The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by samb1234
Yep. An a is 80% ums over all the modules and then if you have 80% average and 90% across a2 you get an a*. Slightly annoying that your as grades don't really make it easier to get an a* but oh well

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I thought that all the UMS gained this year is added on for the overall A-Level. Turned out I was wrong :erm:
Original post by C0balt
Thinking of results day makes me a bit sad. We cannot jump around and hug people as soon as we see 4As. Instead we would be pulling our calculators out before finally (hopefully) scream out of joy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is true... It'll be quite sad aswell as we may well be disappointed at an '85' mark in one module (which will not happen of course :wink:), but it will sound so nice to say '100' in anything (first have to get it though :tongue:)
Original post by Wawasan
Not if you see a sheet littered with the number 100 all over :tongue:

Well it's a bit hard with /120 subjects
Not if you see 120 everywhere though:awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Wawasan
Not if you see a sheet littered with the number 100 all over :tongue:

100/150 for OCR chemistry unit 2? :no:

:lol:
Original post by enaayrah
Yeah I thought that all the UMS gained this year is added on for the overall A-Level. Turned out I was wrong :erm:

It is but it doesn't contribute to a* (unless you take some a2 maths units this year)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JustWondered
Is anyone on here doing OCR physics A?

Yep, how are you feeling about it? I think I know the content but not feeling as prepared as I'd like yet :frown:.
It is but it doesn't contribute to a* (unless you take some a2 maths units this year)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I see
Yep. An a is 80% ums over all the modules and then if you have 80% average and 90% across a2 you get an a*. Slightly annoying that your as grades don't really make it easier to get an a* but oh well

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

So at least 80 percent above at AS and 90 percent at A2 mean A* overall?

Posted from TSR Mobile

And is it an average of the A2 grades that has to be over 90 UMS or that both have to be over 90? (So is 80/100 allowed or does it have to be 90/90?)
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

So at least 80 percent above at AS and 90 percent at A2 mean A* overall?

No. 80% average out of all of the modules gets you an a and then if you have 90% across a2 you get a* eg if you got 60% at as and then 100% at a2 you would get a*. So in all honesty as far as getting an a* is concerned 95% ums in as is no better than 70%

Posted from TSR Mobile
100/150 for OCR chemistry unit 2? :no:

:lol:

You get what I mean! :P
No. 80% average out of all of the modules gets you an a and then if you have 90% across a2 you get a* eg if you got 60% at as and then 100% at a2 you would get a*. So in all honesty as far as getting an a* is concerned 95% ums in as is no better than 70%

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah 😃.

But if your applying for Cambridge, wouldn't be better together high ums at AS anyway.
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah 😃.

But if your applying for Cambridge, wouldn't be better together high ums at AS anyway.

Of course it is better to get high ums

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've done so many C1 papers that I'm getting physically sick of them :tongue:
I've done so many C1 papers that I'm getting physically sick of them :tongue:

I've started racing myself trying to get a new pb it makes it a bit more interesting

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've started racing myself trying to get a new pb it makes it a bit more interesting

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes same here! My best so far is 71/72 in 35 minutes :biggrin:
Original post by Anti-Dirac
Yes same here! My best so far is 71/72 in 35 minutes :biggrin:

Lol I just got full marks in 18 haha. Not sure I can go much faster lol. So nearly lost 5 marks from skim reading though

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I try to use all my time! I do it quickly at first and then spend ages meticulously looking it over :lol:
I try to use all my time! I do it quickly at first and then spend ages meticulously looking it over :lol:

Do that in the exam but not much point when you're at home

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol I just got full marks in 18 haha. Not sure I can go much faster lol. So nearly lost 5 marks from skim reading though

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know whether I'll actually try to go that fast in the exam though. On the one hand you have more time for checking but on the other hand you're more likely to make mistakes. :confused:

Latest

Trending

Trending