The Student Room Group

Biology GCSE exam, help me please !!

So I have my biology B2 and B3 on Tuesday, but I don't know if I know everything, I don't know how to revise anymore? Like I've done revision, I don't know whether I'm applying my knowledge to the questions properly, I really don't want to fail.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Past papers 👍

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by abiantoinette
So I have my biology B2 and B3 on Tuesday, but I don't know if I know everything, I don't know how to revise anymore? Like I've done revision, I don't know whether I'm applying my knowledge to the questions properly, I really don't want to fail.

well you don't have to stress out !!! just do all the board papers , check their marking schemes , and result plus and i am sure u will smash ur exams ....
(edited 8 years ago)
I guessing your doing AQA like me ? I've done all the past papers I'm just going to read over the specification to see if I don't understand anything :smile:
Yep doing AQA if you want more past papers not on the website go to past papers.org. They have more papers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
I have a strange feeling there will be a 6 mark question about cells-tissues-organs-organ systems this year. Most of the 6 markers throughout the years have been easy, especially last years one.. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a question about speciation..again

AND READ THE CGP BOOKS THEY'RE SO USEFUL!!
I use them as well. I think the 6 market will be on speciation

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I have a very strong feeling that B3 will be heavily centred around environmental problems and how to improve them - because the government needs to educate kids on these aspects.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Aamna-
I have a very strong feeling that B3 will be heavily centred around environmental problems and how to improve them - because the government needs to educate kids on these aspects.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you sure? what type of 6 mark question would they ask??
I don't think there will be much coverage in B3 on the body stuff as there were a lot of those last year and the year before. There will probably be more on environment stuff.

I think the 6 marker will either be on osmosis or environment stuff.

B2 I'm not even sure but again probably more stuff on the environment and less on body .
Reply 10
4-6 mark questions on stuff like:
- effects of deforestation
- effects of global warming
- methods to reduce these effects
- how greenhouse gases result in global warming
- biogas/biofuels; how the generators work
- destruction of peat bogs

As long as you've nailed these topics, you shouldn't have to worry a lot about - well at least not for the end of B3. I'd practise brainstorming all of these points.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay I am going to give you a list of all the topics that may come up in B2 and B3. Check the links provided and see if you've covered all of them topics.

B2: http://www.my-gcsescience.com/additional-science/biology/

B3: http://www.my-gcsescience.com/separate-science/biology/
I've done ALL past papers, got my bio exam tomorrow aswell!! still scared to death!
Original post by Chandan1998
I've done ALL past papers, got my bio exam tomorrow aswell!! still scared to death!

literally same! I HOPE YOU GET THE BEST GRADE YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!
quick way to explain the digestive system???
Reply 15
grade boundaries are usually low for the biology exams so i hope they are this year too
goodluck to everyone don't stress cos you're gonna have to do the exam either way
EEek I haven't done enough past papers
I have only done one and the exam is next week for me.
Reply 17
past papers are basically the best way to revise for aqa science because you can basically see what the examiner is looking for depending on how many marks the question is
you too :P
Not really, mostly low for physics.. but if you get 40/60 you are guaranteed an A

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending