The Student Room Group

OCR MEI - C1 - 13th May 2015

Discuss.

Unofficial markscheme (It's rushed and it's not 100% right, FEEL FREE TO CORRECT BY COMMENTING)

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3322523
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

who the hell revises c1 lol
Original post by CancerousProblem
who the hell revises c1 lol

You do realise you're not impressing anyone right?
Original post by alex2100x
You do realise you're not impressing anyone right?

woah that wasnt my intention man back the heck off
i was just confused to what the point of the tread was
(edited 8 years ago)
woah that wasnt my intention man back the heck off
i was just confused to what the point of the tread (think you mean thread bro) was

If you are confused as to what the point of this thread is then I would suggest reading the main body, it explains the purpose well enough. But seeing as you've posted here wondering what it's for you must be a little slow so I'll break it down.

This thread is for people taking the c1 exam to discuss (this means talk about) the exam.

Got it?

Let me know if I've used any big words you can't understand.
(edited 8 years ago)
I have revised my arse off for core 1 better be a good paper!
Original post by geewalshie
I have revised my arse off for core 1 better be a good paper!

Good luck man I did this paper a few years ago. I'm sure you'll smash it.
Good luck man I did this paper a few years ago. I'm sure you'll smash it.

Thank you :smile: I will try my hardest!
understand.

what does this word mean

acting all tough and thinking you're better just cause you can look up big words and copy and paste them in, you're not impressing anyone
Reply 9
I have spoken to a few people about c1, the general consensus is that you shouldn't overlook it. Revise in the days leading up to the exam and you should be fine.

I know someone who is taking this exam for the fourth time on Wednesday.
I was alright with c1 at the start of the year, forgot about it kind of until a few months ago, now realised that I'm really relying on this to boost my grade what with c2 being :angry:. It's an important exam!
Original post by Smithh98

I know someone who is taking this exam for the fourth time on Wednesday.

lol why? wtf? four times?
Reply 12
What does everyone think the hardest questions are on C1? Feel free to say anything!
Reply 13
Original post by Slenderman
What does everyone think the hardest questions are on C1? Feel free to say anything!

I dont think any questions are difficult, so to speak, more in the manner in which they ask can confuse people. I've nearly been caught out by awkward wording of questions, cant cite any, but I know I have been. For me, personally my weakest area is most likely indices, (like the more complex ones where you have to get the same number etc.) and circles. My main problem in these exams is that I rush and drop ridiculously dumb marks. I know I can get 72/72 if I dont make a silly mistake, but fingers crossed, on the day I actually do that!
Reply 14
Yeah sometimes the wording does screw you over.
Reply 15
The hardest thing about C1 is not making stupid mistakes, so read the question carefully and check your answers at the end.
lol why? wtf? four times?

Jan 2013 - u
June 2013 - u
June 2014 - c
June 2015 - hoping for an a i think
Original post by Smithh98
Jan 2013 - u
June 2013 - u
June 2014 - c
June 2015 - hoping for an a i think

like how
u on c1...
Reply 18
Original post by ahmsc
The hardest thing about C1 is not making stupid mistakes, so read the question carefully and check your answers at the end.

The amount I relate to this 😂
Reply 19
Original post by ahmsc

Just did a mock, got 70/72, dropped a mark because I did, -9/2=-9 😂😂 FUUUU-
Then the other one I dropped, I worked out the c of a graph which was 2 then drew it through the origin *facepalm*
c1, whyyy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending