The Student Room Group

Edexcel Mathematics Textbooks

Good morning,

I was having a look at textbooks for A-Level Mathematics and I was surprised to find how expensive it all is. I shall be doing all 18 modules so that would add up to about £270 for me. I have already gone ahead and purchased books Core 1 and 2 because of the great reviews.

Is there an alternative that everybody here uses or something? It would be great if it has a similar format to the Edexcel books as it has a lot of problems I can solve to practice.

Thank you for your time!
Original post by L'Eternité
Good morning,

I was having a look at textbooks for A-Level Mathematics and I was surprised to find how expensive it all is. I shall be doing all 18 modules so that would add up to about £270 for me. I have already gone ahead and purchased books Core 1 and 2 because of the great reviews.

Is there an alternative that everybody here uses or something? It would be great if it has a similar format to the Edexcel books as it has a lot of problems I can solve to practice.

Thank you for your time!

Buy them on eBay in great used condition and for half the price

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by gdunne42
Buy them on eBay in great used condition and for half the price

Thank you for your post. I had a look just now and there were quite a few on sale. There isn't a 'price difference though and a lot are missing the CDs, which are arguably even more important than the book in this case lol!
Original post by L'Eternité
Thank you for your post. I had a look just now and there were quite a few on sale. There isn't a 'price difference though and a lot are missing the CDs, which are arguably even more important than the book in this case lol!

Just wait until the exams are over, there will be 100s if not 1000s on sale. I'll be selling a C3, an S2 and an M1 in very good condition :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending