The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Can somebody please explain what happened to KF and Clive Wearing? I know they're supporting evidence for some things but just wondering what they actually did.
Original post by 2cool4scool
Guys when describing the MSM/WMM do you need to know the details of the studies into capacity etc or can you just say 'Miller discovered that the capacity of the STM is 7+-2'???

You don't need to know the studies. You just state that 'the capacity of STM is 7+-2 items'

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1062
What are the predictions for this time?
Can a 12 maker come on memory strategies ? If yes how likely

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by millseat
Isn't deprivation studies of john, laura and the 4 children in foster care?

yes i wrote in a post after that, that i wrote about privation studies instead. sorry my bad
Can somebody please explain what happened to KF and Clive Wearing? I know they're supporting evidence for some things but just wondering what they actually did.

Both patients suffered damage to their STM, so they couldn't process new information, but they could still remember things that were stored in their LTM before their incidents occurred. This supports the idea of separate memory stores.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by M.Edres
Can a 12 maker come on memory strategies ? If yes how likely

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is very unlikely. There isn't enough criticisms for them or enough content.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Clive Wearing lost his declarative memory but still had his procedural memory ( he remembered how to play the piano) This suggests that LTM can be separated into two further unit stores :biggrin:
Can a 12 maker come up on 'influence of research into attachment and day care'

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GelukkigChloe
It is very unlikely. There isn't enough criticisms for them or enough content.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It could still come up. You would have to talk about all the memory strategies (or some in good detail) to build enough content and evaluate them
Original post by saraahaley
Clive Wearing lost his declarative memory but still had his procedural memory ( he remembered how to play the piano) This suggests that LTM can be separated into two further unit stores :biggrin:

Is declarative memory the same as episodic memory?
Reply 1071
Guys, would you still get marks in evaluation if you spoke about validity and ethics of a procedure
Original post by GelukkigChloe
You don't need to know the studies. You just state that 'the capacity of STM is 7+-2 items'

Posted from TSR Mobile

You do need to know the studies. The question could up up in any form such as: 'Outline one study that discuss the capacity of LTM'. Answer: Wagenaar (1986) Tested himself on recall of 2,400 events in a diary over 6 years and found recall to be excellend suggesting the LTM is capacity is extremely large.
Original post by Cfb4
Guys, would you still get marks in evaluation if you spoke about validity and ethics of a procedure

Yes, that would be evaluating the study
Reply 1074
Original post by undine_monty
Yes, that would be evaluating the study

Ok cool, I just wanted to make sure
Original post by Cfb4

Of course! Talking about ecological validity/ population validity and ethical issues are some of the easiest eval points, definitely use them!!!
Reply 1076
Really hoping daycare doesn't come up!
Original post by rswk
When answering the question on misleading information on EWT, is one research study enough for a 12 marker?

If it says 'one or more' always try and do the more. That was the 12 marker on May 2014 wasnt it?
I'm hoping for the Cognitive Interview :smile:
Original post by Cfb4

I think so! If you cant remember evaluation, think about the methodology - Lab experiment for example so low ecological validity, demand characteristics etc
Reply 1079
Original post by Gingerwolf96
If it says 'one or more' always try and do the more. That was the 12 marker on May 2014 wasnt it?
I'm hoping for the Cognitive Interview :smile:

I'd like that one too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending