The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1360
about the limitation for anxiety in EWT- would explaining how different studies would be somewhere different on the yerkes dodson curve and they wouldn't take this into account be right?

What did everyone put about defining secure attachment- wasnt sure to say the characteristics or just what it is. i said something about having a strong unbroken bond with 1 parental figure but idk:frown:

completely forgot to write about confidentiality for the ethics question, hopefully informed consent, protection from harm & right to withdraw will be enough!
anyone got any rough ideas of what the highest grade boundaries would be for a C? :s-smilie:
Reply 1362
Original post by AyshaU
Did anyone else feel the [paper seemed a lot longer or was it just me
I normally finish early but I didn't finish my 12 marker this time :frown:

i normally finish half an hour early but had 2 minutes to spare, i was so rushed!
Would it be okay if for the 12 marker i wrote;
Bowlbys theory (including monotropy, internal working model, critical period etc) then supported him with Lorenz's study with the geese and imprinting saying it supports critical period and then criticised him with Genie who was able to reverse the effects of not forming an attachment when Bowbly said it was 'irreversibly broken?' And then evaluated the case study?
How many marks would you say I gained possibly? i didn't evaluate bowlbys theory because I couldn't think of anything.

I have a few questions, I'm just still thinking of them lol
(edited 8 years ago)
Any ideas on predictions of what could come up in unit 2?
Reply 1365
Original post by SunDun111
I accidently wrote sensitive period instead of critical will I lose marks? For the 12 marker

i did that too i swear they're the same thing??
Reply 1366
This exam was pretty easy and straightforward so I think the grade boundaries will be high. Just hope I get an A, I deserve that A!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
With the case studies strengths / limitations question did you have to just state strengths and weaknesses or just name one or two and elaborate?
Original post by K3lvin
would a limitation of the anxiety on ewt be exposed to stressful situations such as the presence of a weapon so the protection of participant(ethical issue) would need to be considered. Would this get me 2/2

I outlined the study but didn't evaluate it as i wasn't asked to. I did, however, note that participants believed that they were waiting to participate in a completely different study! (Loftus - Weapon Focus)
Original post by nobodycarescarla
Same! Normally I finish 20mins early but today I finished 2mins before :/ no time to look over stuff! :frown:

Overall how did you find it
for the ethical issue i wrote protection of participant than protection of harm would this make me lose a mark or is it okay
How was it though did you think it was ok

Original post by co16
i normally finish half an hour early but had 2 minutes to spare, i was so rushed!
For the limitation of Anxiety in EWT I said ethical issues? ppts could be traumatised i.e the bloody knife in the weapon focus study ?
Reply 1373
Original post by AyshaU
How was it though did you think it was ok

it was ok,hopefully i did enough for an A, stressed about psy2 as i keep forgetting it's in a week!
Reply 1374
MSM - 10 (6 describe + 4 evaluate)
Anxiety & EWT ( 6 + 2)
Case studies (4)
Pilot studies (4)
Define a secure attachment (2)
Strange Situation (2+4)
Cultural variations (4)
Random sample (with regards to day care) (2+2)
Demand characteristics of parents in SS (2)
BPS ethics in SS (6)
Describe + evaluate Bowlby (12)

Does anyone know what questions I'm missing off this list?
Original post by co16
it was ok,hopefully i did enough for an A, stressed about psy2 as i keep forgetting it's in a week!

I find unit 2 easier for some reason
this time next week it's over
what other subjects do you do
Original post by Eleanor303
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you may have needed to say how the demand characteristics arise in this situation. Potentially something along the lines of the mother either knowing or guessing the aim of the study due to informed consent.

Obviously I don't know the mark schemes so don't necessarily trust my word!

I put because of demand characteristics she would have known the aim of the experiment. The parents would have interacted more with the children so that the researcher can find out what attachment type they are by their interaction with their mother.

Dunno if it is right or not.
Reply 1377
I talked about confidentiality and how the lab environment of the anxiety research studies made it so that people didnt give a ****???
Hey,

Is it just me or does your arm really ache after the psychology exam.

Really good exam everything I wanted came up !!
Original post by AyshaU
Overall how did you find it

Okay, could answer everything just not 100% sure I went into as much detail as needed. Hbu?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending