The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ReeceRhea
Guys i think i messed up... for the memory improvement i did an ACRONYM for ten words? dont know why i did it and i should have done method of loci or pegword... will i get any credit?

What's wrong with an acronym? I used this and wrote this, explained it, related to the stem and gave an example of ROYGBIV.
Original post by Romanoff
Not to rain on your parade but the SS was a heavily controlled observation.

I personally put that it consisted of 8 standardised 'episodes' and something about increasing reliability.

Yeah I got a bit confused. It was controlled yes but it was conducted in the participants home = ecological validity.
Original post by geeee11
What did everyone put for the 6 marker on ethical issues for the strange situation?!

Something to do with right to withdraw, to be careful as they're putting the baby in a stressful situation so linking those two together), and then about confidentiality as well, if they publish the work, they have to keep info confidential/
Good paper, was there a question that asked us about the strength of research done in memory strategy after the effectiveness of memory strategy question? If so what did people put??
How many marks was the research method question that's got something do with demand characteristic and random sampling? Is it 2 or 4?
I messed up on that 12 marker, is cognitive developmental hypothesis being a privation of attachment leading to devastating effects on the child a valid AO1 point? And then using genie for AO2 CAN SOMBODY PLS REPLYYY :smile:)
Reply 1286
Original post by geeee11
What did everyone put for the 6 marker on ethical issues for the strange situation?!

I just talked about the fact that the children were purposely made to feel distressed due to separation from mother and also by being left in an unfamiliar room so they might have suffered from psychological harm, and if that was the case then the psychologist needs to stop the experiment and allow the child to be reunited with their mother.
Also they're too young to give consent so the aim of the study as well as whats going to happen needs be fully explained to the parents. Their right to withdraw also needs to be made clear to them especially when the child is showing extreme distress. Finally parents have to agree to have their results used at the end of the study and their confidentiality needs to be kept especially if the psychologist is going to be filming the behavior inside the room so that they remain anonymous.

I couldn't think of anything else to talk about after that really cause it was 6 marks as well.
for criticisms of the msm I put patient KF and how it is not unitary, I put logie and how the stm relies a lot on the ltm

For limitation of anxiety and EWT, I put most studies were lab therefore lacks ecological validity (guessed this, didn't know)

For advantage of strange situtation I talked about prior and glaser and how it can determine future outcomes

Ethical problems for strange situation I wrote psychological distress (ainsworth) and how to overcome it, then confidentiality and how to overcome, informed consent and how to overcome then deception

For directional hypothesis I wrote verbal stategies will be better than visual at recall the 10 digits

For bowlby theory in A01 I used the words: evolutionary, innate, adaptive, monotropy, critical period, internal working model, continuity hypthosis
A02: for- tronick, Schaffer and emberson...againest- Rutter and Kagan..I also talked about how bowlbys theory is used in real life applications..

from this, what do you think I got?? Hopefully A/B...

Posted from TSR Mobile
What's wrong with an acronym? I used this and wrote this, explained it, related to the stem and gave an example of ROYGBIV.

Ahh okay you guys are filling me with hope... its just i think it said an appropriate memory improvement technique, i didnt know if an acronym for ten words is exactly appropriate. But thankyou guys :biggrin:
Original post by emilialucy
Yeah I got a bit confused. It was controlled yes but it was conducted in the participants home = ecological validity.

Gurl it was conducted in a lab/an unfamiliar environment i.e. STRANGE situation.
For demand characteristics I defined It and stated that parents may be more comforting around child etc to show they are lovely

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SunDun111
yours seems fine, for limitation of msm I put it's oversimplified, and that rehersal isn't the only way of remembering things e.g. Smells. Also for limitation of anxiety I put their is ethical issues would these answers be ok?

For limitation of anxiety I put that most studies were a natural experiment therefore there were other extraneous variables that could affect participants' recall for example their age which could lead to own age bias. :frown:
Original post by Layleexx
Omg I did the exact same thing!

Apparently putting sensitive is fine I've been told.
Would I get two marks for this hypothesis, participants in the condition which uses the method of loci will recall more items than those in the condition that dosent use a memory strategy
Original post by Prina_R
For demand characteristics I defined It and stated that parents may be more comforting around child etc to show they are lovely

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why didnt i think about that.... :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pagorai
How many marks was the research method question that's got something do with demand characteristic and random sampling? Is it 2 or 4?

There was a demand characteristic question for the strange situation which was 2 marks. There was a question about how to conduct a random sample for 2 marks and another about why random sampling is better to use than volunteer sample for 2 marks.
Gurl it was conducted in a lab/an unfamiliar environment i.e. STRANGE situation.

Right out are, I got confused with Schnaffer and Emerson! Oh well, only 2 marks.
Original post by Ash-H
I just talked about the fact that the children were purposely made to feel distressed due to separation from mother and also by being left in an unfamiliar room so they might have suffered from psychological harm, and if that was the case then the psychologist needs to stop the experiment and allow the child to be reunited with their mother.
Also they're too young to give consent so the aim of the study as well as whats going to happen needs be fully explained to the parents. Their right to withdraw also needs to be made clear to them especially when the child is showing extreme distress. Finally parents have to agree to have their results used at the end of the study and their confidentiality needs to be kept especially if the psychologist is going to be filming the behavior inside the room so that they remain anonymous.

I couldn't think of anything else to talk about after that really cause it was 6 marks as well.

Sounds like you went in a lot of detail! I wrote all of those except confidentiality so we should be ok haha. I just kept listing ethical issues until I ran out of room
Original post by ReeceRhea
Ahh okay you guys are filling me with hope... its just i think it said an appropriate memory improvement technique, i didnt know if an acronym for ten words is exactly appropriate. But thankyou guys :biggrin:

When the question asks for appropriate it means short-term/long-term memory improvement techniques.

Pretty sure an acronym qualifies as both short and long.

I do know what you mean though, since 10 words may have been too many for an acronym - but ROYGBIV is 7 so I thought why not.
Also, for the random sampling i said place everyone in alphabetical order then pick every 3rd person... is this credit worthy?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending