The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Had an awful ED night in a hotel I'm staying in. So upset over my training and need to get the courage up to go ad ask for help today. It's supposed to be offered to me - my access agreement said I should be approached because I can't ask for help but I've had nothing and now I need to step up and be brave.

I feel so scared and I'm not sure if I'm paranoid or everyone does generally hate my existence.

Might ask the disability department to get involved regarding my tutor wanting to extend my placement. Surely there's better ways for her to go about it rather than constantly knocking my confidence? I've already lost two weeks of progress because I've been so doubtful of my abilities that I just went through the motions.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ParadoxSocks
Had an awful ED night in a hotel I'm staying in. So upset over my training and need to get the courage up to go ad ask for help today. It's supposed to be offered to me - my access agreement said I should be approached because I can't ask for help but I've had nothing and now I need to step up and be brave.

I feel so scared and I'm not sure if I'm paranoid or everyone does generally hate my existence.

Might ask the disability department to get involved regarding my tutor wanting to extend my placement. Surely there's better ways for her to go about it rather than constantly knocking my confidence? I've already lost two weeks of progress because I've been so doubtful of my abilities that I just went through the motions.

:hugs: Best of luck Paradox.
Reposting this with an edit at the end which is now damn freaking me out.

Spoiler

In other news, I was at a family christening party yesterday and I couldn't cope. Too many strangers and people, and even my daddy could tell I was on edge; he told numerous of my younger cousins to stop annoying me or I would end up decking them one even though he usually lets me dish out the threats - I guess that was nice of him.

However, my cousin's husband said to me "Fran, you look so healthy and happy and alive!" and I immediately thought "Are you for real? I look like ****." Is it in my head? I dunno. :confused:
Original post by 1lastchance
hi,

I have been diagnosed with schizophrenia. I'm currently in hospital but hopefully I will be discharged soon. Thought I'd join to meet others who are going through similar experiences as me, to get support and give support. I look forward to getting to know people on this thread.

Hi and welcome to the MHSS! We're all a pretty friendly bunch, supporting and helping each other - I can't describe how much I love these guys ever since I arrived here mid-February, they're just great support. :smile:
i cannot do another night that bad. why the hell cant I sleep? 2 hours sleep ffs and this had been going on pretty much since I stopped mirtazapine. ****ing sick of it.
Original post by ScaryScience
i cannot do another night that bad. why the hell cant I sleep? 2 hours sleep ffs and this had been going on pretty much since I stopped mirtazapine. ****ing sick of it.

:hugs: Can you go back on the mirtazapine (sorry, can't remember why you stopped it! :tongue:)?
Original post by superwolf
:hugs: Can you go back on the mirtazapine (sorry, can't remember why you stopped it! :tongue:)?

I stopped it because my doctor never gave me enough to last until the time I could get another appointment. don't really want to go back on it because it does nothing for my mood and is so sedating I slept for 10 hours + and still felt rotten :sigh: just cant really handle the whole no sleep thing either. how are you doing? :hugs:
I stopped it because my doctor never gave me enough to last until the time I could get another appointment. don't really want to go back on it because it does nothing for my mood and is so sedating I slept for 10 hours + and still felt rotten :sigh: just cant really handle the whole no sleep thing either. how are you doing? :hugs:

Ah. That all sucks. :console:

I'm ok, at a bit of a loose end though. :colondollar:
Ah. That all sucks. :console:

I'm ok, at a bit of a loose end though. :colondollar:
In terms of not having anything to do, or ...?
In terms of not having anything to do, or ...?

Yep... :colondollar:
Yep... :colondollar:

:hugs: Do you have any crafting projects you're working on at the moment? Or maybe you could make a giant rainbow cake and share it with MHSS? :ninja: :worm: :gah: :tongue:
:hugs: Do you have any crafting projects you're working on at the moment? Or maybe you could make a giant rainbow cake and share it with MHSS? :ninja: :worm: :gah: :tongue:

Both good plans! :awesome: I think I'll start yet another crafting project. :tongue:
Both good plans! :awesome: I think I'll start yet another crafting project. :tongue:

PRSOM. Have fun crafting :smile:
Went to go and see my counsellor this morning and she sent out a email to all my teachers and they're going to let me go and work in the library if things get too much for me and i can't go back to class...

I also told her about the sleep thing and she's told me something that i can use to hopefully send me off to sleep... Went into school on about three and a half hours sleep...
Original post by Midnightmemories
Went to go and see my counsellor this morning and she sent out a email to all my teachers and they're going to let me go and work in the library if things get too much for me and i can't go back to class...

I also told her about the sleep thing and she's told me something that i can use to hopefully send me off to sleep... Went into school on about three and a half hours sleep...

Sounds horrendous. :jumphug: My med was causing me insomnia so they put me on zopiclone so I can get through my exams and school and all. Hopefully something will work for you!
Original post by CescaD96
Reposting this with an edit at the end which is now damn freaking me out.

Spoiler

In other news, I was at a family christening party yesterday and I couldn't cope. Too many strangers and people, and even my daddy could tell I was on edge; he told numerous of my younger cousins to stop annoying me or I would end up decking them one even though he usually lets me dish out the threats - I guess that was nice of him.

However, my cousin's husband said to me "Fran, you look so healthy and happy and alive!" and I immediately thought "Are you for real? I look like ****." Is it in my head? I dunno. :confused:

Reply:

Spoiler

On a happier note I spend five hours on roller skates yesterday and at one point took a hit that sent me flying though the air. It was a good day.Underneath is the latest annoyance on venlafaxine, ED TW

Spoiler

Original post by Valvopus
Reply:

Spoiler

On a happier note I spend five hours on roller skates yesterday and at one point took a hit that sent me flying though the air. It was a good day.Underneath is the latest annoyance on venlafaxine, ED TW

Spoiler

Spoiler

I've not been on roller skates in years! They used to hurt my ankles so much. You didn't hurt yourself, did you?

Spoiler

Original post by CescaD96
Sounds horrendous. :jumphug: My med was causing me insomnia so they put me on zopiclone so I can get through my exams and school and all. Hopefully something will work for you!

I have exams and i can't do them on little sleep. :cry:

My counsellor has told me to try this breathing technique thing to try if i suffer with it tonight...

I suppose I'm lucky that i've admitted to the college that I'm attending next year that in periods of high anxiety and stress i usually end up having sleep issues... Because then they won't be all surprised by it...

My counsellor has told me to try this breathing technique thing to try if i suffer with it tonight...

I suppose I'm lucky that i've admitted to the college that I'm attending next year that in periods of high anxiety and stress i usually end up having sleep issues... Because then they won't be all surprised by it...

What things have you tried to help you with sleeping? Have you tried to sleep with some sleep music on? It may not work straight away (or at all for you) but I found that it was quite helpful for me. It may take you a while with the music on to sleep, but you should drift off at some point :smile:

Do ask for something if the breathing techniques don't work. I got zopiclone because my A2 exams start on Wednesday! :eek:

Aye, at least they now know so they won't take it out on you next year.

Latest