The Student Room Group

Help Smash get a nice ass again

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
hey guys I think it'd really help me with my motivation and understanding form if people posted nice pics of asses and squatting videos :smile:

Apologies to be nosey,

but why do you particularly want a 'nice ass' ?? I don't think I've ever seen a male pursue an aesthetically pleasing behind. I know guys that want to strengthen it, as it serves a vital purpose in strength training, but purely for aesthetic reasons? Very odd (No offence of course)
Original post by JD1lla
Apologies to be nosey,

but why do you particularly want a 'nice ass' ?? I don't think I've ever seen a male pursue an aesthetically pleasing behind. I know guys that want to strengthen it, as it serves a vital purpose in strength training, but purely for aesthetic reasons? Very odd (No offence of course)

a) I'm bi-curious and like cupping my own arse

b) I like getting pinched squeezed and groped by old ladies

c) If it's strong and firm it will be one thing of the bucket list before I'm dead, along with eat the Shire Burger at the Hungry Horse and arm-wrestle that cocky **** Gaston in Disneyworld
Squat
When you're thinking of making a workout planner- squat
When you're hungry- eat dem proteinz
When you're thinking of watching sth on netflx- squat
When you're having an existential crisis- squat
When you're squatting- squat
When you're not squatting squat.

I did squats for a whole year and got myself a nice pair of melons :hubba:

Spoiler

Original post by LaMandarine
Squat
When you're thinking of making a workout planner- squat
When you're hungry- eat dem proteinz
When you're thinking of watching sth on netflx- squat
When you're having an existential crisis- squat
When you're squatting- squat
When you're not squatting squat.

I did squats for a whole year and got myself a nice pair of melons :hubba:

Spoiler

All the ass to grass work went straight to your cleavage? Impressive :sexface: although your butt must have been dissatisfied by that turn in events...

Spoiler

Original post by NatalieBlundell
A few things I do include squatting, lunges & running. They are all great for your glutes. Squatting alone or using a single piece of equipment in the gym won't get you results. You need variety and to work all of the muscles in and around you bum.

Another handy thing I like to do is when walking, tense your buttcheeks for 10 seconds then release. Do this a few times a day whilst walking to work or for something to eat and you will have a lovely bum in no time :smile:

u gon squat or nah
All the ass to grass work went straight to your cleavage? Impressive :sexface: although your butt must have been dissatisfied by that turn in events...

Spoiler

:rofl2: Bwahahahaha, where I come from we actually call perky butts "melons", but this reminded me of this

Spoiler

Original post by Blackshadow
So your ass weighs 8 stones. What about the rest of you?

omg no! The whole of me weighs 8 stone I don't know how I could just weigh my ass alone
omg no! The whole of me weighs 8 stone I don't know how I could just weigh my ass alone

You chop it off..
You chop it off..

Oh right my bad, I'll just go do that now :tongue:
Oh right my bad, I'll just go do that now :tongue:

Post it to me..I'll pm you my address :smile:

IMA BE HAVING STEAAAAAK TONIGHT.

:smile:
Post it to me..I'll pm you my address :smile:

IMA BE HAVING STEAAAAAK TONIGHT.

:smile:

hahahah, nothing beats a fine piece of ass, great source of protein!
I have a totally gigantic ass.

Mostly just genetic though - I have naturally huge legs, which are proportionally short compared to my torso (and just short full-stop, since I'm 5'5, so yes, they are tree-trunks) and that's also where I store most of my fat. I mean, I know there's a lot of fat since when I shake my legs a lot of the flesh on the inner bit of the thigh bounces about and my quadriceps themselves aren't very defined from the side when not tensed and despite having gigantic thighs I still struggle to squat 110KG...

They still look good though. Look like any rugby player's legs and they're still good for wrestling since they weigh a ****ing ton.

Sorry OP I can't even help you.
hahahah, nothing beats a fine piece of ass, great source of protein!

I have a big ass. Too big I think. Pm me.

Do it.
I'm really not here to dispute your goals because that really brings no joy. It's really not that complicated: the primary function of the biggest arse muscle (the glute max) is hip extension. So pattern hip extension stuff until you are good at it and you can feel your arse working. Then load the pattern (with 'enough' volume, whatever that is for you.)

The name of the game is progressive overload. So you need to do something that is challenging...for you. If you sit on your arse all day and do nothing. Then it is quite probable you will get some glute hypertrophy doing running or rowing or whatever. It's still an improvement over basically nothing. If you are remotely serious about training it then you load it up with exercises and movements that can be loaded up for your given motor pattern. The big ones would probably be a squat / hip thrust / RDL / Kettlebell Swing type motion.

Stop overanalysing and just put in some work.
Original post by The Blind Monk

Riku is the king of overanalysing lifting but never actually lifting...
I recommend giving 'Strong Glutes' by Brett Coleman a read. It's aimed towards women but men can follow the programme too, he explains the importance of really engaging your Glutes in all exercises and in fact daily life.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TorpidPhil

Mostly just genetic though - I have naturally huge legs, which are proportionally short compared to my torso (and just short full-stop, since I'm 5'5, so yes, they are tree-trunks) and that's also where I store most of my fat. I mean, I know there's a lot of fat since when I shake my legs a lot of the flesh on the inner bit of the thigh bounces about and my quadriceps themselves aren't very defined from the side when not tensed and despite having gigantic thighs I still struggle to squat 110KG...

They still look good though. Look like any rugby player's legs and they're still good for wrestling since they weigh a ****ing ton.

So came here just to brag about your sexy ass but have nothing to help me acquire my own? :colonhash:

Original post by illusionz

hey bro I will have you know back in Year 11 I could bench tree fiddy
Original post by TorpidPhil

So came here just to brag about your sexy ass but have nothing to help me acquire my own? :colonhash:

Original post by illusionz

hey bro I will have you know back in Year 11 I could bench tree fiddy
Original post by hermitthefrog
I recommend giving 'Strong Glutes' by Brett Coleman a read. It's aimed towards women but men can follow the programme too, he explains the importance of really engaging your Glutes in all exercises and in fact daily life.

Posted from TSR Mobile

well I tried tensing it as Natalie suggested while walking, but I literally could not feel it.

Serious uestion: I has bad sleep pattern/insomnia anxiety safrog :ashamed2: will this be bad for my ass?
Original post by The Blind Monk
I'm really not here to dispute your goals because that really brings no joy. It's really not that complicated: the primary function of the biggest arse muscle (the glute max) is hip extension. So pattern hip extension stuff until you are good at it and you can feel your arse working. Then load the pattern (with 'enough' volume, whatever that is for you.)

The name of the game is progressive overload. So you need to do something that is challenging...for you. If you sit on your arse all day and do nothing. Then it is quite probable you will get some glute hypertrophy doing running or rowing or whatever. It's still an improvement over basically nothing. If you are remotely serious about training it then you load it up with exercises and movements that can be loaded up for your given motor pattern. The big ones would probably be a squat / hip thrust / RDL / Kettlebell Swing type motion.

In all seriousness, however long it takes to implement and understand, I appreciate this advice

Even though I'm on the move, I feel my chronic sleep loss is making everything atrophy :frown:

why would you need to dispute my goals? Haha :redface:
why would you need to dispute my goals? Haha :redface:

Most men don't give two ****s about glute hypertrophy. It's an unusual interest to have.

With regards to the advice to squeeze your butt cheeks. It's not wrong per se but the important thing is to be able to do it and feel the glutes work on movements like the hip thrust.

Lie down on the floor and do a hip thrust. Take 4-5 seconds up and 4-5 seconds on the way down. While you do this, put a finger on each glute and feel the contraction. If you feel the movement primarily in your lower back or hamstrings, then you're doing it incorrectly (for this purpose) and you will need to play about with the movement. After a while, you will not need to move slowly to feel this contraction and load it heavily.

Eventually it may be useful to use a bench (or hip thrust bench) with a barbell to do the movement. In all honesty, this is probably a better glute hypertrophy movement than the squat. Plenty of small women are doing north of 100kg so no excuses for not hitting at least that for reps.

http://bretcontreras.com/how-to-hip-thrust/ will probably be somewhat useful to you as well.

Now go train :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest