The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by K3lvin
tbh it was a good paper the 2 marker annoyed me but i felt i got 60+, i to expect high boundaries but the paper was nice,
could someone just clarify some queries i have and to see what mark i would get would u say

Limitation of multi store model
model supporting lacks validity due to most studies being in lab reducing ecologica validity and cant be generalised so thats a weakness and also
the model is overcomplicated as some are overcomplicated such as the stm and ltm and there features as well as the way information is passed through(kinda guessed that one) out of 4

limitation of anxiety on ewt is that protection of participants could be in stressful situations due to presence of observer so ehtical issues are a problem out of 2

Also strength of the strange situation is that it was a lab experiment so the ev could be minimised as far as possible and also cause effect could be established

Also secure attachment i said a strong emotional bond between the infant and pcg(kinda guessed)

someone tell me the marks you think i would receive because of this thank you
omg thats what i wrote!!! i hope there right i have a feeling there are! wish you the best! :biggrin:
Original post by Fleming1928
I outlined the features of the secure attachment in the strange situation eg they are willing to explore and use the mother as base, they have quite high separation and stranger anxiety etc. Would this be the correct answer?

that's the same thing I did
Original post by chloenew23
deffo messed up on most of the 2 markers oops...

in unit 2, can we get a 24 marker???
as someone just mentioned it, and i didnt think we could..:/

I was joking, god no.
Original post by Mwo
Im stressing out so much, think i did a-okay on most of the paper, but 1 or 2 marks on the EWT anxiety one. That's like at least 4 marks dropped Idk if i can make an A out of it bc i will probably have inevitably dropped marks on things that I thought i did right D::

Stop panicking! There's no point in stressing yourself out over every mark you think you've lost:smile: there's still unit 2 to bring up your grade. Have hope my friend :smile:
Original post by Tylerrrrr
That's what I did, I didn't actually know a proper definition

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats what i did as well. Just said it was a very strong emotional bond as well at the end haha
Original post by Romanoff
That was one of the easiest Psya1 papers I've ever seen. Grade boundaries will be sky high.

I'd beg to differ. Most of the students here will be of the more intelligent region, as they're more actively involved in the subject with extra revision and research and so makes it seem like everybody has done well.

I imagine a lot of people doing psychology would have tripped up on the smaller 2 and 4 markers, losing marks here and there and especially the 12 marker, where there wasn't a range of studies you could use for AO1 but instead just Bowlby's theory, I suspect many people will slip up and lose several marks there. For A02 a lot of people seemed to have struggled from what I heard, so i'm hoping the grade boundaries will be average. I'll be surprised if they're high.
Original post by Sarah2121
"Secure attachment is an emotional bond between children and caregivers"
Just checked and this is what it said, it confused me

I put Secure attachment was a strong emotional bond between a parent and child

No idea.
Reply 1247
Original post by Lularose83
Stop panicking! There's no point in stressing yourself out over every mark you think you've lost:smile: there's still unit 2 to bring up your grade. Have hope my friend :smile:

Alright! I kinda needed some reassuring i guess haha... I'm gonna revise loads next weekend for Unit 2 so good luck to you too!
Original post by Sarah2121
"Secure attachment is an emotional bond between children and caregivers"
Just checked and this is what it said, it confused me

I thought that was the definition of "attachment"....emotional bond between children and caregivers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did everyone put for the 6 marker on ethical issues for the strange situation?!
Reply 1250
Was going to drop psychology, but considering how easy this exam was I had to reconsider. Then I realised after the exam that I wrote about WMM instead of MSM Guess I'm dropping this **** for A2. U guys are lucky, u have idiots like me dropping the grade boundaries!! gl
On the twelve marker I wrote Bowlby's evolutionary theory and advantages and disadvantages but I forgot some points so I drew symbols and wrote paragraphs e.g. more advantages and disadvantages before placing the symbols where those paragraphs should be. Will I lose loads of marks?
for the 12 marker I used bowlby evolutionary theory with Adaptive, social releasers, critical period, monotropy and internal working model as AO1 and then as AO2 I used supporting and contradicting research and evaluated them. is that okay?
Original post by emilialucy
I put Secure attachment was a strong emotional bond between a parent and child

No idea.

I put absolutely everything I knew on secure attachments, had no idea what the mark scheme would want. But yeah put that too, but thought I may as well explain what behaviour infants with secure attachments show and other random stuff. Surely they won't mark me down for blabbing on about secure attachments, hope not anyway.
I'm hoping the mark scheme will be generous, am I the only one who was never shown a definition?
Original post by wabbit998
for A02 on the 12 marker i said that it undermines the role that the father plays in development due to secondary attachment. Is that creditworthy?

Yeah that was a study carried out by grossman and grossman

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Naga1
Was going to drop psychology, but considering how easy this exam was I had to reconsider. Then I realised after the exam that I wrote about WMM instead of MSM Guess I'm dropping this **** for A2. U guys are lucky, u have idiots like me dropping the grade boundaries!! gl

If you absolutely aced the rest of the exam, you'll only have dropped 6 marks. Positive thinking!! haha :smile:
Original post by MattSJTS
I'd beg to differ. Most of the students here will be of the more intelligent region, as they're more actively involved in the subject with extra revision and research and so makes it seem like everybody has done well.

I imagine a lot of people doing psychology would have tripped up on the smaller 2 and 4 markers, losing marks here and there and especially the 12 marker, where there wasn't a range of studies you could use for AO1 but instead just Bowlby's theory, I suspect many people will slip up and lose several marks there. For A02 a lot of people seemed to have struggled from what I heard, so i'm hoping the grade boundaries will be average. I'll be surprised if they're high.

Can't deny the fact that it was an extremely easy paper in comparison to past papers though, no questions with long, boring stems and no questions involving day care/disruption/privation - all those long ones people usually tend to struggle on.

The research methods questions were so easy too, no difficult figures to interpret or chart drawing.

Praise da lord hallelujah jezuz on a bike
Original post by mercuryman
tops 81% for an A no higher no lower ( 58/72)

Are you sure? Seems quite low, how much for a B?
Reply 1258
Original post by MattSJTS
If you absolutely aced the rest of the exam, you'll only have dropped 6 marks. Positive thinking!! haha :smile:

Wasn't there 6 marks + the 4 for evaluation in the second part of the question?

10 marks, R.I.P lol
Original post by geeee11
What did everyone put for the 6 marker on ethical issues for the strange situation?!

yeah i really struggled with this one as well. I put child used so parents need to give informed consent, child being very distressed and causing psychological harm, giving the mum the right to withdraw at any time if the baby seemed distressed and debriefing the mum.

Had no idea about the ethical issues of strange situation so i doubt any of those will get marks hahaha kinda just guessed and tried to apply ethical issues to S.S hahaha oh well

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending