The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Hoping for day on aggression/peer relations :biggrin:
Original post by emilialucy
Hoping for day on aggression/peer relations :biggrin:

anything but that
Good luck everyone! My predictions are 12 marker on bowlby, 8 on multi store model and 6 on daycare
Original post by help!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so ****ing nervous I hate exams. **** my life...

lmao
Reply 1104
Original post by emmacls12
Good luck everyone! My predictions are 12 marker on bowlby, 8 on multi store model and 6 on daycare

If your predictions are right, I'll be the happiest person alive!
My predictions:
12 WMM or MSM
8 Bowlby or Learning Theory
something on day care
Off to the exam now. Good luck!! Even if you don't do well, don't worry it's not the end of the world
That exam was perfect i'm so happy!!!!!
Reply 1108
It was soooo good :biggrin:
What was the 12 market?

Posted from TSR Mobile
they asked about attachment in different cultures right?
Was sooo goodddd!!!!!! Best paper, but unit 2 will be hard now and grade boundaries
Anyone else think there was far too many 2 markers to be an AS exam..
😂
Omg it was amazing!!!!!!!
Original post by KylieemilyJ
Anyone else think there was far too many 2 markers to be an AS exam..
😂

there was sooo many 2 markers, bet you they are going to be stingy with mark allocation!!
SO IM SO HAPPY! I'd gotten like NO REVISION IN ON DAY CARE AND ATTACHMENT!!!!

But I had to blag on the 12 marker :frown: How did you all find it?

I swear we always go into the exams
with the expectations of hard ass questions and then we realise that they were nice to us this year ;-)
Reply 1116
What did you guys put about the difference between insecure-avoidant and insecure-attachment
Reply 1117
The paper was pretty straightforward!

I messed up completely on the anxiety/eyewitness testimony one though. I started writing about a study i saw on TV in hopes of getting marks.
The rest i think was a walk in the park..

For Bowlby, what did you guys write to evaluate? I wrote about Harlow's continuity supporting it, Lorenz' imprinting supporting it and Tronick et al. supporting it with monotropic bonds. Then I wrote as an evaluation point that Rutter & Schafer & Emerson had done studies on multiple attachments which Bowlby had not accounted for, and about the temperament hypothesis being unexplained in Bowlby's theory.
So for the 12 mark question I blanked out when it came to evaluation points. So, i went with the (W) Czech Twins and (S) Genie and linked them back to what the theory suggests.

Does anyone know if either of them are right, or will at least pick up a few marks?
Original post by AnonymousRutter
So for the 12 mark question I blanked out when it came to evaluation points. So, i went with the (W) Czech Twins and (S) Genie and linked them back to what the theory suggests.

Does anyone know if either of them are right, or will at least pick up a few marks?

I did exactly the same as you (but a few more in) and they're perfectly acceptable evaluation points! As long as you say that Genie supports Bowlby's sensitive period/continuity hypothesis/internal working model and that the Czech twins oppose those three things, you should be fine :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending