The Student Room Group

Biology AQA B2+3

How you guys feeling?? Done a past paper on both and got 56/60 and 58/60 respectively, dedicated the past weekend to Biology.
Lemme know how you're all feeling and predictions on the six markers...
Good luck everyone

Scroll to see replies

My prediction for B2 is the digestive system and the enzymes used etc..
I'm feeling pretty okay, I feel like I know the main concepts, however the B2 2014 paper was so hard so I'm kind of apprehensive about what this year's papers will bring :/
I'm predicting a 6 mark speciation question in B2 since there seems to be one every single year!
Reply 4
Original post by adamcapone
My prediction for B2 is the digestive system and the enzymes used etc..

so you're thinking things such as protease, lipase and amylase? Easy enough lol. Remember, bile isn't needed to be mentioned as it isnt part of the digestive system it is just there to neutralise acids so your wbc's dont de-nature.
Reply 5
Original post by RachJess4
I'm predicting a 6 mark speciation question in B2 since there seems to be one every single year!

HAHA! This was my exact prediction, the last paper on the test speciation of birds. Hoping that the B3 6 marker is on Deforestation, the function of the kidneys or the circulatory system.
Original post by Ianson10
HAHA! This was my exact prediction, the last paper on the test speciation of birds. Hoping that the B3 6 marker is on Deforestation, the function of the kidneys or the circulatory system.

I hate the final topic, the 'Humans and their environment' one, so I'm just hoping on a 6 marker on anything but that :s-smilie:
Reply 7
I feel like I'm going to fail this exam, any last minute tips would be great
Reply 8
How you guys feeling?? Done a past paper on both and got 56/60 and 58/60 respectively, dedicated the past weekend to Biology.
Lemme know how you're all feeling and predictions on the six markers...
Good luck everyone

i think that the B3 6 marker is gonna be on sustainable food production or the homeostasis
Reply 9
Original post by a.zed
I feel like I'm going to fail this exam, any last minute tips would be great

Man just don't panic! Make sure you go through any notes you've made before. Do a past paper or two tonight if you can. Make sure you know the key topics which are almost definitely going to be on the paper- the circulatory system, digestive system, kidneys. They're all likely to be on the paper...

Some other things to look at would be the mark schemes of past years to see what the examiner is looking for, make sure you scrub up on what they want to know.

A bit of advice i got given by my teacher; on the data analysis questions you need little if any scientific knowledge, if you was to answer all them questions they would give you roughly 20 marks per paper, which is a substantial amount with 0 scientific knowledge.

Remember man, just keep calm! Good luck :smile:
Reply 10
Man just don't panic! Make sure you go through any notes you've made before. Do a past paper or two tonight if you can. Make sure you know the key topics which are almost definitely going to be on the paper- the circulatory system, digestive system, kidneys. They're all likely to be on the paper...Some other things to look at would be the mark schemes of past years to see what the examiner is looking for, make sure you scrub up on what they want to know. A bit of advice i got given by my teacher; on the data analysis questions you need little if any scientific knowledge, if you was to answer all them questions they would give you roughly 20 marks per paper, which is a substantial amount with 0 scientific knowledge. Remember man, just keep calm! Good luck :smile:

thank you very much :smile: I really hope I do well.

Which topics do you think are most likely to come up for B2?
Help! In my revision book there is a question which asks which way osmosis will go....
In a viskimg tube 1% of NaCl is added and placed in a beaker with 0.5% of NaCl....how come the net movement is into the beaker?
Reply 12
Original post by XxsciencemathsxX
Help! In my revision book there is a question which asks which way osmosis will go....
In a viskimg tube 1% of NaCl is added and placed in a beaker with 0.5% of NaCl....how come the net movement is into the beaker?

from the area of high concentration to the area of low concentration until equilibrium is reached
Reply 13
I'm feeling pretty okay, I feel like I know the main concepts, however the B2 2014 paper was so hard so I'm kind of apprehensive about what this year's papers will bring :/

im really fine as long as there is no marker on quadrat sampling anyways my 50/50 isa will pull my grade up plus unit 3 will also help
Reply 14
Original post by a.zed
thank you very much :smile: I really hope I do well.

Which topics do you think are most likely to come up for B2?

I believe that the B2 topics will be on cells as its a personal favorite over the last few years, the rate of photosynthesis(limiting factors) could potentially be a six marker. I think there will be a small section on respiration, same with meiosis/mitosis, maybe mendel, and speciation 6 marker to finish it off :smile:
Reply 15

im really fine as long as there is no marker on quadrat sampling anyways my 50/50 isa will pull my grade up plus unit 3 will also help
Just out of curiosity what time are we all sitting this exam?
Reply 17
I believe that the B2 topics will be on cells as its a personal favorite over the last few years, the rate of photosynthesis(limiting factors) could potentially be a six marker. I think there will be a small section on respiration, same with meiosis/mitosis, maybe mendel, and speciation 6 marker to finish it off :smile:

oh thank you so much :smile: I those topics aren't so bad.

What do you think will come up on B3 ? That's the one I'm dreading the most :redface:
Reply 18
Original post by iMacJack
Just out of curiosity what time are we all sitting this exam?

the exam is scheduled for 1 pm

and i have 2 French exams in the morning!
Original post by en1
from the area of high concentration to the area of low concentration until equilibrium is reached

But surely the higher the NaCl, the more concentrates the water is...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending