The Student Room Group

AS AQA Sociology Families + Households

Scroll to see replies

xxxvine just realised you beat me to it haha! yeah I'm adamant it'll be feminism tomorrow. It hasn't been questioned in the last 6 exams, yet there is so much to write on it!
Reply 21
Do we need to remember dates for sociologists?
[QUOTE=KopiteMoss;55655415]xxxvine just realised you beat me to it haha! yeah I'm adamant it'll be feminism tomorrow. It hasn't been questioned in the last 6 exams, yet there is so much to write on it!

whicj key points would u include ?
Reply 23
Original post by KopiteMoss
xxxvine just realised you beat me to it haha! yeah I'm adamant it'll be feminism tomorrow. It hasn't been questioned in the last 6 exams, yet there is so much to write on it!

For the examine or assess? How would you assess it?
For examine break it down into liberal, radical, marxist and difference as a structure. For assess do the same, but use use functionalist/marxist/PM explanations to critique it: e.g. functionalism v marxist-feminism - they ignore how these reproduced values help maintain social solidarity; Marxism v radical feminism - they ignore class oppression, etc.
Reply 25
You know the child support agency act when was that passed and what was that exactly?
Original post by Tj789

No, it's not even essential you remember all the sociologists names, it's the names of their theories that are important. E.g. you will be credited more for remembering 'Correspondence theory' than remembering Bowles and Gintis.
For a feminism 24mk what would you include?
Do you think childhood will come up, that was my teachers prediction
Original post by Jack18656
For a feminism 24mk what would you include?

Break down into 'liberal', 'radical', 'marxist' and 'difference'. Then...

Liberal - 'march of progress', changing attitudes, law reform

Marxist - reproduction of labour force, absorb men anger, reserve army of cheap labour

Radical - men benefit from women's unpaid domestic labour and sexual services, men dominate through domestic violence, political lesbianism

Difference - women do not share same experiences universally, depends on class, ethicity, etc
Reply 30
Please can someone explain to me what age patriarchy is, its so vague and waffled in my text book.
Original post by Tj789
Please can someone explain to me what age patriarchy is, its so vague and waffled in my text book.

isnt age patriarchy where children are dominated by adults and they dont have any rights ?
Reply 32
Original post by anilmg98
isnt age patriarchy where children are dominated by adults and they dont have any rights ?

It should be- in my book it gets quite confusong because it says children try to resist the status of childhood but acting up or down- which makes no sense.
Reply 33
Original post by anilmg98

It should be- in my book it gets quite confusing because it says children try to resist the status of childhood but acting up or down- which makes no sense.
Gittins is the one who talks about age of patriarchy, that childhood still exist, as parents a dominant over children's bodies, therefore parents are reliable for children and economically dependent
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 35
You know for the 24 marker on feminism.....do you only talk about feminism or do you criticise the theory with other perspectives such as marxism and functionalism?
Original post by Tj789

nope
Original post by xxvine
You know for the 24 marker on feminism.....do you only talk about feminism or do you criticise the theory with other perspectives such as marxism and functionalism?

We always need to criticise as AO2 consists of criticisms
Just so people are clear, 'assess' and 'examine' questions ARE THE SAME!
Reply 39
Original post by elizaveta
We always need to criticise as AO2 consists of criticisms

Hey what are the AO's exactly?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending