The Student Room Group

Ocr as psychology 2015

Scroll to see replies

How did psychological investigations go for everyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Weird! I was retaking and found it harder than last year, the median question confused me a little as to when it would be appropriate, I couldn't think! And also I felt like I was repeating myself a lot, saying that observations, or opportunity sampling would not allow for informed consent! So not sure! How about you?
Original post by tattyA2
Weird! I was retaking and found it harder than last year, the median question confused me a little as to when it would be appropriate, I couldn't think! And also I felt like I was repeating myself a lot, saying that observations, or opportunity sampling would not allow for informed consent! So not sure! How about you?

I found it quite good except for Section C: I don't know wether I put the random sampling question in enough context; I don't know if my procedure was even testing the aim in the 10 marker; and I don't know if the last question was right (it said suggest the effect of the change to your procedure, but I don't know if I answered it correctly :frown:)

But overall it was fine.
Original post by Ashaaibrahim
I'm re-taking this unit as I got a an E last year :confused: lol I got a really high B in core studies tho so I ended up getting a C. Hopefully I can get a B in this. The 10 mark questions are the worst ������������������

So...how did everyone find that....
Reply 24
Original post by Kamara7
I found it quite good except for Section C: I don't know wether I put the random sampling question in enough context; I don't know if my procedure was even testing the aim in the 10 marker; and I don't know if the last question was right (it said suggest the effect of the change to your procedure, but I don't know if I answered it correctly :frown:)

But overall it was fine.

Yeah I felt the same, I kind of changed the aim in the 10 mark question to fit my procedure more, whether I'll get any marks for that I don't know, do you know why median is better sometimes?! Cause I just couldn't think why! The effect question was worded weirdly normally I have the set structure I need for each question but that one I kinda just answered it!
Reply 25
Original post by tasmins
Yeah I felt the same, I kind of changed the aim in the 10 mark question to fit my procedure more, whether I'll get any marks for that I don't know, do you know why median is better sometimes?! Cause I just couldn't think why! The effect question was worded weirdly normally I have the set structure I need for each question but that one I kinda just answered it!

median is better sometimes as its not affected by anomalous results
Reply 26
Original post by Jakz007
median is better sometimes as its not affected by anomalous results

Ah, well I didn't put that but at least I put down how to calculate it in context also, so will have dropped one or two marks there!
Guys, for the observation section, in the question where it asked for the sampling method, what did you all write? Bc me and many people in our class wrote opportunity sampling and now we are freaking out bc we think it was actually event sampling?
omg it was so good! I really enjoyed that exam!!! :smile:
Original post by Zanscape
Guys, for the observation section, in the question where it asked for the sampling method, what did you all write? Bc me and many people in our class wrote opportunity sampling and now we are freaking out bc we think it was actually event sampling?

Don't worry I put opportunity sampling! :smile:
Original post by Zanscape

I put opportunity sampling
What did everyone put for the last 2 questions? What to change about the study and the effect of it??
Original post by GeorginaMahoney
omg it was so good! I really enjoyed that exam!!! :smile:

If you enjoyed it, would you please be able to shed some light on the final 2 questions for me? :frown: :smile:
For the final 2 questions I put I would alter the study by using a structured interview as opposed to questionnaire as this way it would still remain self report, I said this would effect the results as participant may be influenced more but the pressure of a face to face interview and be influenced by demand characteristics and social desirability... I wasn't entirely sure so just gave it a go... As a whole I found the exam really good, much better than last years ( I'm retaking)
Sooooo bottom line was the answer for section B event or opportunity sample?
Reply 35
Guys, I'm freaking out! Was it oppurtunity or event sampling?
Reply 36
Original post by Lisaaa123
For the final 2 questions I put I would alter the study by using a structured interview as opposed to questionnaire as this way it would still remain self report, I said this would effect the results as participant may be influenced more but the pressure of a face to face interview and be influenced by demand characteristics and social desirability... I wasn't entirely sure so just gave it a go... As a whole I found the exam really good, much better than last years ( I'm retaking)

That's exactly what I did too!
Reply 37
One more question, did we have to include random sampling technique in our procedure for the 10 marker?
Reply 38
ha lol correlation did not come up :ahee:
Reply 39
so for section c procedure question i did a field experiment where i wrote particpants witness a person falling over a bus. soon after they were handed a questionaire. asking why they didnt help etc. Is this correct ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending