The Student Room Group

GCSE Astronomy May 15 2015

Who else is doing Astronomy? Any last minute revision tips? :s-smilie:
Original post by pinkstarfish
Who else is doing Astronomy? Any last minute revision tips? :s-smilie:

Hey I am doing the exam this coming Friday and I am really scared. How is your revision going and coursework!!!!
Reply 2
Original post by Castro300
Hey I am doing the exam this coming Friday and I am really scared. How is your revision going and coursework!!!!

I'm so scared, just cramming past paper material because it repeats so much (really useful tip btw, if you have past paper mark schemes memorise the mark schemes :smile:) coursework was pretty good, did A6 and B11 and I got 37/40 :smile: wbu?

Good luck! :redface::wink::s-smilie:
Reply 3
I got a b in my course work
I'm so scared, just cramming past paper material because it repeats so much (really useful tip btw, if you have past paper mark schemes memorise the mark schemes :smile:) coursework was pretty good, did A6 and B11 and I got 37/40 :smile: wbu?

Good luck! :redface::wink::s-smilie:

Yeah thanks, yeah same i am doing all the past papers, and wow, 37/40 thats amazing. My coursework deadline is wednesday so still doing it. I got an A* on one of the past papers and got A* in the mock in january. If anything, coursework is gonna bring me down.
Reply 5
Yeah thanks, yeah same i am doing all the past papers, and wow, 37/40 thats amazing. My coursework deadline is wednesday so still doing it. I got an A* on one of the past papers and got A* in the mock in january. If anything, coursework is gonna bring me down.

My test will bring me down
Reply 6

Wow, well done! Hope coursework went well, actually the exam accounts for quite a lot so even if you don't do that well in your coursework if you get A*s in past papers and stuff you should be fine, especially if you had content finished in January?! :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Bashed
I got a b in my course work

Well done, I know someone who got a high A* because she got a lowish B in coursework but 100% in the exam...
Reply 8
Thanks I found the exam really hard though
Original post by Bashed
Thanks I found the exam really hard though

I agree, I felt it was really unfair in some cases and I had planned to get an A/A*. Hopefully, if they realise that everyone hasn't done as good as they'd hoped, they may lower the grade boundaries and be a bit more generous (something they weren't for the exam!).
P.S. If anyone you know has a spare paper, it would be greatly appreciated if you could post an unofficial mark scheme. Thanks
Yeah I thought the exam was pretty hard; it was ok but definitely harder than previous years, I think they are getting harder each year! Hopefully they'll lower the grade boundaries because I found last year's paper easier than this one...
Yeah I thought the exam was pretty hard; it was ok but definitely harder than previous years, I think they are getting harder each year! Hopefully they'll lower the grade boundaries because I found last year's paper easier than this one...

yeah same, I felt doing all the past papers had not come in handy as I had planned it to be. I felt it went ok, but some questions threw me off. It was definitely more challenging. ii felt that there was more common sense and maths questions involved, supposed to knowing mark schemes and knowledge. How did everyone else find the paper???
i got a A...

Quick Reply

Latest