The Student Room Group

What are your favorite workout songs?

Just wondering what people like to listen to when in the gym/working out.

I'd say 'You Make Me' by Avicii really gets me pumped, save it for my heaviest most intense sets. 'Running Away' by Tobu is another.

Scroll to see replies

I never choose anything in particular but always enjoy when billy talent comes on during a run!

Posted from TSR Mobile
It varies, but a bit of Shake it off by T Swizzle always gets me pumped. Right now I'm also finding Maneater by Nelly Furtado and Vlad the Impaler by Kasabian to by my favourites on my playlist at the minute.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
The loud sound of grunting and the clashing of weights usually gets me going
Faint by Linkin Park.I could do a lot more pushups with this song.
The entirity of FFDPs back catalogue

Anything by Disturbed/ Device

Bit of shinedown, betray the martyrs, slipknot, three days grace etc.

This youtube video can be downloaded too - I like it for deadlifts
[video="youtube;7hf8BJVwdnY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hf8BJVwdnY[/video]
My PB attempt song is dmx v the xx - x gon give it to ya v intro.

Otherwise, anything with a beat, from rap to metal.
Britney Spears - Work B*tch
:smile: :smile: :smile:
not one for music when I work, I do athletics most days but if I want to go for a long run then it would be a choice between Riot album- Paramore or Trash album- Alice Cooper
Rage against the machine (album)
My favourite song to listen to before a game is Jay Z - Diamonds is forever
[video="youtube;VTlPxIOijxs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTlPxIOijxs[/video]
I usually listen to some tunes before a workout rather than during, just to get myself in the mood. Been proper into grime pre-workout lately.
Run Boy Run - Woodkid
My indian jam. :bhangra:
Work Hustle Kill and Hungry By Rob Bailey. The beat defaintly makes you try harder and Linkin Park in general is good as well!
I don't listen to my own music anymore as it throws off my timing with cleans and snatches, so will listen to whatever is on in the background at the gym, I usually don't notice it once I start anyway. It means I'm no longer reliant on music to get pumped for maximal attempts.

Until november ish I still occasionally put music on for squatting. Playlist was assorted metal:
FFDP, Amon Amarth, Children of Bodom, In Flames, Gojira, Kalmah, SOAD, Trivium, Sabaton, Disturbed, Slipknot (Custer is a banger for when you're squatting), Mastodon (Blood and thunder was my song of choice for 1RM attempts).
(edited 8 years ago)
Anything by Squarepusher usually does the trick for me. I find the asymmetric beats and jolted melodies get me fired up!
One word

Spoiler

Original post by .JC.
Just wondering what people like to listen to when in the gym/working out.

I'd say 'You Make Me' by Avicii really gets me pumped, save it for my heaviest most intense sets. 'Running Away' by Tobu is another.

I got a whole spotify play list full :colondollar: x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest