The Student Room Group

Why am I so jealous of everyone?

I get really sexually frustrated and jealous of everyone. Even if it's just hearing that a friend did something with someone, or watching someone kiss or hug, let alone screw, makes me super super jealous and I just want to punch someone and scream out. I absolutely hate it.

And I have no idea why I get so jealous. It's not like I am some sort of frigid virgin. I'm attractive and get plenty of good sex with hot people, like the other day I slept with someone who all my friends said was one of the hottest men they'd ever seen.

What is wrong with me? It's like I am burning inside when I see any mention of anything sexual. Could I have some weird anxiety disorder?
you have low self esteem
Reply 2
Original post by scenekid1
you have low self esteem

in what way?
Original post by Anonymous
I get really sexually frustrated and jealous of everyone. Even if it's just hearing that a friend did something with someone, or watching someone kiss or hug, let alone screw, makes me super super jealous and I just want to punch someone and scream out. I absolutely hate it.

And I have no idea why I get so jealous. It's not like I am some sort of frigid virgin. I'm attractive and get plenty of good sex with hot people, like the other day I slept with someone who all my friends said was one of the hottest men they'd ever seen.

What is wrong with me? It's like I am burning inside when I see any mention of anything sexual. Could I have some weird anxiety disorder?

You should seek some medical advice or just try not to think about everyone else. It seems that you can't appreciate anything about your life, and sex is not the most important thing on earth. If you think it is, then jealously is not the only problem you are facing right now. Respect yourself...

Well firstly it's good that you recognise it as this will make it a lot easier to nip in the bud once you learn how to. Just to rule out something, does it happen more at a certain time of months like could it be related to menstruation? If not well maybe changing your thoughts in some way might help a bit, what if every time you got these frustrated feelings you swapped the thoughts for positive ones of your encounters with men/being complimented by them etc? It might reassure you that you are attractive and there's no need to be jelous. Or maybe just think of something totally different. If it's hard to control yourself maybe talking to someone professional might help, they deal with all sorts of things.
scenekid is right, you lack self esteem so whenever anyone else achieves something you get jealous of it in a "i want it" way. When your happy with what you have it will go away, how you become happy with what you've got is beyond me i'm afraid, i'm not that good of a person :smile:
Reply 6
You should seek some medical advice or just try not to think about everyone else. It seems that you can't appreciate anything about your life, and sex is not the most important thing on earth. If you think it is, then jealously is not the only problem you are facing right now. Respect yourself...

Sex is not very important at all to me, so I don't think that's the problem.
And it's not easy to avoid thinking about it when sex is shoved in front of our faces all the time. Society is obsessed with sex and its really annoying.

Original post by Redfrost
Well firstly it's good that you recognise it as this will make it a lot easier to nip in the bud once you learn how to. Just to rule out something, does it happen more at a certain time of months like could it be related to menstruation? If not well maybe changing your thoughts in some way might help a bit, what if every time you got these frustrated feelings you swapped the thoughts for positive ones of your encounters with men/being complimented by them etc? It might reassure you that you are attractive and there's no need to be jelous. Or maybe just think of something totally different. If it's hard to control yourself maybe talking to someone professional might help, they deal with all sorts of things.

I don't know how you can just stop thinking about things. When I'm feeling down about something, I can't magically make myself feel better. Maybe you can, but I can't.

And I think I'll bring this up with my counsellor, it has been a problem for ages.

Original post by Smilin’ Knight
scenekid is right, you lack self esteem so whenever anyone else achieves something you get jealous of it in a "i want it" way. When your happy with what you have it will go away, how you become happy with what you've got is beyond me i'm afraid, i'm not that good of a person :smile:

but I do already have what they have. I get jealous about people having sex, even though I have sex with even hotter people. It makes NO sense.
Society is obsessed with sex and its really annoying.

That's true, indeed. If you can't make yourself feel any better, then it would be the best to seek some professional advice. Good luck and sorry for misjudging you.
It could be a form of low self-esteem, like someone else said. Even if you get what they all get too, it could be a sign of validation. You always have to prove yourself or "compete" or to keep up with what's "normal" or "popular" in your life. You might not even know it yourself. Sometimes years go by and then you look back and go, damn, I think I was...But obviously it could be something else or nothing at all and just a phase :smile: xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending