The Student Room Group

CCEA Economics A21

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by derrylad2
Yeah I did that did you do like de merit good diagrams and merit good diagrams? I though the answer to the first part of the question was vegue enough. But by evaluate do mean basically give positives and negatives of the policies then say if they would be useful or not?

Yeah sounds like we did the same sort of stuff
Original post by Derrylad
Yeah, you never know you could be right some smart people in my class did that aswell!
It was poorly worded though!

Although my class is already expecting special consideration as we had a 10 minute disturbance of someone collapsing in our exam and they were rather loud and took forever to get out, so many that will help any thing I got wrong.
Reply 22
Original post by Penguinfarts
Although my class is already expecting special consideration as we had a 10 minute disturbance of someone collapsing in our exam and they were rather loud and took forever to get out, so many that will help any thing I got wrong.

Wow that's crazy!
Yeah sounds like we did the same sort of stuff

Hopefully enough to get near fill marks do you think??
Reply 24
Hopefully enough to get near fill marks do you think??

Hopefully I felt like I hit most of the points, also I think most people found the paper quite easy so the scaling may not be as generous as in recent years
Hopefully I felt like I hit most of the points, also I think most people found the paper quite easy so the scaling may not be as generous as in recent years

Economics rarely changes from the 80 70 60 model, the papers are generally rather fair.
1b was very badly worded and there is an argument for both monopoly and monopolistic. It'll be interesting to see how ccea mark it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Economics rarely changes from the 80 70 60 model, the papers are generally rather fair.

Yes it does roughly 28/40 is an a which is significantly less than 80%. Don't know what it's like for an a* though.
Yes it does roughly 28/40 is an a which is significantly less than 80%. Don't know what it's like for an a* though.

Are you pushing for an a*??
Reply 29
Are you pushing for an a*??

Yes my teacher says around 34 etc but I got 93% last year and I think my raw mark was just over 64/80. I might be wrong though
Reply 30
Original post by RuairiJH
1b was very badly worded and there is an argument for both monopoly and monopolistic. It'll be interesting to see how ccea mark it

Posted from TSR Mobile

It will indeed be interesting, what did you go for monopoly or monopolistic
It will indeed be interesting, what did you go for monopoly or monopolistic

I went for monopoly but I did a note that I wasn't sure what they were meaning and I did half a page about on monopolistic

It was such a bad question though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes my teacher says around 34 etc but I got 93% last year and I think my raw mark was just over 64/80. I might be wrong though

Yeah same I got 97 in the first unit then a 67 in the second but am repeating the 67 one. But I wanna get a a* or an a

Ok I just checked my raw marks from last year and you are right, my teacher has been lying to me for the past 2 years then xD which isn't a surprise because she can barely teach (she doesn't understand exchange rates and she gave us the wrong diagram for sale and revenue maximisation)
Ok I just checked my raw marks from last year and you are right, my teacher has been lying to me for the past 2 years then xD which isn't a surprise because she can barely teach (she doesn't understand exchange rates and she gave us the wrong diagram for sale and revenue maximisation)

Just correcting myself, she has been lying for 4 years as I just checked my gcse results as well :smile:
Reply 35
Just correcting myself, she has been lying for 4 years as I just checked my gcse results as well :smile:

Probably just to act as an incentive to work harder! Or maybe she is smart enough to do that!
Reply 36
Probably just to act as an incentive to work harder! Or maybe she is smart enough to do that!

*isnt
*isnt

Na she is an idiot, I have been teaching my class for the past 4 years :colondollar:
Reply 38
Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by RuairiJH
I went for monopoly but I did a note that I wasn't sure what they were meaning and I did half a page about on monopolistic

It was such a bad question though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow so you did monopoly, oligopoly and monopolistic ! lol but yeah your right it was a really poorly worded question i only went with monopoly over monopolistic because in the text it said combined market share of over 28% which is over 25% which is how competition commission defines monopoly.
Btw what kind of notes do you guys have on the EU? As my notes for the ECB are terrible which is why it is the topic i hate the most in A22

Quick Reply

Latest