Original post by JuliusSeizure
Then go on to explain STM and LTM in terms of their characteristics; encoding, capacity and duration. Talk about sensory memory and rehearsal etc. These are all good AO1 points, all from the mark scheme

Posted from TSR Mobile

Could you use research into encoding/capacity/duration e.g. Jacobs, Peterson etc. as AO2? or would it be part of AO1?
Urgh I hope cultural variations does not come up at all. Don't know much about it

I hope eyewitness testimony comes up as a 12 marker

Posted from TSR Mobile
hows everyone feeling about tomorrow? I'm kinda nervous but hopefully I can iron out the stuff I need to in the morning
Original post by omanadilahko
Could you use research into encoding/capacity/duration e.g. Jacobs, Peterson etc. as AO2? or would it be part of AO1?

Yeah you can, but I'm not too sure on those studies though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tylerrrrr
hows everyone feeling about tomorrow? I'm kinda nervous but hopefully I can iron out the stuff I need to in the morning

Let's just say that I've had enough proplus that I now have the shakes and still don't know anything about the research methods

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tylerrrrr

Not nervous at all, not because I'm confident :tongue: but because I've done many exams the nervousness has left me I guess

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JuliusSeizure

Posted from TSR Mobile

Perfect- thanks so much!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending