The Student Room Group

OCR F581 Markets in Action - 11 May 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mrmillion51
What did you guys right for the public good question (6 marks)?

1 or 2 points on how it could be construed as being a public good and a point on how it isn't
Original post by *Stefan*
You mean the economic problem I assume (not allocative efficiency).

You should specify that logic, since it was limited, producers had to make a choice on what to produce. If you did, it's 4 easy marks (with the addition of the definition of course).

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes sorry economic problem . lol
Original post by Mrmillion51
What did you guys right for the public good question (6 marks)?

They could be considered public goods only when they have the non-rivalry and non-excludability features. Then explained the other types and how these may apply. And then the evaluation based on the analysis.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1943
UNOFFICIAL MARK SCHEME bottom of the page has predicted grade made by the students. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzxaz1IcDuQMQ1NFWW9JelJwa0k/view
You mean the economic problem I assume (not allocative efficiency).

You should specify that logic, since it was limited, producers had to make a choice on what to produce. If you did, it's 4 easy marks (with the addition of the definition of course).

Posted from TSR Mobile

For the public good question i said they are non-rivalry as the consumption of one person does not affect consumption of others, but then i said if somebody litters the rivers and land this could could affect the consumption of the land and rivers of other people. I also said they could become over-populated. I also said that the land rivers could be privatley owned making it non-excluade to a certain extent. I wasnt sure how to explain free-rider so just defined it. Is this correct?
Original post by Yousf
For the public good question i said they are non-rivalry as the consumption of one person does not affect consumption of others, but then i said if somebody litters the rivers and land this could could affect the consumption of the land and rivers of other people. I also said they could become over-populated. I also said that the land rivers could be privatley owned making it non-excluade to a certain extent. I wasnt sure how to explain free-rider so just defined it. Is this correct?

Mostly correct, yes.

The part that says "could affect the consumption of the land" is wrong though. It would affect the non-excludability aspect.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mostly correct, yes.

The part that says "could affect the consumption of the land" is wrong though. It would affect the non-excludability aspect.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oops wasnt mean to say consumption of land. -.-
Reply 1947
It has an Illuminati vibe to it :P

I wonder whose idea this was!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahahha do you all go to the same school?
Original post by TazLi
Hahahha do you all go to the same school?

Haha no. I have been talking with some of the guys though :P

Those triangular eyes were pretty disturbing at a first glance :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1949
All I'm saying is that this paper wasn't the easiest. I'd say relatively low grade boundaries. The unofficial Mark scheme is a good indicator. Hope everyone did ok.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is it okay to draw diagrams in pencil??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hammy_23
Is it okay to draw diagrams in pencil??

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes, said so on the front page
I've updated the mark scheme to correct some mistakes people pointed out.
Diagrams for the demand/supply question have been added too.
We are still not sure what the correct answer was though.
Please remember that
This is an unofficial mark scheme. Just because we did not mention something, it does not mean that its wrong. OCR have several meetings during the marking periods and will alter their mark schemes according to how different candidates answered the questions for this paper
Consider this a "first draft" of what the final mark scheme will look like from OCR.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3316517
that paper was soo hard!
Don't worry, guys.
Most of the students found this paper quite difficult and controversial, so grade boundaries should be pretty low!
E.g. in the June 2013 paper (which was piss-easy) you only needed 44 marks for an A, here it should be even lower.
Also, we wouldn't be able to resit the exam anymore, so OCR hopefully will take it into consideration.
I talked about neg and subsidies that wrong.. :frown:
I wrote the entire essay fine but instead of the subsidy decreasing the Under-Production I talked about how it shifted supply which decreased the Under-Consumption.

Any issues with this??? D:
Original post by Kitty260
I talked about neg and subsidies that wrong.. :frown:

If you talked about negative externalities you are correct, because the subsidies meant more biofuel which would reduce feritily of land and ruin landscape, so local community scenery is destroyed..
Question didn't ask about the case study, so to go into that depth of analysis would probably be incorrect

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
I did the same! Is it correct?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending