The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

For encoding, duration and capacity in relation to the msm do you just say certain studies like Miller, Peterson + Peterson etc? I never knew these were for the multistore memory model...I thought they were just in general
Those studies are about privation for disruption its the PDD model and case study on John

Original post by xtenshiai
Hiiiiighly doubt that

Czech twins - Koluchova
Genie

Anyone know if we can use Hodges & Tizard too?
Original post by jaynamodi
Those studies are about privation for disruption its the PDD model and case study on John

Damn I gotta learn that then
Original post by geeee11
Can memory strategies come up as a 12 marker?

no, it can be a maximum of 6 marks
Original post by rswk
What research can be used for a 12 maker on disruption of attachment, would it be enough to just talk about Robertson and Robertson and their study of John and explain the 3 stages, what other research is there?

Say John is a case study therefore lacks generalisability etc. Can say that british children living in urban area's are generally used to being left as parents work therefore are used to seperation which opposes johns study.

However can say the positives of a case study such as it has rich qualitative uniqhe data etc

Can say that the studies have mundane realism etc.

Also can say that other factors may have contributed to effects such as quality, type of attachment, gender, age and previous experiences with seperation! (QTGAP)
Someone pls tell me the John study ao1
Good luck everyone!
Really Nervous :frown:
How is everyone feeling about this exam?
Original post by rswk
What research can be used for a 12 maker on disruption of attachment, would it be enough to just talk about Robertson and Robertson and their study of John and explain the 3 stages, what other research is there?

For disruption of attachment, could we use the study of Bowlby's 44 Juvenile Thieves?
Reply 1008
Original post by Fenicoteri
Say John is a case study therefore lacks generalisability etc. Can say that british children living in urban area's are generally used to being left as parents work therefore are used to seperation which opposes johns study.

However can say the positives of a case study such as it has rich qualitative uniqhe data etc

Can say that the studies have mundane realism etc.

Also can say that other factors may have contributed to effects such as quality, type of attachment, gender, age and previous experiences with seperation! (QTGAP)

Thank you! :smile:
Original post by rswk

I know the PDD model but not in relevance to John, but we were taught to use Bowlby's 44 thieves study
Original post by rswk

Sounds like enough but to be safe you could talk about Robertson and Robertson's study on Laura. She was hospitalised for a week. At first she begs for her parents to stay with her when they visit. Then slowly she has to cope with the disappointment. I guess you could use the PDD model with this too?
Original post by saraahaley
no, it can be a maximum of 6 marks

ah ok, thank you :smile:
Guys, say in the exam, i cannot remember the names of the researchers... If i write random names or no names at all, how many marks do i lose?
Good luck everyone for this exam! Nobody panic, do the exam and move on, exams are not everything! All you can do is try your best! And remember life is full of second chances, there are loads of options if you feel you have messed up! Good luck :smile:
Original post by Fenicoteri
For encoding, duration and capacity in relation to the msm do you just say certain studies like Miller, Peterson + Peterson etc? I never knew these were for the multistore memory model...I thought they were just in general

I literally just mention them in brackets, e.g.
-The STM has a duration of roughly 18 seconds (Peterson + Peterson) + has a capacity of 7+/-2 chunks (Miller) + mainly encodes info acoustically.
-The LTM has unlimited capacity + duration + encodes info semantically (Baddeley). Info can be recalled from the LTM back into the STM when it’s needed.

But also explain the sensory memory (i.e. large capacity but very brief duration!) Hope that helps
Original post by alevels2k15
Guys, say in the exam, i cannot remember the names of the researchers... If i write random names or no names at all, how many marks do i lose?

You won't lose marks just put "research shows...."

try to remember but if u cant, write "research has shown"
Original post by geeee11
You won't lose marks just put "research shows...."
Original post by xtenshiai
try to remember but if u cant, write "research has shown"

Thankyou!
Good luck! :biggrin:
Good luck everyone!
Really Nervous :frown:
How is everyone feeling about this exam?

Personally I'm extremely nervous:frown:
Can't stop using the toilet and trying to cram daycare -_-

Good luck!:smile:
[QUOTE="alevels2k15;55649017"]Guys, say in the exam, i cannot remember the names of the researchers... If i write random names or no names at all, how many marks do i lose?[/QUOTE

You can still get full marks if the study is accurate and able to be indentified. Do not make up names! just say "A researcher"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending