Scroll to see replies

Original post by czj1997
i got loads of Cs though, not D...

I barely got Cs omg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BBeyond
yh i got 4 d's in a row around there :smile:

Phew :biggrin:

On a different note, I chose Context 2 since the 12 mark question on Context 1 really did put me off. For the 25 mark evaluative question, I essentially argued why the market "works" and that government intervention would treat the symptoms not tackle the cause of any problems in the car and energy markets - dunno how valid that is, but we'll see.
Oh and by the way for the Porduction Possibiltiy multiple choice question, I picked B (I think) - showing the goods and services a firm/economy can make with its limited resources.
Original post by TheGreatImposter
I barely got Cs omg

Posted from TSR Mobile

haahah omg i probably got them wrong, damn
Original post by czj1997
haahah omg i probably got them wrong, damn

No, If anything, I probably got them wrong :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Wawasan
Oh and by the way for the Porduction Possibiltiy multiple choice question, I picked B (I think) - showing the goods and services a firm/economy can make with its limited resources.

same :smile:
Original post by Wawasan

Did you pick showing the goods and services a firm/economy can make with its limited resource at this this period of time (or something similar) or only showing the goods and services a firm/economy can make with its limited resources? because these two were quite similar..
Original post by ridirahman
Did you pick showing the goods and services a firm/economy can make with its limited resource at this this period of time (or something similar) or only showing the goods and services a firm/economy can make with its limited resources? because these two were quite similar..

Yep - I think A was similar to B and I picked B. It was a bit ambiguous I thought - if only I coudl remember exactly what A read
The MCQs were pretty tough! I'm aiming for 20 on that, and 35 on the Data Response, but I didn't talk about government failure enough and basically said they were great . . . How many diagrams did everyone do? I did 2 for the 12 marker because I couldn't talk for that long about the price mechanism, and then 5 for the 25 marker, but I didn't finish the last one . . . :s-smilie:
For the definition of income inequality I put "uneven distribution of income throughout an economy". Will that be enough for 5 marks?
Reply 270
Original post by Wawasan
Good on the whole, I suspect grade boundaries will be a little bit lower than last year maybe.

I'm just wondering - for the multiple choice, did any of you end of with the answer D for questions 7, 8, 9 AND 10? Or something similar - I can't remember. I was a bit surprised to end up with four in a row but I suppose Iwas confident of the answer being D at the time!

why so? definitions werent bad, the context 1 25 marker was very general and you could talk about any market you wanted to (kind of) - so something you know best!

i don't think i did well but i can see people doing better since there was so much to talk about

does anyone have the actual MCQ questions and maybe answers so I can try remember and see what mark i got
Original post by Wawasan
Good on the whole, I suspect grade boundaries will be a little bit lower than last year maybe.

I'm just wondering - for the multiple choice, did any of you end of with the answer D for questions 7, 8, 9 AND 10? Or something similar - I can't remember. I was a bit surprised to end up with four in a row but I suppose Iwas confident of the answer being D at the time!

I got D for 5,6,7,8,9 and 10 lol
For question 2 on the multiple choice did you guys pick A - Delivery Van or B - Stocks & Shares?
Original post by jakelong1001
For question 2 on the multiple choice did you guys pick A - Delivery Van or B - Stocks & Shares?

Delivery van
Original post by jakelong1001

I picked A, but I think B is financial capital so who knows . . .
Original post by simran026
For the definition of income inequality I put "uneven distribution of income throughout an economy". Will that be enough for 5 marks?

i doubt it :frown: you didn't define income
Original post by Wawasan
Yep - I think A was similar to B and I picked B. It was a bit ambiguous I thought - if only I coudl remember exactly what A read

I think I picked B but my memory could be failing me . . .
what did you guys put for the MCQ question on the capital goods/derived demand?
I did context 1. i talked about subsidies, taxes and Max price level. And some of the adv and dis of them. However my conclusion was just:
Gov intervention may reduce market failure however it can lead to a further misallocation of resources. Will I lose marks?
Original post by Jupers
why so? definitions werent bad, the context 1 25 marker was very general and you could talk about any market you wanted to (kind of) - so something you know best!

i don't think i did well but i can see people doing better since there was so much to talk about

does anyone have the actual MCQ questions and maybe answers so I can try remember and see what mark i got

They weren't bad but I think that some elements of each question would have rendered a lot of students' performance to be below par - for instance, the definition of income inequality. Thus I'm guessing that on the whole, there might be a slight dip since it wasn't really a conventional exam, so to speak. But we shall see come August I guess :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending