Original post by HeavisideDelts
you need to stop crying bro, tories one

Do you mean won? lmao
Original post by Elcor
Do you mean won? lmao

yeah i do lol. that was a stupid moment haha

Just to let you know. I hate the tories. Uh oh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths

Posted from TSR Mobile

ok and why do i care?
ok and why do i care?

Did I say you did? Don't think I did...-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Goods
You're in favour of the abolition of the human rights act? The introduction of invasive communications monitoring.
The reduction environmental subsidies.
The confirmation of TTIP and 780m worth on nhs privatisation. You like the idea of proliferating a low wage culture through zeros hours contracts and apprenticeships who can be paid less that half the minimum wage? You think that schools should be built on the basis of where demand is highest and not where the need is greatest? You think young people should have to bare the burden of upwards of £50000 worth of debt and support them on the basis of there previous manifesto in raising fees even further. You don't mind the monopolies of media corporations that skew and spin the news for personal gain?

A lot of people voted conservative wanting the policies of the coalition without an understanding of what a wholly conservative government would entail. But whatever I'm at Cambridge so its not like their policies will directly harm me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sounds like you're advocating government control of the media..?

I wonder how that could possibly go wrong...
Did I say you did? Don't think I did...-

Posted from TSR Mobile

you feeling the need to quote and tell me of your political views, implies that you did...

its axiomatic
you feeling the need to quote and tell me of your political views, implies that you did...

its axiomatic

Does it imply this?
Is it axiomatic in this 'conjecture'.

Posted from TSR Mobile

its axiomatic

Btw I like trolling people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Goods
You're in favour of the abolition of the human rights act? The introduction of invasive communications monitoring.
The confirmation of TTIP and 780m worth on nhs privatisation. You like the idea of proliferating a low wage culture through zeros hours contracts and apprenticeships who can be paid less that half the minimum wage? You think that schools should be built on the basis of where demand is highest and not where the need is greatest? You think young people should have to bare the burden of upwards of £50000 worth of debt and support them on the basis of there previous manifesto in raising fees even further. You don't mind the monopolies of media corporations that skew and spin the news for personal gain?

A lot of people voted conservative wanting the policies of the coalition without an understanding of what a wholly conservative government would entail. But whatever I'm at Cambridge so its not like their policies will directly harm me.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Cases like Abu Qatada indicate that there are at least some negatives to the Human Rights Act though don't they? I have to agree on the 'free schools' policy though, I'm not comfortable with the idea that business can fund their own schools...you would think that some people would have ulterior motives.

(Not arguing with you, just want to see what people think about the Human Rights Act. A lot of people I know see the word 'human rights' and instantly assume that it's a good thing and that abolishing it is the greatest evil possible, when it's probably a more complex issue than that)
Original post by Goods

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes
Lol is anyone else bothered about getting 100 UMS in exams. I want it but dont know why im aiming for 100s.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol is anyone else bothered about getting 100 UMS in exams. I want it but dont know why im aiming for 100s.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm DEFINITELY not gonna get as high UMS as I did last year. Everything's gotten harder, but the grade boundaries have stayed the same (since the standard's better at A2). If I meet my offer it won't be by a stunning victory haha.
Original post by tomfailinghelp
Sounds like you're advocating government control of the media..?

I wonder how that could possibly go wrong...

I don't mind private ownership. I dislike the idea of a single individual owning a majority of the countries media. There are laws against such market dominance in other area's and so it seems ludicrous that we allow one individual to have so much power sway our governments, our politics and as a direct consequence our day to day lives.

Most news outlets exhibit obviously biased, is it really democratic therefore that we allow such large news corporations to exist?

If the significant tax cut my parents will be given by the government each year means that one more family goes hungry, cannot find social housing, cannot afford to buy new clothes or heat their home or if indeed it mean that one more young man commits suicide because his mental health is not seen as a real issue. Then I will cry that our society is swept so far to the right that it has forgotten the liberal values on which we used to pride ourselves.

Why does my family deserve a tax cut when so many of the poorest in society will feel the burden of austerity far more than I?

(Tax threshold for higher rate will be raised to 50000 from ~32000 hence paying 20% less tax on £18000 roughly £3600 a year)
Original post by Goods
I don't mind private ownership. I dislike the idea of a single individual owning a majority of the countries media. There are laws against such market dominance in other area's and so it seems ludicrous that we allow one individual to have so much power sway our governments, our politics and as a direct consequence our day to day lives.

Most news outlets exhibit obviously biased, is it really democratic therefore that we allow such large news corporations to exist?

*cough* Rupert Murdoch *cough*

Since Thatcher, whichever party Murdoch's papers were biased towards have gone into government. We saw the exact same thing this year with the Tories. It's disgusting. Makes me think UK citizens are sheeple.
Original post by EHZ17
yes

just checking!

http://www.cuca.org.uk/ have fun !

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hate is a strong word, even I although adamantly opposed to many of their ideologies and policies wouldn't say that I hate them. The world is not that black and white. The conservative movement is not inherently evil.

Mr university challenge wrote a nice article about it in the tab. http://cambridge.tab.co.uk/2015/05/09/can-nice-politics/
Original post by Goods
just checking!

http://www.cuca.org.uk/ have fun !

CUCA's society colour looks suspiciously like Oxford's blue...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Goods
Hate is a strong word, even I although adamantly opposed to many of their ideologies and policies wouldn't say that I hate them. The world is not that black and white. The conservative movement is not inherently evil.

Mr university challenge wrote a nice article about it in the tab. http://cambridge.tab.co.uk/2015/05/09/can-nice-politics/

He should have concluded with

HAPAX LEGOMENON

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending