The Student Room Group

What are you guys looking for in the girl you want to marry?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Smilin’ Knight
you make it sound so easy :tongue:

Working up the courage isn't easy, actually doing it though is.
i'll let you know when i get to that point :redface:
Original post by SophieSmall
Working up the courage isn't easy, actually doing it though is.

If guys spent less time complaining, and more time actually doing....

This is starting to sound familiar in relation to me and revision....

Edit: This includes girls. We can all be faulted with the same sticker.
Original post by Pollyanna1998
If guys spent less time complaining, and more time actually doing....

This is starting to sound familiar in relation to me and revision....

Ah I think women can be just as guilty of it to be honest, though for different reasons. Women often don't approach because society expects men to do it, and then women complain men aren't approaching them but many of them wouldn't dream of approaching men. It should work both ways, it's unfair for it to be so one sided.

Know the feeling :wink: should be revising for my exam on tuesday...but nah.
Ah I think women can be just as guilty of it to be honest, though for different reasons. Women often don't approach because society expects men to do it, and then women complain men aren't approaching them but many of them wouldn't dream of approaching men. It should work both ways, it's unfair for it to be so one sided.

Know the feeling :wink: should be revising for my exam on tuesday...but nah.

Edited my quote before you even commented :wink: I agree.
Well I have a psychology exam tomorrow, or rather today.
And I've been revising since yesterday.....
:s
Edited my quote before you even commented :wink: I agree.
Well I have a psychology exam tomorrow, or rather today.
And I've been revising since yesterday.....
:s

Oh dear, best get some rest.

Good luck!
Lol what?

No they're not. A girl who'd like to stay up all night talking? Have her hair played with? Sit in and watch movies. Laugh at silly things their partner do and discuss topics one can deem intelligent?

Not even remotely rare.

I agree, we just get overlooked because we don't go around flashing our boobies and jumping onto the first guy we see 💁

This. ^
PREACH! :grouphugs:
Original post by Anonymous
educated conservations

Omg :laugh:
Original post by marythestudent
Omg :laugh:

the irony in it is awesome, nicely spotted! lol
Original post by Smilin’ Knight
the irony in it is awesome, nicely spotted! lol

Lol i'll rep you tomorrow
Intelligent & has common sense
Personality that just gels with mine
Good sense of humour
Genuine
Loving & affectionate
Dedicated
Honest; faithful and open with her feelings
Appreciates romance
Likes travelling
Independent but still allows others to do things for her [None of those women who refuse to let their men do anything]
Bonus points if she speaks more than one language
- Not a slut
- Hot
- Easy to get on with
Hates these threads, becuase you have to tread lightly, as you risk offendng some girls reading who may take your preferences as a personal insult towards them. So, I'm just gonna be vague. A girl who I'm compatitble with and love.
Original post by beautyandthebeat
How old are you if you don't mind me asking?

I'm 22, why?
Original post by Jibola240
Hates these threads, becuase you have to tread lightly, as you risk offendng some girls reading who may take your preferences as a personal insult towards them. So, I'm just gonna be vague. A girl who I'm compatitble with and love.

You should feel free to say whatever you want. People will always be offended some way or another. Who cares
Original post by Jibola240

Starting sh*t is much more fun
Modesty, Consideration, Wise, Common sense, pretty, kind, caring, and loving, self confidence and very talkative, intelligent. And very romantic. Much better than my last one.

That's all.
Someone who I can trust wholeheartedly with any situation. Someone who isn't afraid to speak to me about anything. ANYTHING. Someone who understands me well enough to know how much of a stubborn idiot I can be and can tolerate me. Someone who doesn't mind me opening car doors and pulling out chairs for them without being embarrassed. Someone I can link arms with down the street. Someone who knows what marriage means to me. Someone who knows I would go to the ends of the earth to care for.
I'm almost 31 so it's easier to describe what I don't want.

Quick Reply

Latest