The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by billymccreith
I used Rutter (criticism of critical period), Lorenz (supports innate) and Hazan and Shaver (supports IWM/conitinuity hypothesis) as my evaluation of the 12 marker.

For the demand characteristics question; anyone else talk about how the mother could work out the aim of the experiment and changer her behaviour accordingly e.g. be more attentive?

yep me that is basically 2 marks lol it was the most logical answer to write
Original post by mercuryman
i know ofcourse, i just wanted to clarify if my point was valid :smile:

cool :smile:
to check if the 10 words were correct?
for the demand c question i put she may change her behavour
Original post by ReeceRhea
Also, for the random sampling i said place everyone in alphabetical order then pick every 3rd person... is this credit worthy?

I think that is systematic. In random sampling everybody has an equal chance of being chosen. So a good answer would be to pick names out of a hat
Reply 1325
Original post by Marli-Ruth
What did anyone write for the pilot study question?

Small scale run of actual study
Eliminates extraneous variables
Adjust any problem
Find out how long to take on the task and cost of the experiment

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Romanoff
When the question asks for appropriate it means short-term/long-term memory improvement techniques.

Pretty sure an acronym qualifies as both short and long.

I do know what you mean though, since 10 words may have been too many for an acronym - but ROYGBIV is 7 so I thought why not.

hi you seem like a very smart person, do you mind if i ask a question?

on the 12 marker, would it be accpetable to write about the cognitive developmental hypothesis that bowlby conjured up on attachment, and like how a privation of attachment can lead to the the child developing low IQs in the future. and then for A02 i backed it up using Genie///

would this be a valid point ?? :smile:
I did thi s as well as using the John study as well because i was really lacking with strengths. Not sure if many people did this as when talking about this after got some weird looks.
[QUOTE="Sxfx;55664179"]Small scale run of actual study
Adjust any problem

Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOTE
forgot to mention EV's! ARGH
i wrote
small practice run of experiment
to see if the words were appropriate
if enough time given to learn words
to ask P's about experience after
to see if memory strategies were ok/applicable
and to ensure P's understood the standardised instructions and what they were supposed to do
and that it saves time and money
Can't deny the fact that it was an extremely easy paper in comparison to past papers though, no questions with long, boring stems and no questions involving day care/disruption/privation - all those long ones people usually tend to struggle on.

The research methods questions were so easy too, no difficult figures to interpret or chart drawing.

Praise da lord hallelujah jezuz on a bike

A 12 marker on day care, disruption or privation would have been far nicer than Bowlby's theory in my opinion tbh. But yeah, a relatively easy paper.
Reply 1330
When do the grade boundaries get released?
And when we get the results do we get to see the individual marks too?
Original post by Sxfx
Small scale run of actual study
Adjust any problem

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hopefully everyone contextualised this! Had to say: to make sure if the memory improvement technique(s) used were appropriate/if using 10 words were too little or too much!

Not referring to the stem caps you at like 2 marks.
High grade boundaries though🙈 can't believe me prediction was right💁🏻
Original post by Ash-H
I said that it was reductionist as well and I just checked my notes and It's fine :smile:

Is the limitation for anxiety fine?
Original post by SunDun111
For the question reguarding ethical issues that need considering for strange situation how many marks would I get form talking about informed consent being given in the form of debriefing at the end and confidentiality, obviously these points was elaborated.

I don't think informed consent would have gotten marks ;S
Surely if the mothers are taken part in the strange situation, informed consent has already been gotten?
Original post by Annettee
I don't think informed consent would have gotten marks ;S
Surely if the mothers are taken part in the strange situation, informed consent has already been gotten?

They would have still had to consider it though, prior to the experiment.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys for the random sampling question I wrote how the psychologists should write the names on a piece of paper, put it in a hat and pick 10 names.

For memory improvement technique I put narrative stories.

And my hypothesis was
there will be a positive effect of using narrative stories and the number of items recalled correctly.

And for why random sampling is better than opportunity something like
I put
random sampling is less biased and representative
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by fudgeboy989
They would have still had to consider it though, prior to the experiment.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that is true...
Just a thought :closedeyes::closedeyes:
I was joking, god no.

phewwww, had me worried!

also for the 2 marker asking to explain a secure attachment
i explained the characteristics of a securely attached child... but i dont think thats what it was asking was it..? :frown:
Hopefully everyone contextualised this! Had to say: to make sure if the memory improvement technique(s) used were appropriate/if using 10 words were too little or too much!

Not referring to the stem caps you at like 2 marks.

I didnt say if using 10 words were too little or too much,but i did say to see if memory strategies were ok/applicable
this is reffering to the stem riight? :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending