The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship Scheme 2015

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone outside of London actually heard back?
Original post by Dazman0106
Has anyone outside of London actually heard back?

I applied for WM and I haven't. I had my assessment centre 17th April. I'm getting worried now with people saying they've had texts but if it's only people in London then that makes me feel a bit better!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 222
Yes I have. I applied for the North West. At the assessment day they said they were not going to let anyone know until end of May, beginning of June so I'm not sure why I've heard back.
Reply 223
Did anyone apply for the IT related role? Did you get an email telling you to do the test? I got one but I am not sure if this is for this application or something different as it doesn't really say. It has been awhile since I got it and I completed it as it had a deadline sometime last week, but just got curious as I didn't hear back about that test yet.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Miyata
Did anyone apply for the IT related role? Did you get an email telling you to do the test? I got one but I am not sure if this is for this application or something different as it doesn't really say. It has been awhile since I got it and I completed it as it had a deadline sometime last week, but just got curious as I didn't hear back about that test yet.

I applied for an IT role. What particular test are you referring about? I did a numerical and verbal reasoning test. It is my belief that all fast track applicants did the same psychometric tests. I don't see how we could possibly do different exams- but then I could be wrong. Best of luck.
Reply 225
Original post by bmcenturion
I applied for an IT role. What particular test are you referring about? I did a numerical and verbal reasoning test. It is my belief that all fast track applicants did the same psychometric tests. I don't see how we could possibly do different exams- but then I could be wrong. Best of luck.

No, I did that numerical and verbal test long time ago, before getting invited to interview even. IT applicants do another additional test.

https://www5.i-grasp.com/fe/apprenticeships.asp?newms=info5#Eligibility

"The final stage of the process is a half-day assessment centre. This will include an interview, a written exercise and a group exercise. Those applying for a Digital & Technology or Cyber Security apprenticeship will also take an IT related test. Further details will be provided to shortlisted candidates."

And thanks, best of luck to you too.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 226
Original post by Robbo-92
I'm in a similar situation but was a few weeks later completing the tests due to me only applying rather late for the apprenticeship. I think I completed the tests on 15th of April (the closing date was the 19th of April) so my application should have been received by them (and I haven't received anything saying otherwise) to be marked and decided upon whether I get to an assessment centre or not. It's the wait that's starting to get to me now, not knowing if I'm advancing in the process or not. Can't do anything other than wait I suppose.

Have you heard anything yet? I'm still waiting to hear back too. It's driving me mad. I even called them up but it didn't really help
Original post by Baby J
Have you heard anything yet? I'm still waiting to hear back too. It's driving me mad. I even called them up but it didn't really help

Not yet, sounds like we can't do anything but wait really.
Genuinely think this may be the longest and slowest recruitment process going. I mentioned the poor processing of the whole recruitment campaign to the Capita chap running the assessment centre, the only response I got was "that's the civil service".
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 229
I applied for Yorkshire and the Humber and I had my place confirmed last week, I think it is just a lengthy process as they have a lot of applicants
Original post by ees94
I applied for Yorkshire and the Humber and I had my place confirmed last week, I think it is just a lengthy process as they have a lot of applicants

When was your assessment centre if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 231
When was your assessment centre if you don't mind me asking?

I had it on the 15th of April, although I did send my initial application off on the very first day the application process opened
Original post by Miyata
No, I did that numerical and verbal test long time ago, before getting invited to interview even. IT applicants do another additional test.

https://www5.i-grasp.com/fe/apprenticeships.asp?newms=info5#Eligibility

"The final stage of the process is a half-day assessment centre. This will include an interview, a written exercise and a group exercise. Those applying for a Digital & Technology or Cyber Security apprenticeship will also take an IT related test. Further details will be provided to shortlisted candidates."

I've been wondering about this as well. I applied for the Cyber Security role and have my assessment day tomorrow; but I haven't heard anything about the additional test whatsoever. Maybe you only have to do it if you are successful at the assessment day?
Genuinely think this may be the longest and slowest recruitment process going. I mentioned the poor processing of the whole recruitment campaign to the Capita chap running the assessment centre, the only response I got was "that's the civil service".

The Capita guy at my assessment centre said the same thing when I complained about how long we have to wait haha!
Reply 234
Original post by rafanadal
The Capita guy at my assessment centre said the same thing when I complained about how long we have to wait haha!

The Civil Service do have quite a lengthy recruitment process but bearing in mind how many apprentices they are taking on I think it's fair, especially if they are still conducting assessment centres. I wonder if they allocate a certain number of places to each area within the UK?
Original post by srbd
The Civil Service do have quite a lengthy recruitment process but bearing in mind how many apprentices they are taking on I think it's fair, especially if they are still conducting assessment centres. I wonder if they allocate a certain number of places to each area within the UK?

Yeah I didn't think they were going to be taking so many people on tbh! And I think so, someone put in a previous post that they were told that they were taking about 200 people in their specific area but when I asked at my assessment centre they said they didn't know!
Also just looked back through the thread and saw that you've been offered a place, congrats! I had my assessment centre the day after yours so hopefully I'll hear back soon..!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 236
Yeah I didn't think they were going to be taking so many people on tbh! And I think so, someone put in a previous post that they were told that they were taking about 200 people in their specific area but when I asked at my assessment centre they said they didn't know!Also just looked back through the thread and saw that you've been offered a place, congrats! I had my assessment centre the day after yours so hopefully I'll hear back soon..!

I think they are taking on 750, 400 through FT and 350 through OD so I imagine it's a lot of work doing all the sifts and interviews etc.

Thanks, I still feel like maybe it's not legit because it's so early to hear back but knowing others have heard back too reassures me. What area did you apply to? Maybe each region is doing it differently?
Original post by srbd
I think they are taking on 750, 400 through FT and 350 through OD so I imagine it's a lot of work doing all the sifts and interviews etc.

Thanks, I still feel like maybe it's not legit because it's so early to hear back but knowing others have heard back too reassures me. What area did you apply to? Maybe each region is doing it differently?

West Midlands and yes possibly as I haven't seen anybody say they have heard back from here yet so fingers crossed! It must be so weird to be told through a text message though haha!
Reply 238
West Midlands and yes possibly as I haven't seen anybody say they have heard back from here yet so fingers crossed! It must be so weird to be told through a text message though haha!

Yeah really weird, I was having a nap when I received it so it was a bit confusing lol but it literally said this:

Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship Scheme Update
You have been successful at the assessment centre stage. Please check your emails or log onto your account to check for correspondence. Remember to check you junk mail.
Original post by srbd
Yeah really weird, I was having a nap when I received it so it was a bit confusing lol but it literally said this:

Civil Service Fast Track Apprenticeship Scheme Update
You have been successful at the assessment centre stage. Please check your emails or log onto your account to check for correspondence. Remember to check you junk mail.

That is so odd hahaha at least you know now though. But nobody who received the text has received an email if I remember correctly? How weird!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending