The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The awkward moment when you throw up before your first GCSE in front of your whole year....

^ will I get any extra marks for this lol. Worth a try?
How was the exams guys?

I think it went alright for me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TH3-FL45H
How was the exams guys?

I think it went alright for me

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which exam? I just had Edexcel Religion and Life, I thought it went well.
Just done OCR Ethics 1 and 2, Ethics 1 was a lovely paper but I didn't like the second one too much! How did everyone else find exams this morning?
Original post by Nomes24
Which exam? I just had Edexcel Religion and Life, I thought it went well.

I did OCR Ethics

Original post by emmaalouisee
Just done OCR Ethics 1 and 2, Ethics 1 was a lovely paper but I didn't like the second one too much! How did everyone else find exams this morning?

I thought the same although I found it to be alright. Did you talk about pluralism and exclusivism in the one about attracting new people? Also what did you put in the one about why justice is important?

I'm hoping for an A in this one. Although I don't know how to gauge how well I did because in the practise ones I've done I felt like I done the same on two different papers but then I end up with a b and an a*

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just had edexcel r.e messed it up big time 😭
Original post by Jess1599
I just had edexcel r.e messed it up big time 😭

Don't worry they are only GCSES. Are you doing it for A level?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TH3-FL45H
I did OCR Ethics

I thought the same although I found it to be alright. Did you talk about pluralism and exclusivism in the one about attracting new people? Also what did you put in the one about why justice is important?

I'm hoping for an A in this one. Although I don't know how to gauge how well I did because in the practise ones I've done I felt like I done the same on two different papers but then I end up with a b and an a*

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did these papers too; I did mention exclusivist, Inclusivist and Pluralist views in that followers question but I don't think you needed to; I just had time spare 😉 and I did the justice one in two parts (social justice and criminal justice) for social I put because everyone is equal so deserves same rights (insert quotes) and for criminal I put so they can acknowledge their sin, repent and reform as if justice was not done they would just think it's okay (completely went out on a limb there) but yeah I am hoping it went fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
was the part d on beliefs on marriage? or marriage ceremony? for the relationshiops question
Original post by jimbob52
was the part d on beliefs on marriage? or marriage ceremony? for the relationshiops question

That is what I am really really worried about. If It wasn't for that question I would be really confident but I did it on the ceremony and now I think back it said "marriage". Hopefully it will be generous, but what would we even put for how marriage reflects Christian beliefs?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone did the maths igcse paper 4 today? (extended)
Original post by jimbob52

Original post by isabellagrace
That is what I am really really worried about. If It wasn't for that question I would be really confident but I did it on the ceremony and now I think back it said "marriage". Hopefully it will be generous, but what would we even put for how marriage reflects Christian beliefs?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by SulemanMazzar
Anyone did the maths igcse paper 4 today? (extended)

Hi guys,

Please keep discussion to the Chat threads and not the sentiment thread. :h:

Many thanks :h:
I did these papers too; I did mention exclusivist, Inclusivist and Pluralist views in that followers question but I don't think you needed to; I just had time spare 😉 and I did the justice one in two parts (social justice and criminal justice) for social I put because everyone is equal so deserves same rights (insert quotes) and for criminal I put so they can acknowledge their sin, repent and reform as if justice was not done they would just think it's okay (completely went out on a limb there) but yeah I am hoping it went fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

You only mentioned it? Thats what I based my answer on. How pluralists would not care about attracting new followers and exclusivists would want to evangelise/proselytise. What else did you put in this one?

Yeah I did the same - both social and criminal justice but I wasn't sure whether I was supposed to or not. Phew.

Posted from TSR Mobile

**** I did the ceremony too. Is there anything that we can put for how marriage reflects Christian beliefs? Unless we say what the purpose of marriage is like 'two become one flesh' shows how God wanted couples to have a special bond which marriage gives them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What's the maximum mark you could get if you only wrote 4 lines of your own opinion on the e question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by emmaalouisee

I completely agree, Ethics 1 was nice! Yeah Ethics 2 wasn't as great but I think it could have been a lot worse so I'm quite happy :smile:
In my OCR Ethics exam today, we had to write the title of the exam on the cover page of the exam and I think we were supposed to write it in capital letters which I didn't do on the first paper. Does this matter at all? I wrote my name in capital letters so will it all be okay?
Original post by Purple-Pixie
In my OCR Ethics exam today, we had to write the title of the exam on the cover page of the exam and I think we were supposed to write it in capital letters which I didn't do on the first paper. Does this matter at all? I wrote my name in capital letters so will it all be okay?

Should be nothing to worry about :smile:
Anyone do aqa re st marks gospel today? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did xp Which did you choose from the insert, B5 or B6?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Purple-Pixie

They care more about candidate number or centre number- nothing to worry about!

Latest